Retail Openings and Closures

If you guys want good salsa go to supermex (culver/walnut) and by a 32oz container for $5. They have it made and ready to go

playingvideogamesat30 said:
The former Staples location at Woodbury Town Center is becoming a Homegoods. As long as I don't have to go, I think its a good addition. 

Finally opens this Sunday.  Why not Saturday, I have no idea.

I noticed they are refinishing the exterior of the old Elephant bar location.  Assuming that someone has leased the place but not sure who or what yet.

aquabliss said:
I noticed they are refinishing the exterior of the old Elephant bar location.  Assuming that someone has leased the place but not sure who or what yet.

EMC seafood? 

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

EMC seafood?

Just passed by this morning.  EMC seafood sign is already up.  It's coming!

ps9:  some roach with your noodle?

Thuan Kieu Noodle & Grill, 3961 Irvine Blvd., Irvine; cockroach infestation; permit suspended Nov. 17, reinstated Nov. 18.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/nov-693185-suspended-permit.html

ps9 said:
TK Noodle and Grill
(Coming Soon)
Phone: Not Available
Store Location: Northpark Plaza Suite: 3951

A casual restaurant offering Asian-inspired cuisine.

:) :) :)

Class 302 Tea Cafe
(Coming Soon) Market Place
Suite: 13252

Taiwanese restaurant and tea house caf?.

Barefoot Bowls
(Coming Soon)
Store Location: Crossroads Suite: 3972L

Offering healthy and delicious Acai bowls and smoothies.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Capital Noodle Bar
(Coming Soon)
Store Location: Crossroads Suite:

A Chinese noodle bar featuring thick rice noodles. Noodle dishes are the soul food of Asia - they are comforting, filling, healthful, and best of all, reasonably priced.

Pieology Pizzeria
(Coming Soon) Market Place
Suite:

Pieology Pizzeria is known for fresh and customized pizzas that are ready in three minutes or less. For just one price, guests can enjoy unlimited toppings on pizzas.

I'm gonna get my noodle on!  Hoping Hoping Hoping "TK Noodle and Grill" is the same branch as "TK Noodle" in San Jose.  There's also the possiblity it's related to "Thuan Kieu Noodle and Grill" in GG, either way I'm gonna get my hu tieu without driving to Trieu Chau. 

Another Class 302?  Hopefully they have bigger sized seats, I need to be comfortable when eating greasy food.

Barefoot bowls???  I thought it was another foot massage place, they'll probably close within 3 months.

Capital Noodle Bar, never heard of them, only yelp hits were in London England.  Crossing fingers.

Pieology is always nice to have near, my kid will like it.

Pan Du Monde (formerly McVeans, formerly PDM Cafe) finally closed.

That corner in Oak Creek doesn't seem to be able to support eateries well. Not sure how long Square One Pizza will survive especially with the CPK across the way.

irvinehomeowner said:

That corner in Oak Creek doesn't seem to be able to support eateries well. Not sure how long Square One Pizza will survive especially with the CPK across the way.

So was Pan Du Monde = PDM?  Did PDM close, then McVeans close and then PDM came back?  This spot was the old Pei Wei I believe back 10 years ago.

woodburyowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:

So was Pan Du Monde = PDM?  Did PDM close, then McVeans close and then PDM came back?  This spot was the old Pei Wei I believe back 10 years ago.
Yep. McVean was supposedly the head guy for the PDM Cafe concept, turned it into McVean's, didn't work out, I think Pan Du Monde got it back and then eventually shuttered it.

It was a Pei Wei and since we know that has huge backing, that part of the center must be really bad for restaurants. I'm trying to remember if Pei Wei was the first one there. I know Pasta Pomodoro was where Square One is now.

PDM unfortunately had a limited menu and was unwilling to accommodate allergies. Maybe someone could convince Cinnamon Productions from RSM to move in. It has brunch location written all over it.

Someone might have posted it, but a Luna Grill is going in the Marketplace (Irvine side). It is going in the new structure they are building across from the veggie grill area (in between Veggie Grill and where the recently built Islands is). It looks like their will be more than just Luna going in, but saw a sign up for Luna yesterday. 

Cafe Rio looks close to opening.

Didn't know they renovated California Fish Grill, looks much nicer and now they have craft sodas which is interesting.

Need a strip mall closer to Great Park.

Back