Ravello at OH Groves

I wonder what iPac will do if it REALLY stagnates. Are they going to just sit tight, hold the line, and just wait it out?

I can only think of one time they lowered the price, and that was pre-release of the original Ravello going from 1.8 to 1.7.

mythicquest said:
I wonder what iPac will do if it REALLY stagnates. Are they going to just sit tight, hold the line, and just wait it out?

I can only think of one time they lowered the price, and that was pre-release of the original Ravello going from 1.8 to 1.7.

yea will be interesting to see and im assuming they took over those Genoa lots. I'm guessing more ravello or something else?

If the market slows IP's extremely low cost of land will allow them to sit as long as they need to, or offer some builder incentives to move homes. They had a development in Newport Coast 2007 - 2008 and sat on the unsold properties for a lengthy period of time before prices came back.

TIC has deep pockets and long time lines. They sat on Orchard Hills development for years with no homes. The shopping center opened in June 2007. By 2012 all the major streets were complete, the land was graded, and the guard houses were in. Homes didn't start selling until 2014.

iacrenter said:
TIC has deep pockets and long time lines. They sat on Orchard Hills development for years with no homes. The shopping center opened in June 2007. By 2012 all the major streets were complete, the land was graded, and the guard houses were in. Homes didn't start selling until 2014.

iacrenter said:

Irvine Company is the poster child for patient money.

USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:

iacrenter said:

Irvine Company is the poster child for patient money.

Oh yeah..they don't care. They will sit on this land until 2030 if anything happens.

Does anyone know if the backyard setback of Ravello at Groves larger than the one in reserve? It seems the standard lot there is 4950, wonder if that extra sqft goes to sideway or backyard.

btcETH said:
Does anyone know if the backyard setback of Ravello at Groves larger than the one in reserve? It seems the standard lot there is 4950, wonder if that extra sqft goes to sideway or backyard.

I'm not sure about the setbacks at Reserve, but at Groves the side yards are average about 10 feet wide, and the rear ranges from approx 15-20 feet from the edge of the outdoor living it seems. Of note, the plan 3 backyard with the outdoor living has the smallest setback from the edge of the outdoor space to the back wall (~12 ft?).

Source: Looked at the original VTTM tract map and also briefly saw the updated tract map with the modified measurements. Originally this tract was supposed to have larger homes ranging from 3400-3600 sf, but IPAC modified the VTTM so they could just use the existing Ravello dimensions there.

mythicquest said:
btcETH said:

I'm not sure about the setbacks at Reserve, but at Groves the side yards are average about 10 feet wide, and the rear ranges from approx 15-20 feet from the edge of the outdoor living it seems. Of note, the plan 3 backyard with the outdoor living has the smallest setback from the edge of the outdoor space to the back wall (~12 ft?).

Source: Looked at the original VTTM tract map and also briefly saw the updated tract map with the modified measurements. Originally this tract was supposed to have larger homes ranging from 3400-3600 sf, but IPAC modified the VTTM so they could just use the existing Ravello dimensions there.

You are right. Checked with office. Back is 20/19/12.5 ft for Plan1/2/3. Side is 8.5-10 on one side.

btcETH said:
mythicquest said:
btcETH said:

You are right. Checked with office. Back is 20/19/12.5 ft for Plan1/2/3. Side is 8.5-10 on one side.

Did you see how much the setback would be for plan 3 without the outdoor california room?

btcETH said:
mythicquest said:
btcETH said:

When I spoke to the sales folks at the Ravello sales office at the Reserve they mentioned that the Grove lots will be smaller than the Reserve lots on average.

mythicquest said:
btcETH said:
mythicquest said:
btcETH said:

Did you see how much the setback would be for plan 3 without the outdoor california room?

~19

USCTrojanCPA said:
btcETH said:
mythicquest said:
btcETH said:

When I spoke to the sales folks at the Ravello sales office at the Reserve they mentioned that the Grove lots will be smaller than the Reserve lots on average.

Depending on whom you spoke to. I think some staff might focus on Reserve side, some on Groves side. The easiest thing is to go to Irvine online parcel search. I found a lot 4300-4600 lots on Reserve side,  but they surely have more larger lots at the corners. Groves side are more regular grids, so only two ends lots are larger.

Not sure if they allow us to take a few pictures on their builder plots or blueprints when visiting office.

Well at least these backyards shouldn't feel too cramped... with a ~20 x 50 ft backyard there should be space for a pool in many cases. Definitely larger than most of the Cetara backyards.

mythicquest said:
Well at least these backyards shouldn't feel too cramped... with a ~20 x 50 ft backyard there should be space for a pool in many cases. Definitely larger than most of the Cetara backyards.

Are we talking about Cetara plan 1 that has a nice 5ft setback?  ;)

Back