Panda's Art Gallery by Sarang Design | Korean American Designer

Kings said:
climate activists would see population decline as a good thing.  thoughts?

I need Koreans to have more babies to ensure there is a future generation supporting the production of Korean drama shows.

5christians.jpg

southkorea.jpg

Mety said:
Kings said:
climate activists would see population decline as a good thing.  thoughts?

Population decline is a bad thing.

Kings said:
anyone care to elaborate why population decline is a bad thing?

I think Panda gave his reasons.
He said, "Without God, there is no Love. Without Love, there is no Marriage. Without Marriage, there is no South Korean children."

interesting perspective, thank you.

the point about k-pop leading to the destruction of conservative values and, ultimately, the decline of an entire population is intriguing.  it sounds like you view seo taiji as a large contributor - is this a widely-shared feeling among south koreans?  k-pop is a worldwide phenomenon - do you believe it is still responsible today for driving south korean people away from faith?

Panda said:
Some people say that the South Koreans are the Italians among the Asians. These good looking people need to be born for the future generation.

Many Koreans do not like how they look naturally.  It's said that SK has the highest cosmetic procedures per capita.  The normalization of cosmetic procedures has turned them into extensions of make-up.

"Natural" Korean beauties like Lee Su-hyun of AKMU are not appreciated for their beauty.  Fans appreciate her self-confidence and values but not her looks.  When she and her brother signed with YG she specified in her contract "no plastic surgery", and to those who thinks they're ugly, she replied "comments on our appearance are the only place where our feelings do not get hurt.?

(Translation:  don't like how I look?  Up yours.)

https://youtu.be/WLQFRjvdWLE

Youtube link will not display correctly in chrome.  You can go to Youtube manually and search for title:  170812 ?????(AKMU) - DINOSAUR + Thinking out loud ???(Rehearsal) [?? ???? ? ????] 4K ?? by ??

K-pop might not be the only factor of people losing faith there. It could be one of the reasons as the media tend to mess you up with wrong/fake information all the time. Even pastors at television/media are giving wrong gospel messages many times. Not every pastor is doing that, but you can surely see how they're doing that not for the cause of the gospel but for the popularity and money. They might say more popular you get, more people they can preach to, but I don't see that kind of strategy used in Bible at all. Jesus never did that and never told His disciples to do that either. In fact, when His disciples tried to do that, Jesus stopped, rebuked, and prevented that to happen.

Fake news will always be there for us. Wrongful media will always be popular. But I believe when countries like S. Korea or even European countries who once had such huge influence of faith are losing faith because of lack of Biblical teaching and knowledge that can sustain their faith altogether. Parents are not teaching that value to their kids. Instead, they're teaching them to become "financially stable" more than anything by their words and also by their life style. This is exactly what Jesus warned. He said God knows your needs, therefore seek His Kingdom first, THEN all these things you need (money, food, clothes) will be given to you. What is seeking His Kingdom? It's simply seeking who Jesus is and follow His love. How do you do that? Read the Holy Bible first and ask God to transform you. This is where it takes faith. But as generations go by, people lost that value to pass on to their kids. Israel lost that value in God as the Scripture clearly tells and the same thing is happening to these countries. Suicide being one of the results. US is not an exempt.

The world was, is, and always will be dark. The only way out is by putting your faith in Jesus. Other ways might seem like it's getting you out for awhile, but eventually will betray you. S. Korea will recover from its decline of faith ONLY IF they treasure the Word of God again. I believe they once did. Will it happen again? Israel hasn't recovered. Europe hasn't either. Only God knows...

Mety,

I am really encouraged by your words. You seem to have really hit it on the nail as some of influential pastors of the largest churches in S. Korea had recently fallen due to greed, fame, money, and power and many South Koreans have left the church and turned away from their faith. I agree with what you are saying about seeking his kingdom first, get deep into the word, and ask him to transform you. If a South Korean genuinely accepts Christ in his or her life, I don't think it is possible to have suicidal thoughts as they will realize how valuable they are to him and that God has a plan and purpose for their life. Tieing the South Korean people to Moses' deliverance of the Israelites is a really good analogy.  Thank you for your post Mety. :)

Mety said:
K-pop might not be the only factor of people losing faith there. It could be one of the reasons as the media tend to mess you up with wrong/fake information all the time. Even pastors at television/media are giving wrong gospel messages many times. Not every pastor is doing that, but you can surely see how they're doing that not for the cause of the gospel but for the popularity and money. They might say more popular you get, more people they can preach to, but I don't see that kind of strategy used in Bible at all. Jesus never did that and never told His disciples to do that either. In fact, when His disciples tried to do that, Jesus stopped, rebuked, and prevented that to happen.

Fake news will always be there for us. Wrongful media will always be popular. But I believe when countries like S. Korea or even European countries who once had such huge influence of faith are losing faith because of lack of Biblical teaching and knowledge that can sustain their faith altogether. Parents are not teaching that value to their kids. Instead, they're teaching them to become "financially stable" more than anything by their words and also by their life style. This is exactly what Jesus warned. He said God knows your needs, therefore seek His Kingdom first, THEN all these things you need (money, food, clothes) will be given to you. What is seeking His Kingdom? It's simply seeking who Jesus is and follow His love. How do you do that? Read the Holy Bible first and ask God to transform you. This is where it takes faith. But as generations go by, people lost that value to pass on to their kids. Israel lost that value in God as the Scripture clearly tells and the same thing is happening to these countries. Suicide being one of the results. US is not an exempt.

The world was, is, and always will be dark. The only way out is by putting your faith in Jesus. Other ways might seem like it's getting you out for awhile, but eventually will betray you. S. Korea will recover from its decline of faith ONLY IF they treasure the Word of God again. I believe they once did. Will it happen again? Israel hasn't recovered. Europe hasn't either. Only God knows...

Bringing back to life an old thread from five years ago. These are some of my designs in the last five years. Love to get your feedback. I named my designs : Sarang Design as "Sarang" means love in Korean.design.jpg

South Korea is currently facing a population crisis. The marriage numbers are below what they were in 1976 and current birth rate in South Korea is lowest in the World. As a Korean American, i am saddened by this.

NEWMARRIAGE.gifnreborn.jpg

Last edited:
The Median Age for a South Korean Male in 1990 was 27.79 and 24.78 for a Female. Today the median age is 34 for men and 32 for women.

age.jpg

Attachments

• korea.jpg
    korea.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1
Back