Real Housewives of OC update

[quote author="MightyAlweg" date=1251376849]So the Curtin family is finally getting evicted on Thursday? The second eviction from a rental house in the same year..... Wow, talk about white trash.

And good thing for us, this is all being captured on video for broadcast on national television later this year, in living color. I can't wait!</blockquote>

What the hell do they do now? Start sleeping in the park with the Jeffery Open Space hobo? Who rents to somebody who has two evictions in one year?

Long time lurker here, just couldn't pass this one up.

They are obviously going to move them to the sequel show. "Real Housewives of Pahrump"

Back to lurking

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1251417351][quote author="MightyAlweg" date=1251376849]So the Curtin family is finally getting evicted on Thursday? The second eviction from a rental house in the same year..... Wow, talk about white trash.

And good thing for us, this is all being captured on video for broadcast on national television later this year, in living color. I can't wait!</blockquote>

What the hell do they do now? Start sleeping in the park with the Jeffery Open Space hobo? Who rents to somebody who has two evictions in one year?</blockquote>

Move in with <a href="http://deadspin.com/5346998/bankrupt-lenny-dykstra-reduced-to-sleeping-in-his-car">Lenny Dykstra</a>

Delroy

Jon Stewart is too funny

<a href="http://www.theimproper.com/Template_Article.aspx?IssueId=9&ArticleId=3766">Lenny falls on hard times</a>

<strong><a href="http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/01/curtin-real-house-squatter-of-orange-county/">"Real House Squatter of Orange County"</a></strong>

"Real Housewife of Orange County" Lynne Curtin was evicted from the home she <em>rents </em> on the show -- but Curtin must not understand what the word "eviction" means, because she's still living there.

The homeowner tells TMZ Curtin's family is refusing to leave, forcing her to file legal papers today with the OC Sheriff's Department ... translation: If they don't beat feet, police will have to physically drag them out.

In the meantime, the 51-year-old mother who actually owns the pad is forced to sleep on her 70-year-old parents' couch, adding, "It's humiliating to live in my old parents house because some O.C. housewife cant pay the rent."

As TMZ first reported, the Curtins owes the homeowner over $12,000.

How long does it take from once you've gone to the Sheriff to when they come and physically move them out?

Delroy

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1251884927]How long does it take from once you've gone to the Sheriff to when they come and physically move them out?

Delroy</blockquote>

I was wondering the same thing because I was just looking at their "<a href="http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0817_3_day_notice_wm.pdf">3 Day Notice To Perform Or Evacuate Premises</a>". There is another thread here somewhere that mentions it being served, but to their underage daughter so they were trying to negate it.

Ah, it's a few posts above: <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/3648/P225/#124546">here</a>

The OCR article states:

"Though TMZ is reporting that ?Real Housewife? Lynne Curtin and family have received an eviction notice and were supposed to be out Aug. 27, there were no signs of moving at her Laguna Beach house by that day?s end.

We were unable to confirm the eviction because a clerk at the Orange County Superior Court informed us that the documents are sealed, but court documents confirm that Curtin and her husband were evicted from their Capistrano Beach home in late May (a home that has curtinhome3appeared on the show).

NUP_131807_1064According to court documents, Curtin and husband had a writ of possession, or five-day eviction notice, served to them from their landlord in late May for an unpaid amount of $13,480 in rent and damages in Dana Point. ?Writ of possession? is fancy for, ?if you don?t move out, we?ll send law enforcement tokick you out.?

Perhaps Curtin and family were expecting drive-bys from the media, because I received a slew of yelled profanities from daughter Raquel when I stopped by the house to take this photo.

... So... May... August... here we are in September... how long and how many notices later does it take before the sheriff comes? Edit: Ooohh... I see, this is not the same residence! They were <em>already</em> evicted from a former residence at Capistrano Beach. THEN they moved to this residence in Laguna and are being evicted from this. Ok now!

All this had better make the show next season...babhbaahbhab!!!

"Reality TV star Simon Barney, who stars along with wife Tamra in the Bravo show The Real Housewives of Orange County, is among the Southern California rich and famous being sued by the $627 million American First Credit Union to recover against delinquent exotic car loans.

Barney hasn?t made a payment on his 1989 Ferrari since May 1, and owes more than $24,000 plus interest according to documents filed June 10 in Orange County Superior Court.

<a href="http://www.cutimes.com/News/2009/8/Pages/AFCU-Takes-Real-Housewives-Star-to-Court.aspx">http://www.cutimes.com/News/2009/8/Pages/AFCU-Takes-Real-Housewives-Star-to-Court.aspx</a>

Its an older 360. He has had it for about 4 years now.

If you cant afford one of these cars outright and pay cash when you buy.

You got no business owning one.

It will get repossessed soon enough. Once you get past 120 days. I dont care how good you are.

The Repo Man will get it out of your garage while you are in the shower.

Its all about making a buck. And a repo like this is worth some cash.

+1 A guy on a board I'm on had the repo guys get into his garage while he was away, but they didn't get the car because he had removed the steering wheel. But they succeeded a little after that...while he was parked at a motel during a long-distance move--with the car on a trailer!

What happens when a car gets repo'd and the amount owed is less than the car's value? Does the owner get a check for the residual after the next sale?

[quote author="Daedalus" date=1251894077]+1 A guy on a board I'm on had the repo guys get into his garage while he was away, but they didn't get the car because he had removed the steering wheel. But they succeeded a little after that...while he was parked at a motel during a long-distance move--with the car on a trailer!

What happens when a car gets repo'd and the amount owed is less than the car's value? Does the owner get a check for the residual after the next sale?</blockquote>

You need your name on the title to have that discussion. Being the idiot late on making the payments gets you squat.

The only difference between a cheap repo guy and one who does expensive cars is the amount of felonys he's willing to commit in the process.

Sorry ladies, I've never seen a repo gurl.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1251892205]Its an older 360. He has had it for about 4 years now.

It will get repossessed soon enough. Once you get past 120 days. I dont care how good you are.

Its all about making a buck. And a repo like this is worth some cash.</blockquote>

Article says it was a 1989 Ferrari. They didn't make the 360 until 1999. Maybe the article is off by a decade. If its '89, you are talking a 348 or 328. (low end Ferrari line went 328->348->355->360) I'll give you credit though that you can tell a 360 from a 328 ;) Either way, my hats off to the Mercedes dealer who drives the Ferrari. ;) Honestly, I would have pegged Simon as more the Testarossa or 348 Spyder guy.

A lot of exotic owners don't buy their cars outright. I can name at least one former high end OC car dealership where they were doing a fair amount of leases. The exotic business has changed a ton since the internet bubble. Clients used to be athletes, musicians, and investment bankers. dotcom made young people rich... additionally it changed their driver profile... these guy wanted to (**gasp**) actually drive their exotics (exotic reliability has gone up dramatically since 1999... Porsche was actually was highest rated a few years back for initial quality/satisfcation... ahead of Lexus and all). Younger owners, means people willing to stretch themselves a bit more.

Anyways, I digress...

Let's say he bought a '99 360 4 years ago. '99 was the first year 360... not something overly desirable in a used exotic. Even though they keep the same model designation, they typically upgrade its specs every 2-4 years... the first year models are typically POS and have mechanical issues. First year production models are hot cars, so the allocation goes to loyal customers, guys who flip their cars every 2 years. If he bought it 5-6 years old, he's the 3rd owner. Buying in 2005, the 430 is already announced and/or out... so he's buying the "old model"... probably paid $150-$170k for it.

Point being... while you might see "Ferrari", on the pecking order, if he's buying a first year 360 in 2005... he's buying a less desirable used car... he's making this choice probably because he got a good deal (AKA price was important).

Doesn't surprise me he financed it.

Delroy

OC Housewife Lynne Curtin moved her family out today from their rented Laguna Beach home, after being served with an eviction notice last week. The OC Register is on the story, and the Bravo TV cameras were there filming as the Curtin family packed up their own moving van and got out.

<a href="http://southcoasthomes.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/02/real-housewife-evicted-from-laguna-beach-home-moves-out/">http://southcoasthomes.freedomblogging.com/2009/09/02/real-housewife-evicted-from-laguna-beach-home-moves-out/</a>

[quote author="C Delroy Spuckler" date=1251896332][quote author="bltserv" date=1251892205]Its an older 360. He has had it for about 4 years now.

Its all about making a buck. And a repo like this is worth some cash.</blockquote>

Article says it was a 1989 Ferrari. They didn't make the 360 until 1999. Maybe the article is off by a decade. If its '89, you are talking a 348 or 328. (low end Ferrari line went 328->348->355->360) I'll give you credit though that you can tell a 360 from a 328 ;) Either way, my hats off to the Mercedes dealer who drives the Ferrari. ;) Honestly, I would have pegged Simon as more the Testarossa or 348 Spyder guy.

A lot of exotic owners don't buy their cars outright. I can name at least one former high end OC car dealership where they were doing a fair amount of leases. The exotic business has changed a ton since the internet bubble. Clients used to be athletes, musicians, and investment bankers. dotcom made young people rich... additionally it changed their driver profile... these guy wanted to (**gasp**) actually drive their exotics (exotic reliability has gone up dramatically since 1999... Porsche was actually was highest rated a few years back for initial quality/satisfcation... ahead of Lexus and all). Younger owners, means people willing to stretch themselves a bit more.

Anyways, I digress...

Let's say he bought a '99 360 4 years ago. '99 was the first year 360... not something overly desirable in a used exotic. Even though they keep the same model designation, they typically upgrade its specs every 2-4 years... the first year models are typically POS and have mechanical issues. First year production models are hot cars, so the allocation goes to loyal customers, guys who flip their cars every 2 years. If he bought it 5-6 years old, he's the 3rd owner. Buying in 2005, the 430 is already announced and/or out... so he's buying the "old model"... probably paid $150-$170k for it.

Point being... while you might see "Ferrari", on the pecking order, if he's buying a first year 360 in 2005... he's buying a less desirable used car... he's making this choice probably because he got a good deal (AKA price was important).

Doesn't surprise me he financed it.

Delroy</blockquote>

Turns out Simon owns a 1989 Mondial. It was originally red then he had it pianted black. And from what my friend says. When they painted it black they did a really poor job.

He was driving a leased E-classs as well as a GL for the Mrs. and the kids

All those bills and little if any income coming in. No Bueno.

Adios Ferrari.

Back