[Poll] To Ink or Not To Ink?

Do you have a tattoo?

• Yes, I have one or two small ones (unicorn on my wrist)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Oh yes, I have several or a large one (wings on my back)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck yeah, you can't even see my skin (Birdman! Birdman!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, I am as bare as when I was born

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other (not sure how there can be an other)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
bones said:
SoCal said:
I don't think Iho has one but if he was going to get one, my guess would be his kids' names in their own handwriting or their names & bdays.

Naaaa. It's a 3cwg tattooed on his bicep.
Actually, on my shoulder:

5d6s9f.jpg

SoCal said:
Would any of you get your spouse's name tattoo'd on you or have you?

I play for keeps. I've been with mine for 16 years. But even after all of that, I still wouldn't do it!  ;D

I would... May get that next when I visit my buddy.

i would never get a tattoo of a womans name that is not my daughter or mother. that is crazy.

SoCal said:
Would any of you get your spouse's name tattoo'd on you or have you?

I play for keeps. I've been with mine for 16 years. But even after all of that, I still wouldn't do it!  ;D 

No, but I would love to go initial only- he shares it with the kids, so no harm done just in case..
I agree with bones, I would rather just get some carbon.

No.  I grew up around military bases, especially Navy.  So, tattoos were something those Navy guys did (Popeye) and we didn't have a good opinion of the Navy guys while in high school.  Of course, I appreciate all military personnel now and their dedication.

Not to change the flow but what would you do if your kid(s) came back one day with a tattoo without telling you?  I would say to mine "come here so I can...".  :p  My nephew did that and got into a lot of trouble.

As far as putting your spouse's name on you, probably a bad, bad idea in this country. 

SoCal said:
Iho, are you considering getting a tattoo & that's why this thread is on your mind?
I already showed you mine.

Actually... I was bored and it wasn't Friday.

For the record, I am not into ink. Or earrings. My buddies have both... but that's just not my thing.

I would figure a forum like this would skew towards "No Tattoos" (as the poll seems to indicate) and like NSR mentioned, it may be an age thing. If this was a punk rock forum or if there were more military members (hi CK!), we would probably see more tats.

Some people get tats for themselves, others get them to show... I have neither motivation but do understand why others get them. My friends that do have ink usually have names of their spouse or kids... no face tattoos though.

One guy at the basketball court has his wife on his arm topless... that one makes me shake my head.

irvinehusky said:
Not to change the flow but what would you do if your kid(s) came back one day with a tattoo without telling you?

Well, if it was a prison tattoo, it would be the least of my concerns.

irvinehomeowner said:
Some people get tats for themselves, others get them to show... I have neither motivation but do understand why others get them.

That's funny. I am the complete opposite as you. Having one myself, I no longer understand why people get them. For ex: if it's a picture of a loved one you want, just carry a darn photo. I can't think of a good reason to get one aside from easy corpse identification but hey, that is a plus. I show my kids & say it's an example of what not to do.

I knew a girl who was addicted to the pain it draws. Couldn't stop. There are people in this world like that. Even then, there's still got to be better alternatives.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
Iho, are you considering getting a tattoo & that's why this thread is on your mind?
I already showed you mine.

Actually... I was bored and it wasn't Friday.

For the record, I am not into ink. Or earrings. My buddies have both... but that's just not my thing.

I would figure a forum like this would skew towards "No Tattoos" (as the poll seems to indicate) and like NSR mentioned, it may be an age thing. If this was a punk rock forum or if there were more military members (hi CK!), we would probably see more tats.

Some people get tats for themselves, others get them to show... I have neither motivation but do understand why others get them. My friends that do have ink usually have names of their spouse or kids... no face tattoos though.

One guy at the basketball court has his wife on his arm topless... that one makes me shake my head.
bones said:
irvinehusky said:
Not to change the flow but what would you do if your kid(s) came back one day with a tattoo without telling you?  I would say to mine "come here so I can...".  :p  My nephew did that and got into a lot of trouble.

depends on how old they are.  over 18?. do as you wish.

would it matter if they were 17?

IHO i just read the poll questions. and you tell me to keep it PG  :)

"No way, I am as bare as when I was born"

I am in my mid-40s.  I do not have a tattoo- nobody got them when I was in college either.  Honestly, I am glad I don't have any and would never contemplate getting one. 

I guess if the kid goes to college and supports herself/himself, then there's nothing a parent can do.  But, in my house, my way or the highway.  :p

I hope one of my girls don't come back one day looking like this.  :'(
http://www.katvond.net/

But, in my house, my way or the highway.  :p

Since my kid is older than yours, and I have the same policy as yours.. I will share reality vs projection result in a couple of years! I used to think I will say no to so many things when the girl was 2-3 years old, but as she grew up, I have become more lenient.

And husky, always remember, they will be one step ahead of what you were at their age.

Back