Presidential Elections

Loco_local said:
When he made his announcement to run for president, he said nothing about illegal Irish or Chinese being rapists, bringing crime and drugs.
Actually he did...  Don't cherry pick stuff and take it out of context.  Don't be a liar.

Loco_local said:
Stop spreading lies and hate
But the president loves people who spread lies and hate (like thst alt-right conspiracy theorist he retweeted).  Just like the president, I want to be loved.
I don't know how that is a relevant response. 

I assume that when you post here, you want people to see consider the things you say.  If you are known to be dishonest, do you think people will take you seriously?  Maybe those that agree with you will, but then you are just preaching to the choir.  If you want to be taken seriously, then don't derail things with lies and logical fallacies.

I voted for the guy.. just want him to shut his trap and focus what we wanted him to do.. improve the economy.  Leave this social stuff to... ugh.. Mike Pence.  LOL

"Trump dissolves 2 major business councils

The exodus began with Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier on Monday, who said, "As CEO of Merck and as a matter of personal conscience, I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism."

By that evening, two more executives joined Frazier in resigning, Keven Plank of Under Armour and Intel's Brian Krzanich.

After Trump's Tuesday news conference walking back his Monday condemnation of neo-Nazis and KKK members marching in Charlottesville, the executives again found themselves backed into a corner.

After that, the floodgates opened.

Jamie Dimon "strongly" disagreed with President Donald Trump's reaction to the deadly violence over the weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia, the JPMorgan CEO said in a note Wednesday.

Economic and regulatory policies are not enough, he wrote, adding: "It is a leader's role, in business or government, to bring people together, not tear them apart."

Sourcehttps://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/16/jj-...rump-dissolves-2-major-business-councils.html

My comment: I believe Jaime Dimon is spot on when he made that comment.

Loco_local said:
What's the Republicans excuse for not nominating a better candidate?

Which candidate was better?  I doubt any of the other 16 candidates could have beaten Hillary because Trump was uniquely able to draw in blue collar Democrats.

Loco_local said:
Better for the country not better because of hatred for Hillary

Mitt Romney was about as solid of a guy as you could ask for, and he was soundly destroyed.  The Republicans wanted a street brawler this time because they realized Democrats don't play fair.  Identity and class politics were always going to be the Republicans' undoing.  They decided to nominate a guy that doesn't play by the Dems' rules to level the playing field.

Liar Loan said:
Loco_local said:
Better for the country not better because of hatred for Hillary

Mitt Romney was about as solid of a guy as you could ask for, and he was soundly destroyed.  The Republicans wanted a street brawler this time because they realized Democrats don't play fair.  Identity and class politics were always going to be the Republicans' undoing.  They decided to nominate a guy that doesn't play by the Dems' rules to level the playing field.

Or was it because of his religion?

Liar Loan said:
I would echo MoreKaos and say I don't strongly care either, but from a purely historical perspective I don't like it.  Where do you draw the line?  The Civil War happened and these statues were erected by the sons and daughters of those that died.  Honoring the past doesn't mean you agree with the ideals of that time.

Should we tear down the Spanish missions in California since slave labor was used to construct them?  Are they not reminders of colonialism, genocide, and slavery?  What about all the statues and streets named after Spanish padres?  Should we tear them down and rename everything?  Of course not, because we recognize that it's history and it's better to acknowledge history (good or bad) than to pretend it never happened.  Like it or not, it's part of our heritage.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

George Orwell, 1984

morekaos said:
Liar Loan said:
I would echo MoreKaos and say I don't strongly care either, but from a purely historical perspective I don't like it.  Where do you draw the line?  The Civil War happened and these statues were erected by the sons and daughters of those that died.  Honoring the past doesn't mean you agree with the ideals of that time.

Should we tear down the Spanish missions in California since slave labor was used to construct them?  Are they not reminders of colonialism, genocide, and slavery?  What about all the statues and streets named after Spanish padres?  Should we tear them down and rename everything?  Of course not, because we recognize that it's history and it's better to acknowledge history (good or bad) than to pretend it never happened.  Like it or not, it's part of our heritage.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

George Orwell, 1984

Did you know Chairman Mao was one of the key Allied leaders who had a seat at the table along with Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin in deciding the Allied strategy for the prosecution of the war against the Germans and the Japanese in WWII?  It's true because the Communist Party says so.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-placing-mao-zedong-at-key-wartime-conference

"The CEO of 21st Century Fox has denounced racism and terrorists while expressing concern over President Donald Trump's reaction to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
James Murdoch also told friends in a personal email that he and his wife, Kathryn, will donate $1 million to the Anti-Defamation League.

Murdoch writes that the events in Charlottesville and Trump's response "concern all of us." He added: "I can't even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists."
Murdoch is the son of the company's co-executive chairman, Rupert Murdoch, a Trump confidant. The company is parent company of Fox News Channel, which has given friendly coverage to the president."

Source:http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lams-trump-s-charlottesville-response-n793776

My comment: Even the CEO of 21 Century Fox which is the parent company of Fox News, is conecerned about the violence in Charlottesville and Trump's response.

US military service chiefs condemn racism, stand up for military values after Charlottesville

The heads of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps have weighed in on Twitter in the wake of last weekend's violent clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia, condemning racism and standing up for military values.
It is rare for the nation's top military leaders to weigh in on political events because of the Department of Defense's tradition of remaining apolitical.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/us-milita...ry-values-164504707--abc-news-topstories.html

My comment: So even the Top leadership of the military condemns racism.

Pablum, for the simple minded that they feel the need to explain the obvious. This is giving into the (small, vocal) mob.  The basic tenant of free speech, (no matter whether you like it or not) is under attack so everyone is looking for inoculation by stating the obvious.

Tensions grow inside ACLU over defending free-speech rights for the far right

It was 1934 and fascism was on the march not only in Europe but in America. People who admired Adolf Hitler, who had taken power in Germany, formed Nazi organizations in the United States.

The American Civil Liberties Union, represented by lawyers who were Jewish, faced an existential question: Should the freedoms it stood for since its founding in 1920 apply even to racist groups that would like nothing more than to strip them away?

Ultimately, after much internal dissent, the ACLU decided: Yes, the principles were what mattered most. The ACLU would stand up for the free-speech rights of Nazis.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-aclu-tensions-20170817-story.html

I can't stop laughing. Sorry, going to a rally with shields and clubs wearing the nazi and other logos. That is not meant for a peaceful rally.

morekaos said:
Pablum, for the simple minded that they feel the need to explain the obvious. This is giving into the (small, vocal) mob.  The basic tenant of free speech, (no matter whether you like it or not) is under attack so everyone is looking for inoculation by stating the obvious.

Tensions grow inside ACLU over defending free-speech rights for the far right

It was 1934 and fascism was on the march not only in Europe but in America. People who admired Adolf Hitler, who had taken power in Germany, formed Nazi organizations in the United States.

The American Civil Liberties Union, represented by lawyers who were Jewish, faced an existential question: Should the freedoms it stood for since its founding in 1920 apply even to racist groups that would like nothing more than to strip them away?

Ultimately, after much internal dissent, the ACLU decided: Yes, the principles were what mattered most. The ACLU would stand up for the free-speech rights of Nazis.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-aclu-tensions-20170817-story.html

Antifa was armed also...

In Charlottesville, some in the left came armed, too

Say what you will about President Trump?s initial reactions to the violence in Charlottesville, Va., and whether he was sufficiently harsh in his assessment of the neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen, and other members of the ?alt-right? there, some of the counterdemonstrators also appeared to be looking for a fight, and some were heavily armed.

But television coverage showed images of others, some clad in the antifascist uniform of black, wearing helmets and wielding clubs and sticks. The confrontations followed a pattern: Small groups of marchers faced off and engaged in shouting matches. Suddenly, punches were flying, others joined, and a melee ensued.

One group on the left that bills itself as the Redneck Revolt came armed with semiautomatic rifles and reported on its website that 20 of its members had formed an armed security perimeter around Justice Park, where the counterdemonstrators had formed a staging area.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/charlottesville-leftists-armed-trump-antifa-20170816.html

This is the stuff that gets no coverage because it does not fit the narrative.  The left uses its clubs to beat you with love.

Back