President Trump

fortune11 said:
Movingup said:
fortune11 said:
I never liked obama's executive orders but atleast he didnt go out of his way to demonize the political and legal process.  In fact, Obamacare challenge did go all the way to the supreme court where justice Roberts ( a coservative, mind you) decided in favor of ACA.  Obama held his office to the highest standards throughout the process.

I am very interested to see examples how President Trump going out of his way using executive orders to demonize the political, legal process. Please, let us know.

Obama held his office to the highest standards, here are a few glowing examples under his watch:
Traded Traitor Bergdahl for 5 Taliban terrorists + a Rose Garden ceremony
Obama said "not a smidgen of corruption" in the IRS targeting conservatives
Lois Lerner pleading the 5th for how many times?
Susan Rice talking points about Benghazi attack was a spontaneous act of violence
He paid $1.7 billion ransom to Iran for testing ballistic missiles
Veterans died while on waiting list to see doctors and the VA cover the medical records
Democrats have lost 900+ state legislature seats, 12 governors, 69 House seats, 13 Senate seats

I don't have time to further expand his resume.

Wow , you do have your Hannity down - great list of Fox News talking points.

But ... but .. email server ... but .... but Clinton foundation ... but .... Benghazi ... seems like a distant memory now doesn't it ? When this nitwit in the Oval Office kills 30 civilians and one US servicemember with nothing to show for it. 

Wouldn't you trade the email server now for Mike Flynn selling state secrets to the Russian goon. 

Wouldn't you trade Obama's supposed sin when he blamed Cambridge police for profiling a Harvard professor for the constant deluge of insults flowing out of Trump's mouth. 

Keep convincing yourself that there is an equivalence , just so you can feel less guilty .  But it is obvious to anyone that the scandals and b/s happening now are way beyond anything that has gone in this country in our living lifetimes.  This cannot be normalized.

Before I go on, I am waiting for you to give me just 1 example you said Trump is using executive order to demonize the legal process. I know you have quite a few, but all I need is just one executive order. Which one?

You are a prime example of the extreme left. What I said are facts, again, FACTS. No talking points, it's Obama's legacy. I am not looking for the President to be my pastor. Simply, putting America first and create an environment that people can be safe and productive. His SC pick is the best news so far and I am in support of all of his conservative cabinet selections. 

You know the details on Flynn selling secrets to Russian? Why don't you report what you know to George Soros? It's better than winning lotto.

Too bad, I can't feel sorry for you because when you guys keep whining and screaming, more Democrats are going to disappear in 2018.

" Too bad, I can't feel sorry for you because when you guys keep whining and screaming, more Democrats are going to disappear in 2018. "

In your outburst you helped prove one of the points I made earlier - that for many trump supporters it is all about getting vengeance, country be damned.  God, it must really be a chore living everyday in a state where 2 out of 3 voters think low of your cult leader (that number is even higher in the coastal areas) ? You assume everyone making a point against Trump is a democrat and that is the hubris (" Hey we won, so we are right" ) that will take your cult down just as it did with the democrats in midterm elections. 

And in your rush to pass judgement you probably did not read my sentence correctly - I said Trump was demonizing the. legal process (his rants against judges and intimidation campaign) .  I did NOT say he was using executive orders to do so.

Notice I said Trump supporters and not Trump voters - as the former are part of a cult now.  Even half of Nixon voters stuck with him through the very end.  No one is trying to change any Trump supporters mind, it is futile.  But many Trump voters have buyers remorse and that is the KEY. 

I don't have a pastor (I am not even religious) but allow me to sermonize for your benefit :)

1. Fox News and Breitbart are not real news  outlets , they are anger machines to raise your blood pressure  -- read WSJ , NYT , Washington post to diversify away from your Facebook bubble . The Mike Flynn story is on CNN , Post , NYT. Just because you disagree w something doesn't mean it is fake news. 

2.  Read intellectually honest conservatives like George Will , Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard. I may not agree with them all the time, but they have the nation's best interests at heart. 

3. Whenever you get bothered by immigrants , people with accents , think of this -- which states and regions in the country have the best outlook and growth ?  Yes , those with more immigrants. Which areas are decaying ? Those that close their doors to new ideas and people. 

fortune11 said:
2.  Read intellectually honest conservatives like George Will , Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard. I may not agree with them all the time, but they have the nation's best interests at heart. 
"intellectually honest"? "best interests of the nation at heart"? These neocons played a big role in tricking the American people into the Iraq War.  Please explain how the Iraq War was in the best interests of the nation?

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:
"intellectually honest"? "best interests of the nation at heart"? These neocons played a big role in tricking the American people into the Iraq War.  Please explain how the Iraq War was in the best interests of the nation?

It was not, and Trump supported it. And he's well on his way to getting us into more conflicts.

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:

Wow you give them too much credit  !  Can you tell me what was the stance of Trump lackeys  O'Reilly , Hannity and Tucker Carlson back then as to the Iraq war  ...  What was your own stance , if you even remember it  ?  Hindsight is always perfect aint it  ?

you see what I am doing here -- creating false equivalence  just as Trump cult members do everytime they bring up .... but but but Hillary  ... but but but Obama

I also said , and you conveniently ignore  -- I may NOT agree with them all the time. Even if they make mistakes , they acknowledge and learn from it , as opposed to Trump and his cult that have blinders on for the most  part.

The dangers of normalizing trump
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...ing-to-keep-outrage-alive-in-the-age-of-trump

"I?m also concerned that those of us whose job it is to point this out won?t be up to that job. I?m already tired of writing the ?Trump had done something outrageous? column, because how many times can I point out that the man keeps acting in a distressingly unpresidential manner? And even if I write it, how long are readers going to be willing to read the same thing, over and over, with only the details changed for variety?

That?s what liberals worry about when they talk about ?normalizing Trump?: that the sheer repetitiveness of his offenses against liberal democracy will make them ordinary and banal, that we will lose our ability to understand that each new outrage is, in fact, outrageous, and must be treated as such if we are to retain the precious legacy bequeathed to us by our Founding Fathers, and two centuries of successors who painstakingly built the liberty we now enjoy. When his supporters dismiss criticisms as hysteria, saying ?It?s not that bad,? in some sense, they?re right: So far, he has not openly defied the courts, a la Andrew Jackson, nor explicitly threatened people who threaten his business interests. The problem is that the way you get to ?that bad? is often through a long succession of ?At least he hasn?t ?? until finally, he does, and you find that the permission granted for earlier transgressions has created a blanket hall pass for gross abuses of power.

No, liberals are right to worry, and in fact, I don?t think they worry enough. Because the biggest risk is that even if we keep shouting ?This is not normal!?, voters who have heard that a thousand times before will eventually yawn and say ?No, actually it is.?

fortune11 said:
The dangers of normalizing trump
https://www.bloomberg.com/view/arti...ing-to-keep-outrage-alive-in-the-age-of-trump

"I?m also concerned that those of us whose job it is to point this out won?t be up to that job. I?m already tired of writing the ?Trump had done something outrageous? column, because how many times can I point out that the man keeps acting in a distressingly unpresidential manner? And even if I write it, how long are readers going to be willing to read the same thing, over and over, with only the details changed for variety?

That?s what liberals worry about when they talk about ?normalizing Trump?: that the sheer repetitiveness of his offenses against liberal democracy will make them ordinary and banal, that we will lose our ability to understand that each new outrage is, in fact, outrageous, and must be treated as such if we are to retain the precious legacy bequeathed to us by our Founding Fathers, and two centuries of successors who painstakingly built the liberty we now enjoy. When his supporters dismiss criticisms as hysteria, saying ?It?s not that bad,? in some sense, they?re right: So far, he has not openly defied the courts, a la Andrew Jackson, nor explicitly threatened people who threaten his business interests. The problem is that the way you get to ?that bad? is often through a long succession of ?At least he hasn?t ?? until finally, he does, and you find that the permission granted for earlier transgressions has created a blanket hall pass for gross abuses of power.

No, liberals are right to worry, and in fact, I don?t think they worry enough. Because the biggest risk is that even if we keep shouting ?This is not normal!?, voters who have heard that a thousand times before will eventually yawn and say ?No, actually it is.?

Good stuff. Real danger. I think the SNL writers/actors are concerned about this too. There's real concern that having so many skits illustrating Trump's behavior normalized it for many voters during the campaign, and is doing the same now.

Trump and every Republican campaigned endlessly telling us Obamacare was a travesty, a disaster, bigly [sic], and that they were going to repeal and replace it immediately. Surely they had a plan, no? Surely Trump has a plan, no? If it's so awful, just repeal the whole thing and let's return to pre-ACA days when everything was great.

Or maybe it's just a bit more complicated than that, eh?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancol...-tax-reform-quickly-going-south/#7fbc89fc7ec7
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-dilemma-health-law-taxes-132450869.html

Health care is the new third rail.

They've promised to keep the pre-existing conditions protection, keep the your 'kids' can stay on your plan until they're 26 option.  People also like the 'they don't find out their plan doesn't cover a bunch of stuff' parts too.  And those pesky lifetime, & yearly caps.

People are unhappy.  Their plans cost too much.

The people think it's because of all the unnecessary stuff, like birth control and wellness checks.  Or it's because they no longer have a high deductible plan. 

Or they just think it's because of all those other unhealthy people that it's their own fault.

And of course, some people are absolutely p----- off they are 'forced' to buy health care.

So here's the GOP's option.  Replace ACA, aka Obamacare, with Trumpcare.  Trumpcare will look a lot like ACA except you'll have a high deductible option.  They'll also remove the accounting so that the plans are not Silver/Gold/Platinum anymore representing 70%/80%/90% cost sharing.  Those will be gone and buyer will be able to wade through 102 plans from any given provider.  Of course, their individual co-payment will be clearly marked on the summary sheet in big bold font* with a tiny little asterisk ( you saw it right?)  Which explains the exclusions for the co-pay to a different co-pay for specified treatment.

The second part is to remove support for all those pesky sick people.  So that 'the peoples' taxes aren't being used to support those 'other' sick people that is their own fault.

Now once that's done, people will be happy, well until the bills show up.  Because then they'll figure out that nice affordable plan has them shelling out lots of money anytime they need to see a doctor.  So as long as they don't see a doctor they're happy and they quickly learn to not go see the doctor because when they do, they get big bills.

And things are wonderful. 

Then the ambulance takes them to the ER and they cut their foot off because their pre-diabetes hasn't been treated or managed in five years.

We should start calling ObamaCare "TrumpCare" now, because every day that passes without the promised "Day One!" repeal, Trump and his Republican apologists tacitly own healthcare delivery as it exists today.

Gotta love Utah

A Utah Congressman Faces the 'Resistance' in His Home State
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/inside-the-utah-resistance/516303/

The raucous crowd of Utahans that booed Representative Jason Chaffetz off the stage Thursday night were, in many ways, a motley lot. Some were progressive organizers rallying against President Trump?s agenda; others were hunters and hippies who had come to sound off on the hot-button public lands debate; and a not-inconsiderable portion of the audience was made up of mild-mannered Mormons for whom protest culture was about as familiar as beer pong.

But when it came time to chant, they all spoke in one voice: ?Do your job! Do your job! Do your job!?

Several of the constituents who swarmed Chaffetz?s town hall Thursday night told me the backlash was not just about policy?it was also fueled by anger that the congressman was shirking his duty as chairman of the House Oversight Committee by refusing to investigate Trump. In their view, his was not just a failure of government, but of character.

?This wasn?t about Chaffetz being a Republican ? This was about Chaffetz straining at gnats for Hillary and Obama, and swallowing camels when it comes to Trump,? said Jeff Swift, a Mormon Democrat from South Jordan who helped organize opponents? turnout at the town hall.
She told me Chaffetz?s behavior has been especially galvanizing to Trump?s opponents. ?I think plenty of Utahans were fine with him investigating Hillary, but to see Chaffetz not going after what appear to be serious violations in the executive branch means it was partisanship and not moral imperative that drove him. And that?s unacceptable to Utahans.?

?My read of the situation is that people here would have left Chaffetz largely alone if he hadn?t been so transparently bowing to Trump,? said Steve Evans, a Salt Lake City attorney and editor of By Common Consent, a popular liberal Mormon blog. ?Before the election, Chaffetz had been vociferous about the morality of pursuing Clinton, so it?s viewed as hypocrisy that he now will do nothing with respect to Trump.?

No 2 am tweet from Trump calling for a special investigator regarding the resignation of a national security adviser due to Russian ties? Lock him up?

Can't wait until SNL lampoons that handshake thing.

I'm going to start doing that... Obama made the fist bump his, I'll make the Trump pull mine.

irvinehomeowner said:
Can't wait until SNL lampoons that handshake thing.

I'm going to start doing that... Obama made the fist bump his, I'll make the Trump pull mine.

And make sure your hands are germy.
C4lONw5UYAAXblQ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4lONw5UYAAXblQ.jpg

Attachments

• handshake.jpg
    handshake.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 149
Back