Panda's Art Gallery by Sarang Design | Korean American Designer

The Double Blessing

Blessed are they who see beautiful things in the most humble places where other people see nothing.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

자신을 다시 헌신하고 예수 그리스도를 구세주로 받아들이시겠습니까? 만일 그렇다면 지금 당신이 있는 곳에서 눈을 감고 나와 함께 다음 기도를 하세요.

"하나님 아버지, 저는 죄인임을 알고 주님의 용서를 구합니다. 나는, 예수 그리스도께서 나의 죄를 위해 돌아가 셨고 죽은 자 가운데서 부활하신 것을 믿습니다. 나는 죄로부터 돌아서며 죄를 회개합니다. 내 마음과 나의 삶에 들어오셔서, 주님께서 나의 주가 되시고 나의 구원자 되심을 믿어 오직 주님만을 따르기를 원합니다. 예수님의 이름으로 기도드립니다. 아멘."

jesus.jpg

Last edited:
Sarang Design: New Beginnings
Graphic Designer: Panda
Inspired by: Isaiah 43:19

See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

002.jpg

Last edited:
Sarang Design: Asking in Prayer
Graphic Designer: Panda
Inspired by: Matthew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

001.jpg

Last edited:
flowers.jpg

항상 감사하세요. (A Heart of Gratitude)

내가 여호와를 항상 송축함이여, 그를 송축함이 내 입에 계속하리로다 Psalm 34:1

어떤 사람들은 그들을 위해 행해지는 모든 작은 일에 매우 감사하고, 다른 사람들은 그들을 위해 아무리 많은 일을 해주더라도 결코 만족하지 못합니다.

감사하는 사람을 선택하세요. 하나님에 대한 감사뿐 아니라 사람에 대한 감사도 충만한 사람입니다. 누군가가 당신을 위해 좋은 일을 했을 때, 그 사람에게 당신이 감사하다는 것을 알리세요.

당신이 감사해야 할 모든 것에 대해 매일 묵상하세요. 기도로 주님께 말씀하세요. 그러면 당신의 마음이 그분의 평화와 사랑, 기쁨으로 가득 차 있음을 알게 될 것입니다.

감사하는 사람은 행복한 사람이라고 생각하니 오늘도 감사함으로 기쁨을 더하세요.

Glimpse of Hope : South Korean Marriages increase for the first time in over two decades.

A total of 193,657 couples got married last year, up 1.0% from 191,690 a year earlier and the first increase since 2011, Statistics Korea data showed on Tuesday. That compares with a 0.4% drop in 2022

1970 295,137
1971 239,457
1972 244,780
1973 259,112
1974 259,600
1996 434,911 - Highest # of Marriages in South Korea recorded
1997 388,960
1998 373,500
1999 360,407
2000 332,090
2001 318,407
2002 304,877
2003 302,503
2004 308,598
2005 314,304
2006 330,634
2007 343,559
2008 327,715
2009 309,759
2010 326,104
2011 329,100
2012 327,100
2013 322,800
2014 305,500
2015 302,800
2016 281,600
2017 264,000
2018 258,000
2019 239,000
2020 214,000
2021 193,000
2022 191,690 - Lowest # of Marriages in South Korea recorded
2023 193,657

001.jpg

Last edited:
Glimpse of Hope (Marriages in South Korea slightly increase in 2023)

According to Statistics Korea, an estimated 193,673 couples tied the knot last year, a drop of 40 percent compared to data from 2013.

Last edited:
eAGLE.jpg

Sarang Story by Panda | An Eagle's Pursuit of his Lifetime Partner (Isaiah 40:31)

" Eagles are radically committed and faithful to their spouse. Divorce rate among Eagles is 0%."

When a little eaglet is about one year old, he begins to develop some independence. His eyesight is good at this point, and his talons are sharp. He can find his own food, fly, and even soar a little bit. He lives his life as a young eagle for about three years, continuing to grow and gain strength, improving in all his abilities, and just getting established in life as an eagle.

But by the time the eagle is about four years old, he begins to change, not deliberately, but instinctively. He feels more comfortable inside, strange, and uneasy. He probably doesn't understand what is happening to him. Eventually in the midst of this strange season of growth, he begins to realize he was not created only to live for his own pleasure. He wants his life to be more than himself.

At that point, the male eagle leaves to find a female eagle. He looks for a companion and lifetime partner whom he can love. When he find the one, they begin a game of tag, which is actually a type of eagle courtship. His uneasiness is a longing for love! It is time for him to grow up. The female eagle soars high in the sky in a figure eight pattern and makes the male eagle chase her. Now he is no longer flying is own course; he is following someone else - someone who appears to be going in a strange direction.

After a little while she dives to the ground, picks up a twig, flies up to about ten thousand feet, and drops the twig. He dives at approximately two hundred miles per hour to catch the twig in midair and takes it back to her. What is her response? She ignores him.

At this point, even though male eagle probably feels a bit insulted, he has to make a decision: "Am I going to really get committed and continue to pursue her? He starts to have doubts and says, "Is this really what I want?" Or should I just forget about this and find something little easier to do with my time?"

The female eagle repeats this process and she makes the male's job increasingly difficult. Each time she flies, the twig gets larger and larger and she flies at a lower altitude. That means the twig is going to hit the ground faster, and the male eagle will have to work harder if he wants to win her heart.

This game goes on for days. Finally, the female gets a branch that is heavier than the male eagle. The male eagle says to himself in a discouraged voice, "This is not fair! God, Please help me, You know I can't do that. Please help me as you know this is too much for me. Emotionally this is too painful and I don't know if I am going to make it.
😥

This time the female eagle flies only five hundred feet above the ground and drops the branch. If he catches it, they will move into courtship. If the male eagles misses it, the female eagle will fly away and leave him as she has decided to wait for a male eagle who has the tenacity to be her man.

For the male eagle to continue this process, he must be extremely persistent and committed. Once he passes the final twig test, both eagles move from courtship to the final commitment test. She flies high into the sky; he chases her, and suddenly she makes an odd move. In the midair, she flips over her back and sticks her talons up. The male moves over her and locks his talons with hers while they fall toward the earth. At this point he has made up his mind. He is committed, and he would die rather than let her go. Now they begin to sing a
❤️
love song. They mate for life. I guess this is the stage you can say they tied the knot.

Neither of them ever has another mate unless one of them dies. If the female dies, the male raises the young.

Last edited:
02.jpg

Sarang Story by Panda | The Tea Cup Story ( Isaiah 64:8)

Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8

Heesun worked as an assistant

soprano professor in the School of Music at Yonsei University. After having a long day, she decided to leave a little early to grab dinner on her way home. As she headed home that evening, she noticed a small antique shop that she didn't notice before. From a distance she saw a shining beautiful teacup sitting on a shelf.

She walked inside the antique store, took it off the shelf so she can take a look at it closely, and said, "What a beautiful elegant cup, I think I am going to buy it.”

All of the sudden, the Teacup started to talk and Heesun was startled and was about to drop the teacup and run out of the antique store, but the tea cup said “Please don’t run away, I am just a Teacup and I am harmless."

The Tea cup started to share his story with Heesun. "I wasn't always like this. There was a time when I was just a cold, hard, colorless, lump of clay.

One day my father in heaven picked me up and said, "I could do something with this. He started to pat me, and roll me, and change my shape." Heesun found it fascinating that a Tea cup can speak fluent Korean and continued to listen to what the tea cup had to say.

God started to roll the lumpy clay and the I said, What are you doing? That hurts. I don't know if I want to look like this! Stop! But he said, "Not Yet."

Then he put me on a wheel and began to spin me around and around and around, until I screamed, "Let me off, I am getting dizzy! "Not yet" he said.

Then he shaped me into a cup and put me in a hot oven and I cried out, "Please let me out! It is hot in here, I am suffocating. But he looked at me through that little glass window and smiled and said, "Not Yet"

When he took me out, I thought his work on me was over, but then he started to paint me. You wouldn't believe what he did next. He put me back in that oven, and I said, You have to believe me, I can't stand this! Please let me out! But he said, "Not Yet"

"Finally, God took me out of the oven and set me up on a shelf where I thought he had forgotten about me. Then one day he took me off the shelf and held me before a mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had become a beautiful teacup that everyone wants to buy."

Heesun, then picked up the teacup to the cashier and asked,

How much is this beautiful tea cup?" The cashier replied, "That would be 5000 won Ma'am. Heesun smiled because she knew she was getting a steal and told the cashier, “Thank you" and then left the antique store with her beautiful new tea cup.

- The End

@Liar Loan,

The media says this is caused due to economic / financial reasons. I think that is only 20% of the story. Marriages in South Korea start to decline since Kpop music was introduced to the young generation of South Korea in 1992.

I think this is more of spiritual issue vs an economic one. Less than 20% of the South Korean single between the ages of 20-39 believe in Jesus or call themselves Christians. These percentages are very different in the mid 1990s. The median age for marriage was 27-28 for men and 24-25 for women back then. Today the average South Korean men gets married at 33-34 and 31-32 for women. These are the highest median age averages for all of Asia.

There is also a rise in Feminist movement that started to gain popularity in 2015 which caused a lot of tension between Men and Women, attacking Marriages and Families in South Korea.
The comment on feminism is interesting. It seems very 1950’s.

@Imnotmoving You can see the drop in Marriages in South Korea started to accelerate in 2015. We are seeing a Glimpse of Hope in the 2023 with a slight 1% increase in marriage numbers.

Kim Ji-young, Born 1982: Feminist film reignites tensions in South Korea​

The comment on feminism is interesting. It seems very 1950’s.

Marriage #s in South Korea

2011 329,100
2012 327,100
2013 322,800
2014 305,500
2015 302,800
2016 281,600
2017 264,000
2018 258,000
2019 239,000
2020 214,000
2021 193,000