Real Housewives of OC update

How can you guys be so hard on Jeana? Especially you guys? How short is your memory? Are all you guys on this board born after 1985?? Oh how I remember being 11 years old, and MTV just arrived in my home. And that's when I first met Jeana:

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

It seems to me that if a landlord is collecting rent, it should be illegal if that landlord is not making payments on the home the landlord is collecting rent on.

24086 Fairway Lane received a notice of default in the amount of $17,282 and the reported owners are Matthew and Jeana Keough.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1244810993][quote author="awgee" date=1244808309][quote author="OC Zed" date=1244793884]I will sleep so much better in my rental tonight knowing that my tax dollars are going to keep Jeanna in her $6.5 million home.

Thank you, Washington!</blockquote>

None of your tax dollars are going to keep Jeana in her home.</blockquote>

A simple thanks does not do your words justice. Why do people continue to front this myth?</blockquote>

Directly, no. Indirectly through every which way to force the housing market and overall economy to be artificially goosed? Yes.

Not to mention the hyper-inflationary action the Fed has taken in the last 12 months which will be the ultimate tax on the responsible.

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/06/11/real-housewife-saves-coto-home-from-foreclosure/25593/">Real Housewife saves Coto home from foreclosure</a>

This pisses me off.

<blockquote>I have successfully completed a loan modification with Zachary Scoggins and Art Moore! Thanks guys! Washington Mutual/Chase are committed to keeping families in there homes. Thanks President Obama and HUD?s Jason Coughenour.

</blockquote>

Thanks HUD? She lives in HUD housing?

[quote author="trrenter" date=1245111108]<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/06/11/real-housewife-saves-coto-home-from-foreclosure/25593/">Real Housewife saves Coto home from foreclosure</a>

This pisses me off.

<blockquote>I have successfully completed a loan modification with Zachary Scoggins and Art Moore! Thanks guys! Washington Mutual/Chase are committed to keeping families in there homes. Thanks President Obama and HUD?s Jason Coughenour.

</blockquote>

Thanks HUD? She lives in HUD housing?</blockquote>

Ok, let's get clear.

The Register is basing their reporting on Jeana's letter.

Without any confirmation.

Why in the world is anybody believing anything that Jeana Keough says or writes about herself, her situation, or anything else?

Why does anybody think Jeana is getting a loan mod? Because she says so?

Wake the ____ up!

I do not doubt that Jeana will be able to refinance the loans on at least two of her homes in Coto. They are not highly leveraged, so even if she does not have the income to support the payments on a refi, there are hardmoney folk out there who will, for a high rate of interest, loan her the money.

And she will sell her homes, and pay off her loans.

But a refi is not a loan mod!

And while I am ranting, why are folks saying her home is 8,500 sq. ft.? Because she said it is?

I am incredulous.

[quote author="awgee" date=1245119456]And while I am ranting, why are folks saying her home is 8,500 sq. ft.? Because she said it is?</blockquote>

That can be confirmed easily, if one knows her address-tax rolls should show it.

She's baaaaack.

<strong>Jeana's home is now on the market for $5.5 million.</strong> See OCR story <a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/09/housewives-coto-home-listed-for-55-million/29449/#comment-130821">here</a>. (Here it is on <a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-Shire-92679/home/5054743">redfin</a>. She's asking $688/sqft.)...

<em>Now that the Coto de Caza home of recently retired ?Real Housewives of Orange County? cast member Jeana Keough has escaped foreclosure, it?s up on the market!

'Housewives' For just $5.5 million you get 7 bedrooms and 9 baths, plus ? as the listing (HERE) says:

French Country custom estate, with guest house. Panoramic views of Saddleback Mtn, Coto Clubhouse and all of Coto. 6 car finished garages, gated court yard parking, easily handels boat and recreational storage. The home has high ceilings with custom woodwork, stone wall in large family room 25 x25 with built in bar and open to backyard entertainment center. Large 2 person office with views of peacefull hillside. Single loaded cul de sac with 3 homes. Circular stamped concrete driveway, set back garages. Large Master bedroom suite with retreat, and balcony. His and her bathroom has walk in closets. All secoundary bedrooms are at least 16 x 16 suites. Secound master has walk in closet, fireplace. Gourmet kitchen has large granite island, sub zero extra large refrig and freezer, large yard, sport court(1/2 court basketball)and built in fireplace and firepit, BBQ center, covered patio?s. Mature landscape.

If you recall, we reported last month that Keough says she received a loan modification, saving her home from potential foreclosure. We had earlier noted that Keough received a notice of default on the mortgage on her Coto home. (Also last month, Keough said she?d unlikely return for a fifth season on the Bravo TV show.)

Keough told The Register?s Mark Eades of the listing: ?Who knows if it will go for that price. I?m always testing the market. If someone makes me a good offer, for $5.5 million, I?d sell it.?

And, by the way ? for what Zillow?s math is worth, it places a $1.56 million value on the home. And Eppraisal? $1.96 million.

Oh, yeah, before we forget: Another ?Housewives? personality, Tamra Barney, took her house in Ladera Ranch off the market in February.</em>

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1247229489]<em>If you recall, we reported last month that Keough says she received a <strong>loan modification</strong>, saving her home from potential <strong>foreclosure</strong>. We had earlier noted that Keough received a <strong>notice of default on the mortgage on her Coto home</strong>. (Also last month, Keough said she?d unlikely return for a fifth season on the Bravo TV show.)</em></blockquote>

Funny that... the NOD is still active, and her Secret Garden home is scheduled for the 14th. Like awgee, I think she is full of sh*t.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1247246059][quote author="SoCal78" date=1247229489]<em>If you recall, we reported last month that Keough says she received a <strong>loan modification</strong>, saving her home from potential <strong>foreclosure</strong>. We had earlier noted that Keough received a <strong>notice of default on the mortgage on her Coto home</strong>. (Also last month, Keough said she?d unlikely return for a fifth season on the Bravo TV show.)</em></blockquote>

Funny that... the NOD is still active, and her Secret Garden home is scheduled for the 14th. Like awgee, I think she is full of sh*t.</blockquote>

How long does it typically take for new loans to show up in public records?

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1247261515][quote author="graphrix" date=1247246059][quote author="SoCal78" date=1247229489]<em>If you recall, we reported last month that Keough says she received a <strong>loan modification</strong>, saving her home from potential <strong>foreclosure</strong>. We had earlier noted that Keough received a <strong>notice of default on the mortgage on her Coto home</strong>. (Also last month, Keough said she?d unlikely return for a fifth season on the Bravo TV show.)</em></blockquote>

Funny that... the NOD is still active, and her Secret Garden home is scheduled for the 14th. Like awgee, I think she is full of sh*t.</blockquote>

How long does it typically take for new loans to show up in public records?</blockquote>
About 3-4 weeks.

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1247261515]How long does it typically take for new loans to show up in public records?</blockquote>

Like Trojanman said, a <em>new</em> loan will take about 3-4 weeks, but no new loans show up so far. A loan <em>MOD</em> doesn't have to be recorded, so even if she gets a loan MOD as she claims, then we may never know if she does.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1247274968][quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1247261515]How long does it typically take for new loans to show up in public records?</blockquote>

Like Trojanman said, a <em>new</em> loan will take about 3-4 weeks, but no new loans show up so far. A loan <em>MOD</em> doesn't have to be recorded, so even if she gets a loan MOD as she claims, then we may never know if she does.</blockquote>
So no revised Deed of Trust gets generated and recorded with these loan modications (never delt with a loan modication in my life)? They just must send out a new promissory note with loan modification (this doesn't get recorded).

The lender has zero motivation to do a loan mod.

The Keoughs owe a bit more than $1.3mm on the first.

The bank can foreclose and sell the home for way more than the amount of the first and expenses combined without losing a dime.

If the bank does a loan mod, it loses money.

The bank may refinance, but only on conditions that it will make more money than it can make in its present situation.

Their will be no loan modification.

Why does anybody think that there would be a loan modification? Because Jeana said so? Yeah, and 12 Shire is 8,500 square feet and worth $5.5mm .

Do you remember the old joke about, "How do you know when a lawyer is lying?"

[quote author="ABC123" date=1244788150]she's quite the savvy businesswoman.</blockquote>

LOL, I agree. But I think the letter was written by someone pretending to be her b/c nothing is adding up. Could she be that incompetent? And not knowing about the NOD? My BS detector really went off when she thanked Obama. I recall her and her daughter being very Republican and slamming Dems from time to time. That's what did it for me. She never wrote that letter or she went on some very potent pain killers, which may be the case.

[quote author="norcaljeff" date=1247460694][quote author="ABC123" date=1244788150]she's quite the savvy businesswoman.</blockquote>

LOL, I agree. But I think the letter was written by someone pretending to be her b/c nothing is adding up. Could she be that incompetent? And not knowing about the NOD? My BS detector really went off when she thanked Obama. I recall her and her daughter being very Republican and slamming Dems from time to time. That's what did it for me. She never wrote that letter or she went on some very potent pain killers, which may be the case.</blockquote>

Given her relation with the OC Register, I highly doubt they would fall for a troll like that. I'm guessing if anything, she's the one doing the trolling... that she was pissed the original story was run, and fed them a line of crap.

[quote author="awgee" date=1247291341]The lender has zero motivation to do a loan mod.

The Keoughs owe a bit more than $1.3mm on the first.

The bank can foreclose and sell the home for way more than the amount of the first and expenses combined without losing a dime.

If the bank does a loan mod, it loses money.

The bank may refinance, but only on conditions that it will make more money than it can make in its present situation.

Their will be no loan modification.

Why does anybody think that there would be a loan modification? Because Jeana said so? Yeah, and 12 Shire is 8,500 square feet and worth $5.5mm .

Do you remember the old joke about, "How do you know when a lawyer is lying?"</blockquote>
The same joke applies to realtors as well. ;)

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1247229489]

'Housewives' For just <strong>$5.5 million</strong> you get 7 bedrooms and 9 baths, plus ? as the listing (HERE) says:

French Country custom estate, with guest house. Panoramic views of Saddleback Mtn, Coto Clubhouse and all of Coto. 6 car finished garages, gated court yard parking, easily <strong>handels</strong> boat and recreational storage. The home has high ceilings with custom woodwork, stone wall in large family room 25 x25 with built in bar and open to backyard entertainment center. Large 2 person office with views of <strong>peacefull</strong> hillside. Single loaded cul de sac with 3 homes. Circular stamped concrete driveway, set back garages. Large Master bedroom suite with retreat, and balcony. His and her bathroom has walk in closets. All <strong>secoundary</strong> bedrooms are at least 16 x 16 suites. <strong>Secound</strong> master has walk in closet, fireplace. Gourmet kitchen has large granite island, sub zero extra large refrig and freezer, large yard, sport court(1/2 court basketball)and built in fireplace and firepit, BBQ center, covered <strong>patio?s</strong>. Mature landscape.

</blockquote>

I can forgive the missing hyphens, but for a $5.5 listing at least get the basics of spelling and apostrophe usage correct.

Back