Recommendations for landscaping companies

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm living vicariously through all you new home owners.

It'll be your turn sooner than you think.

If someone told me last year that I'd be living in a new house in 2014, I would have laughed at their prediction.  Well here I am ... And all the fun stuff that comes with owning a new home.

Hi everyone!  I'm relatively new to TI :)  I've been talking to some landscaping companies and have narrowed my choices down to two: 1) KS Landscaping and 2) Jefferson Rand.  Does anybody have any opinions/experience on either they'd be willing to share?  And info would be appreciated!

I highly recommend Jo from Echo Family. I found him because many of the homes in my neighborhood in Mendocino were using him. No better way to assess any contractors work than seeing it for your own eyes. I looked at the quality of his work and was very impressed. After receiving quotes from multiple landscape companies, I chose another contractor initially because they gave me the best price. But unfortunately, that contractor kept on pushing the start date further and further...and eventually, I got so fed up I called Jo to see if he can help me out. He took my business and he completed the job in 2 weeks. I am so pleased with the results and get compliments all of the time! Most importantly, Jo and his team does the job right without cutting corners and adjusts to my needs. It is all according to code and HOA approval is almost complete!

Good luck and PM me if you have any questions.

Contact for Jo from Echo Family is 949-533-4055.

Attachments

• photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 401
  • photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 410
pam said:
*WARNING*

Avoid West Coast Landcare (aka California Landscape Studios) and owner Justin Fox. Don't let his 3D computer illustrations fool you! This company fails to deliver what Justin promises in these designs. The quality of their work is below standard (workers damaged paver block walkway during installation & concrete sidewalk is discolored), customer service is terrible (once you sign the contract, don't expect Justin to return your calls), poor selection of plant material, foreman unreliable and inexperienced, they will change the approved designs during construction and try to charge you more, and they fail to complete the work within a reasonable time.

Stay away from West Coast Landcare. Don't even waste your time with an estimate. This company has too many problems and their quotes will be ridiculously higher than the other companys.

Congratulations on your first post on TI!!!  Wow, you made an account just to complain about a landscaper.  Not to say your lying, but if you could upload pics of ur complaint that would be helpful.  thanks.

zubs said:
pam said:
*WARNING*

Avoid West Coast Landcare (aka California Landscape Studios) and owner Justin Fox. Don't let his 3D computer illustrations fool you! This company fails to deliver what Justin promises in these designs. The quality of their work is below standard (workers damaged paver block walkway during installation & concrete sidewalk is discolored), customer service is terrible (once you sign the contract, don't expect Justin to return your calls), poor selection of plant material, foreman unreliable and inexperienced, they will change the approved designs during construction and try to charge you more, and they fail to complete the work within a reasonable time.

Stay away from West Coast Landcare. Don't even waste your time with an estimate. This company has too many problems and their quotes will be ridiculously higher than the other companys.

Congratulations on your first post on TI!!!  Wow, you made an account just to complain about a landscaper.  Not to say your lying, but if you could upload pics of ur complaint that would be helpful.  thanks.

+1 post the pics

Just a quick update.  Finally got my approval letter from the HOA!!!  Woohoo!!! 

Attachments

• Dsc_7611_small.jpg
    Dsc_7611_small.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 531
  • Dsc_7608_small.jpg
    Dsc_7608_small.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 479
Looks good Zero!  The grass is def. artificial but I like it. 

One question, where the grass meets the planter do you have any small wood strip divider in the ground or one just starts where the other stops?

SubSolar said:
What plants are those along the main wall?

Those are Madagascar Jasmine.  Very beautiful vines.  I saw them in a model home in CV and wanted it for my own yard.

aquabliss said:
Looks good Zero!  The grass is def. artificial but I like it. 

One question, where the grass meets the planter do you have any small wood strip divider in the ground or one just starts where the other stops?

Yes there is.  There is a wood divider.  There is also nails to keep the grass down, amongst other stuff they put in the artificial turf to keep it in good condition.

We finally got our yard completed by The Echo Family (949-533-4055) and here are some pics.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Jo and his crew. The whole job took about 5 weeks to complete. His crew came bright and early everyday at 7am and would work till late, sometimes past 6pm. Jo came and checked the job from time to time to make sure everything is going according to plan. Once or twice we had to change our mind on something and he accommodated our requests. He helped and did all the HOA submission, before and after, and was very patient during the design process. I can't even count how many times we had to redo the drawings and plan and he was very patient all throughout. We picked Jo because he clearly knows what he's doing. He doesn't over promise, and if he can't do it he'll flat out tell you why he can't do it. He doesn't string you along, and doesn't just agree to everything you say.
We trusted him to pick every material out (didn't go to stone yards with him) and it came out perfect. Jo is not the cheapest out there, but he is also not the most expensive. I think what he charges is very reasonable, and fairly priced. He's also local, so any time we need him, he's always 1 call away from coming by to check on things. I couldn't be happier with our yard!

Attachments

• IMG_4210A.jpg
    IMG_4210A.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 478
  • IMG_4209A.jpg
    IMG_4209A.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 467
  • IMG_4214A.jpg
    IMG_4214A.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 412
MrsGH said:
We finally got our yard completed by The Echo Family (949-533-4055) and here are some pics.

I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Jo and his crew. The whole job took about 5 weeks to complete. His crew came bright and early everyday at 7am and would work till late, sometimes past 6pm. Jo came and checked the job from time to time to make sure everything is going according to plan. Once or twice we had to change our mind on something and he accommodated our requests. He helped and did all the HOA submission, before and after, and was very patient during the design process. I can't even count how many times we had to redo the drawings and plan and he was very patient all throughout. We picked Jo because he clearly knows what he's doing. He doesn't over promise, and if he can't do it he'll flat out tell you why he can't do it. He doesn't string you along, and doesn't just agree to everything you say.
We trusted him to pick every material out (didn't go to stone yards with him) and it came out perfect. Jo is not the cheapest out there, but he is also not the most expensive. I think what he charges is very reasonable, and fairly priced. He's also local, so any time we need him, he's always 1 call away from coming by to check on things. I couldn't be happier with our yard!

MRS. GH is on here?  GH better delete all of his posts!  ;)

Back