Petaluma at Eastwood

OCLuvr said:
I understand your concern of PS being far out. I will repeat as I have said this multiple times. For most communities, SG/WB etc, everything is constant now, as they are completely built out. Where as in PS following new things will change your perspective:
1. A new 133 free ramp is being constructed on Trabuco/Great Park Blvd which would reduce PS distance to 5/405 by one mile.
2. Irvine Blvd/Mojeska market complex is high up on Great Park's list.
Above two points are very short term; may be next 1-2 years.
If you have a very long perspective, like 5 years, Portola Pkwy would be extended to Portola in foothill ranch and that would bring Walmart/Target very close to PS; may be 3 miles.

I don't doubt that it's eventually coming. But, I think the timelines are generous, especially for #2. We've been talking about that retail being 1-2 years away since at least 2014. I don't like buying on speculation - so as it stands now, PS would be a non-starter for me.

If you know these things are coming, sooner or later, how do you know appreciation wouldn't be much in PS 😄? I don't think people buy homes with 1-2 years in horizon.

OCLuvr said:
1. A new 133 free ramp is being constructed on Trabuco/Great Park Blvd which would reduce PS distance to 5/405 by one mile.

I keep seeing this thrown around but do we have anything that shows that this is actually happening?  It's been proposed since about 2006/2007 as part of the circulation plan but is still considered "proposed" from everything that I found/heard.  Any additional detailed is appreciated!!

OCLuvr said:
If you know these things are coming, sooner or later, how do you know appreciation wouldn't be much in PS 😄? I don't think people buy homes with 1-2 years in horizon.

During these years where there's nothing, the appreciation rate will be lower than the more established areas. Compounded against a generous development duration estimate of 5 years, PS would lack behind.

Prototype said:
OCLuvr said:

Thanks, definitely saw that one but it still looks like it's proposed.  Still old information but it would be great if it were to happen!  Thanks again!

According to CalTran's plan,  this Trabuco off ramp was schedule to be completed by 2020.

From AW's post in that linked thread:http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist12/DEA/5widening/Appendices/Appendix_K_RTP_FTIP.pdf

OCLuvr said:
I don't know if you guys noticed, but I already see construction going on 133.

Is this the shopping center?  I thought at first it was new homes, but now it looks like a clubhouse of some sort with some other building around it that I can't figure out.  Too big to be new  homes.

aquabliss said:
OCLuvr said:
I don't know if you guys noticed, but I already see construction going on 133.

Is this the shopping center?  I thought at first it was new homes, but now it looks like a clubhouse of some sort with some other building around it that I can't figure out.  Too big to be new  homes.

If you're referring to south(east) of the 133 after the 5FWY, that's the Senior living community that is being built by CalAtlantic.  They've graded the land and are beginning to build the model homes.  The community will be on the corner of Marine Way and Ridge Valley.

lnc said:
Prototype said:
OCLuvr said:

Thanks, definitely saw that one but it still looks like it's proposed.  Still old information but it would be great if it were to happen!  Thanks again!

According to CalTran's plan,  this Trabuco off ramp was schedule to be completed by 2020.

From AW's post in that linked thread:http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist12/DEA/5widening/Appendices/Appendix_K_RTP_FTIP.pdf

Thanks, Inc!!! Still looks like old documentation.  I wonder if there's anything updated out there.  I still haven't seen anything new unless they're sticking to their 2020 plan.  Thanks again!

PrettyInGray said:
Irvinehomeseeker said:
There seems to be an Eastwood premium that  bumps up prices like crazy here. The Eastwood development is super dense. It's probably the walkable distance elementary school and Northwood high that is helping Eastwood command these high prices. I think even after 2-3 yrs, the appreciation rate for Eastwood homes will be higher than most contemporary new development in irvine.

Oh, and have any potential buyers or residents of EastWood care about living across the mobile home park, The Groves?!?

It's a mobile home park, but it's 55+ and fairly "upscale" if that's such a thing. It's on 70+ acres and includes services such as a salon, car wash, etc. It's like a small city in there. It'll run you about $400k to get in there (as compared to $100k or $200k in other areas). So, while mobile homes have a negative connotation associated to them - The Groves doesn't exactly fit into that.

lnc said:
Prototype said:
OCLuvr said:

I wouldn't hold your breath.  AW's document is from 2013 and the interchange was proposed back in 2008.

Fast forward to 2017 and it is still stuck in the "pre-design" phase (page 4):http://ftip.scag.ca.gov/Documents/F2017-FTIP-PriorORA.pdf

The City should have made Verizon pay for the interchange in exchange for approving the amphitheater.  Traffic on San Canyon is going to be a nightmare.

PrettyInGray said:
OCLuvr said:
I understand your concern of PS being far out. I will repeat as I have said this multiple times. For most communities, SG/WB etc, everything is constant now, as they are completely built out. Where as in PS following new things will change your perspective:
2. Irvine Blvd/Mojeska market complex is high up on Great Park's list.
Above two points are very short term; may be next 1-2 years.
If you have a very long perspective, like 5 years, Portola Pkwy would be extended to Portola in foothill ranch and that would bring Walmart/Target very close to PS; may be 3 miles.

I'm a fairly new resident at PS and was at PP and West Irvine prior to moving to PS. So far, I have the best neighbors since living in multiple neighborhoods in Irvine over 10 years! I don't mean to exaggerate and but we have the coolest neighbors! We are all looking forward to the new developments around us. Anyways, if you drive between Eastwood and PS, it's not that far. I would say about a mile or little over a mile. And whenever I drive to my friends' homes in Stonegate and Woodbury, it's a 5 min drive.
At first I was going to joke about must be talking about me...
Then it just dawned on me after looking at the info that I do know you!  Lol
(I'm at Temple City right now with a photog getting ready to list a house)

This new Petaluma phase units seem they are against Jeffrey. I assume upcoming ones more inside will be priced higher.

Back