Real Housewives getting "real"

Ta-daaa!!

http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2010/02/03/housewifes-short-sale-has-banks-approval/54675/

'Housewife's' short sale has bank's approval
February 3rd, 2010, 11:53 am - 48 Comments - posted by Jeff Collins

Pay no attention to that foreclosure auction on tomorrow's calendar.

That's the message from the real estate agent for Tamra Barney, one of cable TV's "Real Housewives of Orange County."

The Barneys' 5-bedroom, 5.5 bathroom Ladera home (click on photos at left) currently is scheduled to go on the auction block at noon Thursday at the Orange County Courthouse.

But Marcos Prolo of Berrington Properties, the Barneys' real estate agent, said that the "short sale" on the house announced in November is still in escrow.

In fact, he added, the bank has given the sale its approval and even lowered the sale price by $25,000.

"There isn't a (foreclosure) sale," Prolo said. "We already have bank approval."

Barney (By Jebb Harris)
Banks typically are pokey at getting postponed foreclosure auctions off the schedule, Prolo said. He expected that tomorrow's auction will get yanked from the schedule Thursday morning. Sean O'Toole, CEO of ForeclosureRadar, said that most sales get postponed these days.

Short sales require lender approval because the price being paid is less than the amount owed on the mortgage.

The Barney family bought the Ladera home in 2005 for $1.32 million, and as of December owed $1.39 million on the first loan, according to ForeclosureRadar. Apparently, there's a second loan for $72,500.

It had been listed as a "short sale" for just under $1.15 million.

Prolo couldn't reveal the sale price, other than to say that the buyers, who are renting in the area, offered more than the asking price.

After the bank reduced the sale price by $25,000, Prolo added, the home won't be selling over the $1.15 million asking price.

The escrow is scheduled to close on Feb. 26, Prolo said. The main stumbling block to closing the sale is arranging the buyers' financing.

[quote author="morekaos"]Ta-daaa!!

http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2010/02/03/housewifes-short-sale-has-banks-approval/54675/

'Housewife's' short sale has bank's approval
February 3rd, 2010, 11:53 am - 48 Comments - posted by Jeff Collins

Pay no attention to that foreclosure auction on tomorrow's calendar.

That's the message from the real estate agent for Tamra Barney, one of cable TV's "Real Housewives of Orange County."

The Barneys' 5-bedroom, 5.5 bathroom Ladera home (click on photos at left) currently is scheduled to go on the auction block at noon Thursday at the Orange County Courthouse.

But Marcos Prolo of Berrington Properties, the Barneys' real estate agent, said that the "short sale" on the house announced in November is still in escrow.

In fact, he added, the bank has given the sale its approval and even lowered the sale price by $25,000.

"There isn't a (foreclosure) sale," Prolo said. "We already have bank approval."

Barney (By Jebb Harris)
Banks typically are pokey at getting postponed foreclosure auctions off the schedule, Prolo said. He expected that tomorrow's auction will get yanked from the schedule Thursday morning. Sean O'Toole, CEO of ForeclosureRadar, said that most sales get postponed these days.

Short sales require lender approval because the price being paid is less than the amount owed on the mortgage.

The Barney family bought the Ladera home in 2005 for $1.32 million, and as of December owed $1.39 million on the first loan, according to ForeclosureRadar. Apparently, there's a second loan for $72,500.

It had been listed as a "short sale" for just under $1.15 million.

Prolo couldn't reveal the sale price, other than to say that the buyers, who are renting in the area, offered more than the asking price.

After the bank reduced the sale price by $25,000, Prolo added, the home won't be selling over the $1.15 million asking price.

The escrow is scheduled to close on Feb. 26, Prolo said. The main stumbling block to closing the sale is arranging the buyers' financing.
[/quote]
I laughed when I read the last sentence. haha Btw, the auction date got pushed back to 3/10 (BIG surprise there...NOT!).

I think Lynn went a bit too far with the plastic surgery.
I think she looked fine the way she was.
If you watch the show, she never blinks.
It's like her eyelids were pulled too tight so it doesn't allow for the involuntary blinking.

[quote author="morekaos"]Jeanna takes her last stand with a whopping $1.6 million dollar price reduction...any takers? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller....

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-Shire-92679/home/5054743[/quote]
If you think that's funny, check out the agent-to-agent comments:

"house is in loan modification, I believe auction date is going to be rescinded but I haven't seen proof yet. Showings must have proof of funds or approval letter from lender. If your looking to show to sell at auction price don't bother, in my opinion it isn't happening. Real buyers at market value only please"

Looks like you'll need proof of funds and/or a pre-approval loan letter to view the property.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="morekaos"]Jeanna takes her last stand with a whopping $1.6 million dollar price reduction...any takers? Bueller...Bueller...Bueller....

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-Shire-92679/home/5054743[/quote]

"house is in loan modification, I believe auction date is going to be rescinded but I haven't seen proof yet. Showings must have proof of funds or approval letter from lender. If your looking to show to sell at auction price don't bother, in my opinion it isn't happening. Real buyers at market value only please"

Looks like you'll need proof of funds and/or a pre-approval loan letter to view the property.[/quote]

Beggars can't be choosers

morekaos said:
[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-Shire-92679/home/5054743

Looks like you'll need proof of funds and/or a pre-approval loan letter to view the property.[/quote]

Beggars can't be choosers
[/quote]

Well Beggars can't be choosers...but they can sure try try again.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/coto-350840-home-housewife.html

Ex-'Housewife' selling Coto home for $3.5M

So, it?s listed! Keough notes the seven-bedroom, five-bathroom home ? once worth $6.2 million ?years ago? ? but she is asking $3.5 million: ?Quite a good value. Of course, selling in a down market works if you?re also buying in a down market.?

But she?s not a desperate seller: ?If it sells, it sells. If not, I will continue to live in paradise; the weather, the golf, the tennis, the stables. There are so many reasons to stay but after 25 years I would like to try the beach. I would consider leasing too. That way I get to see if I like it first!?

Check out Lauries house

http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Juan-Capistrano/25562-Paseo-De-La-Paz-92675/home/4963889

Sold on 11/12/2004 $2,850,000

25562 Paseo De La Paz San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675

But her next door neighbor got his bigger house on a bigger lot for a million less?nice developer George!!

http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Juan-Capistrano/25582-Paseo-De-La-Paz-92675/home/4963892

May 27, 2011 Sold (MLS) (Closed) $1,828,880-- CRMLS #L35433

Apr 08, 2011 Pending (Backup Offers Accepted)-- -- CRMLS #L35433

Mar 07, 2011 Price Changed $1,880,088 --CRMLS #L35433

Mar 05, 2011 Price Changed $1,888,888 --CRMLS #L35433

Mar 04, 2011 Listed (Active) $1,880,088-- CRMLS #L35433

Back