President Trump

Movingup said:
BangBros said:
Trump requesting nearly his entire family get top security clearance.  His whole family will know how to activate and trigger the football.  ;D ;D

Sure, the media also said Hillary would win the election by a landslide.

Seems he only cares about his son-in-law getting it. A violation of 5 U.S. Code ? 3110. I guess we are going back to the nepotism of the Kennedy years.

It's very interesting that a lot of these "Never Trump" Republican politicians are now 1 by 1 meeting personally or publicly showing support for Trump. It's encouraging to see some unity.

BangBros said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So Trump is a Russian sleeper agent?

#dosvedanya

I'm not saying he's a sleeper agent.  Far from it.  What I'm saying is that the "secret government society" or "organization" and the NSA all colluded together to make sure that Trump was the winner and not HRC.  The election was totally rigged, but not to HRC's advantage.  The NSA and the government of the highest order have the ability to manipulate the election for sure.  I'm just saying if Trump was as bad as everyone made it to be, then they would've made sure HRC was the winner.  Think JFK.

Costco sells tinfoil in bulk.

America is going to be great!! whether they like it or not.  Pop culture has short memories and little loyalty.

trump-ford.jpg

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin responds:

2 days ago, @realDonaldTrump told me he was working w/ @Ford to keep smaller vehicle production in KY & in USA..Tonight they delivered..TY!

? Matt Bevin (@MattBevin) November 18, 2016

Liar Loan said:
trump-ford.jpg

Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin responds:

2 days ago, @realDonaldTrump told me he was working w/ @Ford to keep smaller vehicle production in KY & in USA..Tonight they delivered..TY!

? Matt Bevin (@MattBevin) November 18, 2016

Totally made up story.'

"Ford, however, said it neither planned to close the Louisville, Ky., plant nor reduce jobs there".

And now the impossible comes into focus...

Apple could make iPhones in US in future: sources

TAIPEI -- iPhones might one day soon carry "Made in America" labels.

Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

"Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.," a source said. "Foxconn complied, while Pegatron declined to formulate such a plan due to cost concerns."

http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/Apple-could-make-iPhones-in-US-in-future-sources

morekaos said:
They'd like it to be...

?We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the U.S.,? the automaker said in an e-mailed statement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-18/trump-says-ford-called-to-say-keeping-lincoln-plant-in-kentucky

But that is far from the claim that "they rescinded closure of a plant because Trump told him to". They were going to start building Escapes (higher demand vehicle) at the Kentucky plant but decided to stick with the Lincoln model instead. That plant was not going to close - at least not in the near future.

Further from the claim that its "totally made up". This is a complete pivot in attitude that will influence strategic planning for years.  This is the coming reality...and it looks great!

You start to wonder this could be a very positive time in politics for America with a successful businessman in helm and all 3 branches of government are unified.

morekaos said:
Further from the claim that its "totally made up". This is a complete pivot in attitude that will influence strategic planning for years.  This is the coming reality...and it looks great!

You are right, it's not "totally" made up. There's a tiny kernel of truth in there that is used to support a (larger) false claim.

So why on earth would Mr. Ford himself call Donald Trump to tell him? Just to kiss his ass?  I doubt it, you think that call would have happened to Hillary?  I think not.  The bigger point here is the clear change in attitude and planning on the strategic corporate level.  A Hillary presidency would have been business as usual and continued decline.

morekaos said:
So why on earth would Mr. Ford himself call Donald Trump to tell him? Just to kiss his ass?  I doubt it, you think that call would have happened to Hillary?  I think not.  The bigger point here is the clear change in attitude and planning on the strategic corporate level.  A Hillary presidency would have been business as usual and continued decline.

They are still moving ahead and shifting production of the Focus from Michigan to Mexico. So why didn't this change???

How much you wanna bet the crossover production was slated to move out of country but now stays here?  As I said the strategic planning is now being influenced by the new reality.  This is only one example and one board room.  More where that came from,  and thats good...no great.

The auto maker confirmed in a statement that production of the Lincoln MKC crossover will remain at its assembly plant in Louisville, Ky. Ford had initially planned to move output of the Lincoln model to another plant to boost production of the Escape, which is built at the same factory. The company didn?t say where it had planned to move production of the Lincoln crossover.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-tweets-ford-has-committed-to-keeping-lincoln-production-in-u-s-1479439033

peppy said:
Totally made up story.'

"Ford, however, said it neither planned to close the Louisville, Ky., plant nor reduce jobs there".

Ok. Let's deconstruct his Tweet then, shall we?

-Trump's claim that "he just got a call"  TRUE
-Trump's claim that Bill Ford is his "friend"  FALSE
-Trump's claim that Bill Ford is chairman of Ford  TRUE
-Trump's claim that Bill Ford advised him of something  TRUE
-Trump's claim that the Lincoln plant is staying in Kentucky  TRUE
-Trump's claim that the Lincoln won't be produced in Mexico  TRUE

You're right.  Bill Ford and Trump are not friends, so that is a "totally made up story".  Props for pointing that out peppy!  :p

Seriously though.. What the statement from Ford seems to be hinting at is that Trump's plan to dramatically lower corporate taxes would make things competitive enough for Ford to allow them to keep more production in the USA.  You have to learn to read corporate speak and read between the lines.

"Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States."

Back