President Trump

Editing required:

BE AFRAID! VERY AFRAID! BIGLY AFRAID! BELIEVE ME! DANGEROUS SCARY PEOPLE ARE COMING FOR YOU, AND ONLY I CAN SAVE YOU FROM THE CARNAGE THAT AWAITS! BELIEVE ME! TERRIBLE.

Loco_local said:
So Let's spend billions on an ineffective wall so I can showcase my superior construction skills.

You don't know that. I disagree on this one...this guy has consistently been underestimated by everyone about everything since the beginning.  I am willing to give him this one, and I will bet not only does it get built, but it comes in under budget and ahead of schedule.  I also predict it will be far more effective than anyone thought.

eyephone said:
Tell that to the family of the victims of the San Bernadino shooting.

Loco_local said:

Will do, and I'll also share that nothing King Troll has proposed would change anything regarding that incident.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:

Loco_local said:

Will do, and I'll also share that nothing King Troll has proposed would change anything regarding that incident.

Seems like you don't care about the victims. Sympathizer? I don't know

Let me ask you this.

Do you believe in the pledge of allegiance to the United States of America?

If you go to a sporting event, would you stand up when they play the national anthem?

eyephone said:
Perspective said:
eyephone said:

Loco_local said:

Seems like you don't care about the victims. Sympathizer? I don't know

Nice! Casting aspersions. Good job! Very McCarthy-esque, which is completely consistent with King Troll's administration.

Let's not lose sight of statistics, please. I know partisans and talking heads on TV and radio exist to inflame emotions, but we don't have to here. Your probability of being attacked by a Muslim terrorist on US soil, is extremely low - lower in fact, than being attacked by a white supremacist, but we won't worry about them...

eyephone said:
Let me ask you this.

If you go to a sporting event, would you stand up when they play the national anthem?

These are Fox News type questions. You're better than this Eyephone.

eyephone said:
1. The current media (broadly speaking) doesn't mention what Obama did in the past is similiar. (For example when I watch the news or read an article they don't even mention it)
2. You mentioned why does it matter if Obama did? It does matter because it shows presidence that the previous President did a similar type of action.
3. You indicated it is not the same but it is similar.

Your statement below says it all: " So, are the policies similar as Trump claimed? In the most superficial of ways, yes. They both limit immigration into the United States on a temporary basis."
The president is briefed to information that the public is not aware about. Things are changing constantly, a lot has happened in the US and over seas since 2011. Also, maybe those countries that are part of the ban should do more to fight terrorism instead of being a safe haven.

I'm not sure if you watch the news and follow what is happening across Europe. (France to Germany)

1. The media I consume has mentioned it. Maybe you need to change the media you consume.
2. Oh, so Trump supporters now care about presidents? Could you all please get Trump to care about the president of Presidents disclosing their financial information and divesting themselves to prevent conflicts of interest?
3. Yes, it is similar in a superficial way. Would you agree that the differences matter? If the differences do not matter, then there was no reason to do anything. Why did Trump need to change anything? I have nothing against our immigration policies evolving. However, I am against them changing for no good reason. I have yet to be presented with a good reason for this change.

When you say "The president is briefed to information that the public is not aware about" I think you mean "This President ignores briefings on information that the public is not aware about." :)

Yes, these 7 countries should do more. And if you are someone who is trying to flee one of those countries so that you and your children can have a better life, you probably agree with that. I don't know why that matters.

Things have changed since 2011. Yet the list of countries comes from 2011. Weird.

I will be more clear about what I think.

I think Trump's EO was done as a way for him to show supporters that he is starting his Muslim ban. We do not need a Muslim ban. Our current vetting procedures are sufficient. We will never stop all attacks. The attacks that Trump cites as for why we need his EO would not be prevented by the EO. The Bowling Green terrorists are the reason that the immigration policies were re-worked in 2011. I think Trump's EO is not a Muslim ban, but it is overly broad and ineffective. For example, he did not need to prevent entry by people who already had visas. We already take into account when people travel to these countries. What more needs to be done and why?

Trump stokes people's fears so that he can tell them he will be the savior.

He says that they couldn't announce the EO beforehand because then the terrorists would have rushed in. That isn't how the process works. Does he not understand even the basics of how the process works? If that is the case, then he shouldn't make changes until he learns this. If he does understand how it works, then he is purposefully lying.

He says that with the EO being stayed that now people will be pouring over the border. Again, that isn't how the process works. So again, does he not understand the basics or is he lying? Either option should frighten you. Why does it not? Seriously. Please answer this question.

It makes me uneasy that no countries on the ban list are ones that Trump does business with. It may not be a thing. But as long as Trump has such conflicts of interest, we will never know.

I don't really understand the legal challenge that is going on about this. I don't like the EO, but I don't get how it is breaking a law.

Here are the questions that I still have not had anyone answer:
1. What more needs to be done to vet immigrants and refugees?
2. How do you feel about the people that had visas and then had their lives thrown into chaos by the ban?
3. Why do you think so many tech companies filed an amicus brief with the suit to stop the ban taking place?
4. Why are you not frightened that Trump either doesn't understand the basics of how our immigration process works or is completely lying about it?

morekaos said:
tim said:
morekaos said:
True, they started it then abandoned it. This is starting it up again due to a more friendly regulatory and tax environment that this president will deliver.

" Krzanich confirmed to CNBC that the investment over the next three to four years would be to complete a previous plant, Fab 42, that was started and then left vacant."

"There will be no incentives from the federal government for the Intel project, the White House said."

Win, win!!!

In 2014, Intel announced it would postpone the facility's opening amid decreased global demand for its products. As Intel invests in Arizona, it?s also likely to retire older facilities in other areas ? including perhaps an aging factory in Rio Rancho, N.M., said Jim McGregor, an analyst at Tirias Research in Phoenix.

Intel joined more than 100 companies to file a legal brief opposing Trump?s Jan. 27 executive order, which barred entrants to the United States from seven majority-Muslim countries.

It's certainly better than what we got from the Obama job creation "investments".... no jobs and a half a billion dollar losss to the taxpayer...ii like Trumps plan better

Why is it so common for Trump supporters to keep bringing up Obama?

I was just making the point (perhaps poorly) that this is just another case of a company doing what it was going to do anyway, but trying to curry favor with the President while they are at it. He is so easy to manipulate. They might as well flatter him. They can either get a backroom deal now or set themselves up for something later. That is business.

Perspective said:
eyephone said:
Let me ask you this.

These are Fox News type questions. You're better than this Eyephone.

?? Seriously, I don't have a problem with atheists. But, please, respect the history of our country, assuming you are an American.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem is conservatives don't respect, nor wish to protect, the Constitution, and they have forgotten Korematsu v. United States, 323 U.S. 214?

Perspective said:
Maybe, just maybe, the problem is conservatives don't respect, nor wish to protect, the Constitution, and they have forgotten Korematsu v. United States, 323 U.S. 214?

LOL. I realize you don't like to answer simple questions.

Simple yes or no answer.

Do you stand up and respect the national anthem?

Just because they have a visa doesn't mean they aren't a criminal and are here intending to commit a crime. Irvine Realtor and I know of someone who fits that bill to a T and the guy had a visa and I will bet he overstays it and causes someone here some serious financial pain but till he does he's here legally.

I'll tell you why. It all stems from the level of hysteria and panic that the liberal side attaches to anything Trump does.  The points we are trying to makes are that much of what Obama did was equivalent if not worse and our side did not act as if an asteroid was about to impact earth.  This hyperbolic reaction should be viewed on a relative basis. I get it, you don't like guy or his policies, I hated everything Obama did but I really didn't lose any sleep over it.

Going for an emotional response

So why does Trump care so much about the minuscule risk of foreign terrorism? Here?s a guess: Because it?s hard to get voters riled up about Americans harming Americans. It?s a lot easier to trigger an emotional response about foreigners harming Americans?even if that harm is largely theoretical. Creating villains people can blame their problems on has been the modus operandi of demagogues for centuries.

Extend this to Trump?s economic agenda. Trump has largely blamed China and Mexico for taking the jobs of hard-working Americans. Many economists and business leaders say that?s vastly overstated, because the long-term decline in US manufacturing employment is largely due to robots and automation doing more and more of the work humans used to do. But Trump has said nothing about automation. Robots and algorithms aren?t very satisfying villains. Chinese and Mexican workers, by contrast, fulfill the us-versus-them narrative that lets Trump play the hero, beating back the invaders.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-why-the-press-is-so-harsh-on-trump-192506378.html

Perspective said:
Going for an emotional response

So why does Trump care so much about the minuscule risk of foreign terrorism? Here?s a guess: Because it?s hard to get voters riled up about Americans harming Americans. It?s a lot easier to trigger an emotional response about foreigners harming Americans?even if that harm is largely theoretical. Creating villains people can blame their problems on has been the modus operandi of demagogues for centuries.

Extend this to Trump?s economic agenda. Trump has largely blamed China and Mexico for taking the jobs of hard-working Americans. Many economists and business leaders say that?s vastly overstated, because the long-term decline in US manufacturing employment is largely due to robots and automation doing more and more of the work humans used to do. But Trump has said nothing about automation. Robots and algorithms aren?t very satisfying villains. Chinese and Mexican workers, by contrast, fulfill the us-versus-them narrative that lets Trump play the hero, beating back the invaders.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-why-the-press-is-so-harsh-on-trump-192506378.html

Nailed it.

Treasury Nominee Vows No Tax Cut for Rich. Math Says the Opposite

The New York Times
Search
SUBSCRIBELOG INEconomy

Treasury Nominee Vows No Tax Cut for Rich. Math Says the Opposite.
By CNBC 1:11
No ?Absolute Tax Cut? for Wealthy
Video ?There will be no tax ? absolute tax cut ? for the upper class,? Steven Mnuchin, Donald Trump?s Treasury pick, promised three weeks after the election.
CNBC
By PATRICIA COHEN
FEBRUARY 9, 2017
Rules are made to be broken.

And that may be the problem with the newly christened ?Mnuchin rule? ? the assurance given by President Trump?s nominee for Treasury secretary, Steven T. Mnuchin, that ?there would be no absolute tax cut for the upper class.?

Mr. Mnuchin initially made the statement during an interview on CNBC in November, but at his Senate confirmation hearing last month, Senator Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat, rebranded the comment as a ?rule,? transforming a throwaway line into a formal pledge by the new administration.

Yet it is a guarantee that appears impossible to fulfill either under the tax overhaul that the House Republicans are pushing or similar, sketchier proposals that Mr. Trump has offered.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/business/economy/mnuchin-rule-tax-cut.html

Back