Retail Openings and Closures

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Poops... err Scoops N Scoops opened up.

It's the ice cream shop next to Burntzilla.

I remember when that strip of stores was Golden Spoon, WokMan, Mrs. Fields Cookies and KFC.
Passed by here picking some food up at Burntzilla... it's just like Creamistry with their nitrogen made ice cream... and expensive pricing.

Seems to have lines like Creamistry too.

bones said:
Ugly pie $3 pizza grand opening event
7/18 from 6pm - 9pm
7/19 from 9am - 12pm
Create your own pizza only. No specialty toppings.  One per customer.

Do you need a coupon?  Where is it located?

Orchard Hills center by Ren.  No coupon needed.  I'll probably go early Sunday morning and try the breakfast pizza.  Hopefully I can avoid the crowd if I get there around 8:45a.

bones said:
Ugly pie $3 pizza grand opening event
7/18 from 6pm - 9pm
7/19 from 9am - 12pm
Create your own pizza only. No specialty toppings.  One per customer.

can't seem to find any fliers on this. anyone have any more info on this?

ugly_zps9onjgo7e.jpg

How many different pizza places is this now?

I'd like to see a lot more novelty chef owned restaurants where their dishes are something that you can only really get there. 

I don't know about this ugly pie place, tried it about a month ago.......are they still making you take a convoluted path to order and pay your pizza?  Does it smell like pizza when you walk in instead of some weird funk?  Still no beer right?  And still overpriced?  Need some positive reviews before we venture back

We tried it again last week. Got different pies - the Alfredo one (meh) and the BBQ chicken one (just ok).  Convoluted line was still there. But no one was there so it wasn't really a convoluted line, more of a confusing walk all over the place process. It's not good enough for me to NOT get la Sirena or ren when I'm in that plaza.

P.s. Tried the new cold brew with condensed milk at peets. Thumbs up!!

P.s.s.  Tried Blaze pizza recently. Definitely my favorite amongst the make your own pie place. Esp since IMO the quality at pielogy (spectrum) has been going downhill as of late.

bones said:
P.s.s.  Tried Blaze pizza recently. Definitely my favorite amongst the make your own pie place. Esp since IMO the quality at pielogy (spectrum) has been going downhill as of late.
Yep.

Wish there were more Blaze Pizzas around Irvine than Pieology. The crust and the quality of the ingredients just seem better to us.

I would actually rate MOD second and Pieology last.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Yep.

Wish there were more Blaze Pizzas around Irvine than Pieology. The crust and the quality of the ingredients just seem better to us.

I haven't tried Blaze yet but I'm at pizza over saturation. Maybe next month.

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:
Yep.

I second that.

1. Blaze
2. MOD
3. Pieology/Ugly Pie

irvinehomeowner said:
traceimage said:
Even though I am totally opposed to expensive cookies, we tried Cookie Connection today because we were in the area and my son wanted a cookie. The cookies looked like nothing special to me, but he said it was the BEST SUGAR COOKIE HE'S HAD IN HIS WHOLE LIFE. He also tried a snickerdoodle because he got a second cookie free and it was the BEST SNICKERDOODLE HE'S HAD IN HIS WHOLE LIFE. So there's that. Rave reviews from the little kid demographic.
Finally tried Cookie Connection... I think the plus here is they have TONS of cookies to choose from, the con being they are expensive ($2.50?). Their oatmeal was pretty good... as was their choco chip, but for $2.50 the cookies should be at least 50% larger.

They also sell ice cream which was weird since Creamistry is around the corner, TIC never really cares about competing venues.

Keep an eye on Groupon...I paid $12 for $24 of cookies. I had enough cookies to feed some vendor/contractors, the girlfriend, and myself, and still end up with extra cookies. Screaming deal at half off IMO.

HMart said:
Next to UCI? I have no idea how students can afford a $20 lobster roll.

Why back in my day, we got coupons for $1.50 fat pizza slices..

Don't worry. It's for Asian students only.

Back