Remove the Lock feature

Come on, TLONL, tell us what happened since you are hanging around. Is this a hubby and wife thing? Huh? The suspense is killing us.

pisa said:
qwerty said:
So perhaps it wasn't iho's fault? Sounds like maybe it was a work issue where he could get in trouble?
That seems plausible also
Yeah, that could be the reason.
Just turned TI into the land of no insider info

I don't think this was a disagreement between LONL and the admin... I don't even think the admin knew about it.

The problem I see here is LONL didn't just delete his posts, he deleted everyone else's which is poor forum etiquette. I didn't have issues with LONL before and he seemed like a very helpful member but his latest actions has tainted my opinion of him. Just the fact that he's sending messages through another member is weird.

I'm sure he's an upstanding guy but if you're going to go all scorched earth because you can't take a joke about your own poll/actions, then maybe the Internet is not for you. And once you start thinking that your presence/posts are a privilege to this forum and that you have the right to do whatever you want because of the information you provide... well... no one is that special. TI exists as a community and its members working together to provide organized content and discussion. No one member is more important than the other. I don't think I have any more "rights" to post on TI than anyone else, nor do I think my posts are proprietary property that is a gift to mankind.

Maybe his bosses did tell him to delete his posts. But if that were the case why did he say "I know what gets me in trouble so don't worry about me" when we would tell him to be careful?

Maybe his co-workers knew who he was and his latest antics made him look a bit petty and maybe that's why he nuked them.

I would agree with bones that TI is losing the value of LONL's future posts but if the cost is that member thinking they have the right to do whatever they want and can't be subject to criticism... well... TI was fine before and TI will be fine after.

I vote for restoring his threads even if it means nuking the last 2 days of posts (including this TL;dr soliloquy), because:

1. No member should have their posts deleted without their consent (unless their post breaks forum rules)
2. What goes on in TI should stay in TI :)

TI Time Machine gooooooo!!

P.S. If LONL has issues with me personally, he is free to PM me.

You know all of this could've been avoided if you did the ps9 double smiley face after not so offensive comment but taken way too seriously reaction.

:) :)

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't think this was a disagreement between LONL and the admin... I don't even think the admin knew about it.

The problem I see here is LONL didn't just delete his posts, he deleted everyone else's which is poor forum etiquette. I didn't have issues with LONL before and he seemed like a very helpful member but his latest actions has tainted my opinion of him. Just the fact that he's sending messages through another member is weird.

I'm sure he's an upstanding guy but if you're going to go all scorched earth because you can't take a joke about your own poll/actions, then maybe the Internet is not for you. And once you start thinking that your presence/posts are a privilege to this forum and that you have the right to do whatever you want because of the information you provide... well... no one is that special. TI exists as a community and its members working together to provide organized content and discussion. No one member is more important than the other. I don't think I have any more "rights" to post on TI than anyone else, nor do I think my posts are proprietary property that is a gift to mankind.

Maybe his bosses did tell him to delete his posts. But if that were the case why did he say "I know what gets me in trouble so don't worry about me" when we would tell him to be careful?

Maybe his co-workers knew who he was and his latest antics made him look a bit petty and maybe that's why he nuked them.

I would agree with bones that TI is losing the value of LONL's future posts but if the cost is that member thinking they have the right to do whatever they want and can't be subject to criticism... well... TI was fine before and TI will be fine after.

I vote for restoring his threads even if it means nuking the last 2 days of posts (including this TL;dr soliloquy), because:

1. No member should have their posts deleted without their consent (unless their post breaks forum rules)
2. What goes on in TI should stay in TI :)

TI Time Machine gooooooo!!

P.S. If LONL has issues with me personally, he is free to PM me.

IHO - don't worry you did nothing wrong. People joke around all the time on TI.

Okay so I just looked at my previous posts. I clicked on my profile and clicked on show posts.

So for the posts that were effected. It looks like the name of the thread has been changed, but most posts are there unless it was specifically removed. So if we really want to see a topic that you posted previously you can do that.

I'm just thinking about a solution. Should we just "remake the topic" and copy and paste the old posts? The simple way is to get the admin to unlock the posts.

ps9 said:
You know all of this could've been avoided if you did the ps9 double smiley face after not so offensive comment but taken way too seriously reaction.

:) :)
Actually... the yaliu triple would have been better.

:) :) :)

Who cares. The majority of posts in TI are useless and forgettable (mine included). The ones that are useful are rarely relooked at. Otherwise, the same questions wouldn't be asked over and over again.

So how he did it is solved. It's basically what eyephone said.

Without going through the details, let's just say he was very smart in trying to hide the threads which makes me wonder about the why.

This is probably what he meant by archiving the threads and you could only find them via PM to him.

You can find the original threads back in the Irvine Real Estate forums but they will have numbers for their subject titles, so finding content will be harder by subject, you will just need to search via keyword.

So no posts were deleted and the admin was able to find them and move them back.

Now I'm wondering if LONL is going to show up himself and discuss this.

#TIDramaForYourMama

LOLN's identity is blown. Corporate companies or company hires profilers to crack his identity. There is duress to his business and employment. He deleted many posts relative to the industry's proprietary information. There is no freedom of speech here in this city. Noland gave away too much information of himself recently that he is finally silenced. For the rest of you you can talk about just anything nothing will happen to you. TEST's one liners continue to conceal her identity and the professional profilers have not been able to ruin her. TEST knows the cat and mouse game well and continue to avoid being captured. There is a lot of effort to suppress information to conceal the truth from the public. Both private and public sectors have so much creative accounting to hide.

irvinehomeshopper said:
LOLN's identity is blown. Corporate companies or company hires profilers to crack his identity. There is duress to his business and employment. He deleted many posts relative to the industry's proprietary information. There is no freedom of speech here in this city. Noland gave away too much information of himself recently that he is finally silenced. For the rest of you you can talk about just anything nothing will happen to you. TEST's one liners continue to conceal her identity and the professional profilers have not been able to ruin her. TEST knows the cat and mouse game well and continue to avoid being captured. There is a lot of effort to suppress information to conceal the truth from the public. Both private and public sectors have so much creative accounting to hide.

Doh. You've just given away test's gender. A red herring? Is it not? Or is it not not?

Back