Retail Openings and Closures

I liked smash burger, too bad.  Wonder why restaurants don't do well here, it's a good center in Irvine. 

Across the canal, in the Crossroads center, Bamboo Gardens will open up soon.  Some sort of AYCE Indian/Asian cuisine?  They have one already in SJ at a TIC Apt community

ps9 said:
I liked smash burger, too bad.  Wonder why restaurants don't do well here, it's a good center in Irvine. 

Across the canal, in the Crossroads center, Bamboo Gardens will open up soon.  Some sort of AYCE Indian/Asian cuisine?  They have one already in SJ at a TIC Apt community

Pho so 1 has been open for a while. We get take out from there frequently.

playingvideogamesat30 said:
Looks like Shin Sen Gumi is coming to woodbury town center. Liquor license posted on the old jalapenos/fish places next to subway.

Shin Sen Gumi in Irvine?  That has 2 hour wait time for 15 dollar ramen written all over it.

abosch00 said:
playingvideogamesat30 said:
Looks like Shin Sen Gumi is coming to woodbury town center. Liquor license posted on the old jalapenos/fish places next to subway.

Shin Sen Gumi in Irvine?  That has 2 hour wait time for 15 dollar ramen written all over it.

Paging JMONEY!! Post gym lunch?

Anyone know when they'll bring a grocery store to orchard hills plaza? Damn you Haagan! I really loved the pavilions that was there before you came and ruined everything. We really need a quick run grocery store in that plaza.

Could be a LONG time. Irvine company will wait till someone decides to pay up for the lease rather than take a cut in the lease price.

Albertsons is too close for another pavilions/vons/albies. Ralphs is not adding stores to So Cal. Smart and Final doesn't need a store that large in the area. Trader Joes is too close and they just moved to a new location in Tustin. Stater Brothers niche is higher density areas. Discount store, not likely to pay the price Irvine Co will demand. That leaves maybe Gelsons or Whole Foods.

Could be they eventually lease to a non grocer........ eventually.

Ready2Downsize said:
Could be a LONG time. Irvine company will wait till someone decides to pay up for the lease rather than take a cut in the lease price.

Albertsons is too close for another pavilions/vons/albies. Ralphs is not adding stores to So Cal. Smart and Final doesn't need a store that large in the area. Trader Joes is too close and they just moved to a new location in Tustin. Stater Brothers niche is higher density areas. Discount store, not likely to pay the price Irvine Co will demand. That leaves maybe Gelsons or Whole Foods.

Could be they eventually lease to a non grocer........ eventually.
Honestly, given the other grocery stores, either they take a rental concession or give a Ralphs or Albertsons a discount in some other centers purely to help market OH, or they end up putting in a gym or something. 

Paris said:
Anyone know when they'll bring a grocery store to orchard hills plaza? Damn you Haagan! I really loved the pavilions that was there before you came and ruined everything. We really need a quick run grocery store in that plaza.

Consider yourself lucky.  I can't tell you how many times  I've made a Ralphs run for Ben and Jerry's or Talenti pint at 11pm. 

If the store was 10-15 minutes away I probably wouldn't bother.  You've saved yourself 10+ pounds in the last year easy, by not having a grocery store there.

The albertsons on culver/Irvine Blvd is only like 5 minutes away from OH isn't it? I know it's not as convenient as right next door. But it could be worse, at least it's not a 20 minutes drive like it is from PS to Woodbury town center :)

qwerty said:
The albertsons on culver/Irvine Blvd is only like 5 minutes away from OH isn't it? I know it's not as convenient as right next door. But it could be worse, at least it's not a 20 minutes drive like it is from PS to Woodbury town center :)

Are you walking from PS to WTC?! 20 minutes?! When I'm blessed by the traffic lights, it's less than 5 minutes. If I'm not blessed by the traffic light gods, it's a few minutes more. 20 min is a bit of an exaggeration.

Back