Presidential Elections

Loco_local said:
Whether it's illegal or not, don't you think Trump's coziness with Russia is strange?

For me.. it's like.. what's the big deal?  Maybe he wants them to be good allies to the US.. There probably is some benefit business wise? 

Liar Loan said:
morekaos said:
Whats the difference?

NY Times = Failing

CNN = (Very) Fake News

?If all printers were determined not to print anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed.?

From the man on the $100 Bill

Yummy...that was a delicious nothing burger.  Satisfying to some but unfulfilling to many.  Turns out eating air only makes you burp.....

Don Jr.'s Russia meeting wasn't collusion ? just amateur hour
BY JONATHAN TURLEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 07/11/17 12:30 PM EDT

Washington began its week again with its collective Rorschach test: another Russian-related meeting that was immediately declared to be the ?smoking gun? of criminal collusion or even ?treason.? In the 1960s when Swiss psychologist Hermann Rorschach created his projective test, he found that people could reveal their motivations and perceptions in describing what they saw in amorphous inkblots.

While the participants have said that the meeting lasted only about 20 minutes and that the lawyer offered nothing in terms of such evidence ? and instead pivoted to a discussion of rescinding a ban on Russian adoptions ? the media went into a frenzy as experts spotted images of crimes from treason to defrauding the United States to campaign finance violations.

In the continuing Russia Rorschach test, it turns out that every amorphous blob looks like a crime to media and many legal experts.

One obvious explanation is that Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort fell for a classic bait-and-switch. Veselnitskaya was representing people seeking to lift the adoption ban, and it was certainly amateur hour in Trump Tower. If this is the best the Russians can do as their big play, we have little to worry about.

They question is whether the Trump team is a bunch of click-bait chumps or criminals. In other words, does any of this constitute a clear crime or even a vague inkblot image of a crime?

No, at least not on these facts.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/341461-opinion-don-jrs-russia-meeting-wasnt-collusion-just

morekaos said:
Too funny

The New York Times had already reviewed copies of the emails and asked Trump Jr. to comment when he decided to tweet out pictures of the email exchange.
Trump Jr.'s tweets came out, seemingly out of nowhere, at 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday.
By then, the Times was already on the verge of publishing. The newsroom already had a full story ready to go, so it hit publish a few minutes later. A news alert sent by the paper came out at 11:10 a.m.
Staffers at the Times confirmed that they believe Trump Jr.'s release was triggered by their reporting.
"@DonaldJTrumpJr posted these emails after being informed that The New York Times was doing a story on them," deputy managing editor Clifford Levy tweeted.
A newsroom source declined to say when exactly the story came together.
But "we were preparing to publish" when Trump Jr. tweeted, the source said. "Don Jr. asked for more time when we contacted him" for comment, "and then pre-empted us."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/11/media/new-york-times-donald-trump-jr-emails/index.html
nyt-trump-jr-1.jpg
nyt-trump-jr-2.jpg

Liar Loan said:
morekaos said:
Too funny

The New York Times had already reviewed copies of the emails and asked Trump Jr. to comment when he decided to tweet out pictures of the email exchange.
Trump Jr.'s tweets came out, seemingly out of nowhere, at 11 a.m. ET on Tuesday.
By then, the Times was already on the verge of publishing. The newsroom already had a full story ready to go, so it hit publish a few minutes later. A news alert sent by the paper came out at 11:10 a.m.
Staffers at the Times confirmed that they believe Trump Jr.'s release was triggered by their reporting.
"@DonaldJTrumpJr posted these emails after being informed that The New York Times was doing a story on them," deputy managing editor Clifford Levy tweeted.
A newsroom source declined to say when exactly the story came together.
But "we were preparing to publish" when Trump Jr. tweeted, the source said. "Don Jr. asked for more time when we contacted him" for comment, "and then pre-empted us."

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/11/media/new-york-times-donald-trump-jr-emails/index.html
nyt-trump-jr-1.jpg
nyt-trump-jr-2.jpg

why is he so butt hurt

What's the link between the lawyer and the Russian Government?

I haven't read much of the story and to me just the headlines read very smeary with scanning of the article not making any real connection between the lawyer, other than she's Russian, and it being directed by the top RussiAn government officials.

Is she an alleged operative? Or is it simply, she'sRussian?

nosuchreality said:
What's the link between the lawyer and the Russian Government?

I haven't read much of the story and to me just the headlines read very smeary with scanning of the article not making any real connection between the lawyer, other than she's Russian, and it being directed by the top RussiAn government officials.

Is she an alleged operative? Or is it simply, she'sRussian?

She is some how related to the miss universe pagent, an oligarch and his popstar son and a sanctioned money laundering bank.

Things that make you go hmmm....

The Moscow lawyer had been turned down for a visa to enter the U.S. lawfully but then was granted special immigration parole by then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch for the limited purpose of helping a company owned by Russian businessman Denis Katsyv, her client, defend itself against a Justice Department asset forfeiture case in federal court in New York City.

During a court hearing in early January 2016 as Veselnitskaya?s permission to stay in the country was about to expire, federal prosecutors described how rare the grant of parole immigration was as Veselnitskaya pleaded for more time to remain in the United States.

?In October the government bypassed ?the normal visa process and gave a type of extraordinary ?permission to enter the country called immigration parole,? Assistant U.S. Attorney Paul Monteleoni explained to the judge during a hearing Jan. 6, 2016.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump

Whoever was working for the Obama administration must have been brilliant to have known in 2015 to let this woman back in the country so she could trick the future-president's (not Hilary) dumb-dumb son into almost committing a treasonous act.

Either way why did dumb-dumb Loretta Lynch take the extraordinary step of letting her in in the first place?  Things that make you go hmmm.

morekaos said:
Either way why did dumb-dumb Loretta Lynch take the extraordinary step of letting her in in the first place?  Things that make you go hmmm.

LOL. Of course it had to be Obama's fault. Do you know why she was in the country? To defend a Russian company from charges of money laundering. And do you know how those charges came up? From a whistleblower that was murdered in Russia (does the Magnitsky Act ring a bell?). And do you happen to know how was pressing charges? The US Attorney that was abruptly fired by Trump (Preet Bhahara).

Things that make you go hmmmm indeed ...

I still don't get what is wrong with Trump jr meeting this lawyer. Well not wrong but anything to get in deep trouble for.

jmoney74 said:
I still don't get what is wrong with Trump jr meeting this lawyer. Well not wrong but anything to get in deep trouble for.

When a foreign hostile government offers to provide intel on the opposing candidate in a federal election, the correct answer is not "I love it" and arranging to meet. Opposition research can be deemed of financial value and thus can be claimed as a campaign contribution (now by a foreign government since she is acting in the role of a "Russian government attorney"). Accepting a campaign contribution from a foreign government is illegal.

peppy said:
jmoney74 said:

When a foreign hostile government offers to provide intel on the opposing candidate in a federal election, the correct answer is not "I love it" and arranging to meet. Opposition research can be deemed of financial value and thus can be claimed as a campaign contribution (now by a foreign government since she is acting in the role of a "Russian government attorney"). Accepting a campaign contribution from a foreign government is illegal.

Did she identify herself as apart of the Russian government.. when you say "deemed".. is that law?  Sounds loosey goosey. 

peppy said:
jmoney74 said:

the big Ifs are

if the information is from foreign government operations
if she is actually a government operative
if she actually provides information
if the campaign then doesn't turn it over or file appropriate forms
if...

Or just a sleazy business deal angling, that provided nothing and hence there is nothing to turn over.

Does a campaign need to file a report or every crackpot making claims and offering info?

Seriously, I think it would be great if Trump got impeached and removed from office for doing something based on the nepotism, amateurism, animosity and sundry other *ssinine things I've seen from as an assault on  our community for crony capitalism but frankly, this isn't it.

This is IMO, more wishful thinking starting with the presumption of Trump committed treason when he called for Russia to find Clinton's missing emails or there after and seems to be working backwards to force fit the connections.  I've seen it regularly on Bill Maher and the other shows where the guest is wiping the T about. 

Dirty, sleasy, shady, corrupt, yep, pretty much expected for anyone doing business in Russia or other like countries, IMO.

Sberbank, I hope it stays with us a while, I'm confident those rat holes run a long way into both of the two major parties.

Back