Retail Openings and Closures

Went to the 24-hour CVS off of Jeffrey and Alton and Pizza :90 looks close to opening.

So like frogurt, BYO personal pizzas are the new hautness.

I just tried these pizza places for the first time. Pieology @spectrum. Pretty good except I can polish off one in one sitting. Must be that super thin crust.  Ordered 2 for 3 ppl. Prob needed to order one for each. Are they all like that?

Interestingly enough, 3/4 of a Blaze pizza is enough for me.

I like that Mod has a mini size which is good with a salad.

I guess it depends on how many toppings you put on the pizza. Pieology and Mod have thinner crusts than Blaze (although Blaze is still thin).

Read some bad news on the OCR today. Bondi Grillhouse, which was scheduled to open in the Tustin Marketplace this month, is cancelled.

TIC says they have no potential tenants for the new building, which is next door to Bonefish.

Dom said:
Read some bad news on the OCR today. Bondi Grillhouse, which was scheduled to open in the Tustin Marketplace this month, is cancelled.

TIC says they have no potential tenants for the new building, which is next door to Bonefish.

I'm devastated.

paperboyNC said:
Dom said:

I'm devastated.

That is pretty amazing...didn't they tear down Black Angus to put up that restaurant?

a miguel Jrs will be open up at the Tustin Marketplace across from the Home Depot
http://www.miguelsjr.com/

ive seen the one in Costa Mesa on 17th but have never eaten there. the menu is on the more limited side but has the basics.

qwerty said:
a miguel Jrs will be open up at the Tustin Marketplace across from the Home Depot
http://www.miguelsjr.com/

ive seen the one in Costa Mesa on 17th but have never eaten there. the menu is on the more limited side but has the basics.

funny.. who was the one that got bet out of shape that they were closing down Mexican eateries. 

Yellowfin Fish Grill closed at least a couple weeks ago in Woodbury Town Center. Good riddance. They sucked as Oceanic Fish Grill, then they redecorated and made some changes to their menu and re-opened as Yellowfin. Too bad the quality/taste of their food didn't improve. I'm glad there's the space now for a new dining option there. Indian or Persian or Thai would be much appreciated.

bones said:
I just tried these pizza places for the first time. Pieology @spectrum. Pretty good except I can polish off one in one sitting. Must be that super thin crust.  Ordered 2 for 3 ppl. Prob needed to order one for each. Are they all like that?

Yup, pretty much need to order a pizza per person for average eaters. It's not a location-based issue.

I wish they would put a Pieology in that location in Woodbury... Wishful thinking, plus I'd probably gain 10 lbs the first month.

aquabliss said:
I wish they would put a Pieology in that location in Woodbury... Wishful thinking, plus I'd probably gain 10 lbs the first month.

I'd love that! But First Class Pizza is right there, and I'd guess they have a non-compete clause in their lease.

Back