Quick trip to SF

Soylent Green Is People said:
Don't overlook the "Grifters" AKA "Late 40ish "Homeless Vietnam Vet out of work please hel" or the "Homeless Gypsy" mom's  who have a 3-5 yr old with them begging for small change. Odd that these kids never seem to grow up, just swapped out for another kid....

Given what I've seen in OC and SF, it's 40% mental illness, 40% druggies, 19% Grifters, and 1 percent genuine unintentionally inflicted hard times.

With a lot of bumper stickers

Next Great Park Neighborhood:

starbuck.jpg

Newport Center/Fashion Island has an encampment of about 15-20 or so vagrants at the bus terminal by Avocado and San Miguel Road.

I guess the only way one can afford beach living is to plop your shiat wherever you want to and wait for the City of Newport Beach to provide a solution to this new found "homeless crisis"...

Ready2Downsize said:
Liar Loan said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Wasn't SF the birthplace of hippies anyways?

or you can say @ a farm in NY

Yeah, it's from both NY and SF. But my point was that drug problem was already existing there since decades ago. What's so new that everyone seems so surprised?

Hippies used to be anti-establishment.  Now hippies are the establishment.

What happened to all the hippies? They grew up and became republicans.

Former liberals that were mugged by reality.

Typhoid Fever, Typhus & Tuberculosis: Are L.A.'s Medieval Diseases Coming To Your City?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckd...al-diseases-coming-to-your-city/#785892ee610d

In San Diego, ?America?s Finest City,? homelessness spreads disease (2017)
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12...cas-finest-city-homelessness-spreads-disease/

Do nothing?

momopi said:
I took a quick trip to SF to visit relatives.  It's been years since I visited north CA.  We stayed at Parc 55 by Market Street.  Nice hotel.

In short, the homeless situation is far worse than LA or New Orleans.  Previously I thought the freeway underpass in Sacramento was bad, this was worse.  Even in front of nice condo buildings you'd find a row of homeless people on the sidewalk.  Some screaming at each other, some on drugs, all kinds.

My relatives residing outside of the city told me they avoid coming into SF as much as possible.

Back