Petaluma at Eastwood

According to your chart, it looks like the Helena model homes sold for about $160k more than the base price.

Yesterday I realized that an attached Delano plan 2 which is a 3 bedroom attached home has almost the same base price as the 3 bedroom detatched Petaluma plan 1.

Maybe even now Petaluma is still a "good deal" in Eastwood.

Buying a model home is not a very wise decision with all those mark-ups, it's a great way to be upside down after you close. 

acf said:
Yesterday I realized that an attached Delano plan 2 which is a 3 bedroom attached home has almost the same base price as the 3 bedroom detatched Petaluma plan 1.

Maybe even now Petaluma is still a "good deal" in Eastwood.

Yep, and there's not much phase left.  Sold out by the year end?

I went to the sales office on the weekend and in phase 8, Delano Plan 2 is $842k. The difference is only $23.5k I think.

When you factor in Petaluma doesn't have Delano's second $201/month HOA, it's something to think about.

Burn That Belly said:
Delano's Plan 2 is $821K and Petaluma's Plan 1 is $865.5K.  That is about a $45,000 difference. With 20% down requirement typical these days, that is $9000 extra needed. That is easy to borrow from your grandmother or in-laws.

I would spring for Petaluma plan 1 since it is detached and you're paying way less HOA and you're also getting a bigger yard.

Delano's price slope changed 3 times since March 2017 grand opening. I reckon it will change again for the worst.

Burn That Belly said:
acf said:
I went to the sales office on the weekend and in phase 8, Delano Plan 2 is $842k. The difference is only $23.5k I think.

When you factor in Petaluma doesn't have Delano's second $201/month HOA, it's something to think about.

Burn That Belly said:
Delano's Plan 2 is $821K and Petaluma's Plan 1 is $865.5K.  That is about a $45,000 difference. With 20% down requirement typical these days, that is $9000 extra needed. That is easy to borrow from your grandmother or in-laws.

I would spring for Petaluma plan 1 since it is detached and you're paying way less HOA and you're also getting a bigger yard.

Delano's price slope changed 3 times since March 2017 grand opening. I reckon it will change again for the worst.

acf- looks like the decision is clear and evident. You know what to do.

What is your thought about comparing Petaluma with Juniper in PS?

Back