Panda's Art Gallery by Sarang Design | Korean American Designer

South Korea currently has the lowest fertility rate in the World. The fertility rate for a Korean woman is .67 where in China it is 1.0. The average number in the world is 2.1. Panda is designing for this cause.

Last edited:
South Korea is currently facing a population crisis. The marriage numbers are below what they were in 1976 and current birth rate in South Korea is lowest in the World. As a Korean American, i am saddened by this.
I'm a big believer that people respond exactly to the incentives that you give them.

Why South Korean women aren't having babies​

"Minji" wanted to share her experience, but not publicly. She is not ready for her parents to know she will not be having children. "They will be so shocked and disappointed," she said, from the coastal city of Busan, where she lives with her husband.

Minji confided that her childhood and 20s had been unhappy.

"I've spent my whole life studying," she said - first to get into a good university, then for her civil servant exams, and then to get her first job at 28.

She remembers her childhood years spent in classrooms until late at night, cramming maths, which she loathed and was bad at, while she dreamed of being an artist.

"I've had to compete endlessly, not to achieve my dreams, but just to live a mediocre life," she said. "It's been so draining."

Only now, aged 32, does Minji feel free, and able to enjoy herself. She loves to travel and is learning to dive.

But her biggest consideration is that she does not want to put a child through the same competitive misery she experienced.

"Korea is not a place where children can live happily," she has concluded.

God has made everything Beautiful in its time. (Ecclesiates 3:11)

What does the word Beauty mean? The word Beauty has to do with maturation, fulfillment, and perfection. In others, God creates everything with a purpose and gives every purpose a time that allows it to progress to perfection. He makes everything beautiful in the time he gives it.

Consider, for a moment, a Beautiful Rose. In the spring time before the rose bush blooms, it is ugly. Thorns cover the stems and tiny, hard green things stick out among the leaves. After a few weeks, these little green things slowly begin to open until you can see the color of the petals. Then the bud begins to open and the individual petals become visible. Still, the rose is not what it yet can be. It has not reached the height of its beauty.

There comes a point when the fully opened rose reaches perfection. It can be no more beautiful. Its shape and color are in perfect harmony. After perfection is reached, death and decay set in. The flowers whither and brown until the petals fall from the bush. It fulfills its purpose and then naturally dies. Nothing should die until its purpose is fulfilled.

God created you for a specific purpose and gave you the exact amount of time required to fulfill your purpose.

flower.jpg

These are shocking statistics. Only 28% of SK women are in favor of marriage.

South Korean marriages down by 40% in just 10 years​

The number of marriages recorded in 2023 was 193,673 while it was 322,807 in 2013 – which shows a decrease of 40 per cent within a decade.

Another alarming trend, according to the survey, was the sharp fall in second births, which dropped to 91,700 in 2023 – the first time this number has gone below 100,000. This decline is part of a broader trend of decreasing fertility, with the number of second and subsequent births having plummeted by 40 per cent since 2018.

Breaking it down by gender, 43.8 per cent of men were in favour of marriage, in contrast to 28 per cent of women – a significant decline from the previous rates of 66.1 per cent for men and 46.9 per cent for women.

In 2021, a striking 97.1 per cent of children in South Korea were born within wedlock, a rate significantly higher than the OECD average of 60 per cent, as per Hankyoreh Shimbun. This means that there is a direct correlation between marriage rates and birth rates in the country, highlighting how changes in the former directly impact the latter.

@Liar Loan, Yes it is sad news that South Korean marriages are down 40% in just 10 years and currently has the lowest birthrate in the world. What does Panda do when he gets sad? He designs.

Design Direction: Faith, Love, and Hope
Graphic Designer: Panda
Design Inspiration: 1 Corinthians 13:13

"And now these three remain: Faith, Hope and Love. But the greatest of these is Love."

faith.jpg

Last edited:
@Liar Loan, Yes it is sad news that South Korean marriages are down 40% in just 10 years and currently has the lowest birthrate in the world. What does Panda do when he gets sad? He designs.
It seems like something within the culture or government needs to change. What do you think the solution is?

It seems like something within the culture or government needs to change. What do you think the solution is?
@Liar Loan,

The media says this is caused due to economic / financial reasons. I think that is only 20% of the story. Marriages in South Korea start to decline since Kpop music was introduced to the young generation of South Korea in 1992.

I think this is more of spiritual issue vs an economic one. Less than 20% of the South Korean single between the ages of 20-39 believe in Jesus or call themselves Christians. These percentages are very different in the mid 1990s. The median age for marriage was 27-28 for men and 24-25 for women back then. Today the average South Korean men gets married at 33-34 and 31-32 for women. These are the highest median age averages for all of Asia.

There is also a rise in Feminist movement that started to gain popularity in 2015 which caused a lot of tension between Men and Women, attacking Marriages and Families in South Korea.

I think this is more of spiritual issue vs an economic one. Less than 20% of the South Korean single between the ages of 20-39 believe in Jesus or call themselves Christians. These percentages are very different in the mid 1990s.
I think this is interesting because I tend to think of Korean-Americans as a strongly religious community, so I assumed that would be the case in S. Korea as well. I believe religiosity is highly correlated with birth rates worldwide, and is the reason countries like the US, France, and Ireland have relatively higher birth rates than other Western nations, although they have still been coming in below the replacement rate of 2.1 in recent years.

I think this is interesting because I tend to think of Korean-Americans as a strongly religious community, so I assumed that would be the case in S. Korea as well. I believe religiosity is highly correlated with birth rates worldwide, and is the reason countries like the US, France, and Ireland have relatively higher birth rates than other Western nations, although they have still been coming in below the replacement rate of 2.1 in recent years.
“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.” Psalm 127:3
korean.png

@Liar Loan,

The media says this is caused due to economic / financial reasons. I think that is only 20% of the story. Marriages in South Korea start to decline since Kpop music was introduced to the young generation of South Korea in 1992.

I think this is more of spiritual issue vs an economic one. Less than 20% of the South Korean single between the ages of 20-39 believe in Jesus or call themselves Christians. These percentages are very different in the mid 1990s. The median age for marriage was 27-28 for men and 24-25 for women back then. Today the average South Korean men gets married at 33-34 and 31-32 for women. These are the highest median age averages for all of Asia.

There is also a rise in Feminist movement that started to gain popularity in 2015 which caused a lot of tension between Men and Women, attacking Marriages and Families in South Korea.
I think you're on to something though it isn't solely spiritual. Atheists marry too but what are the factors diminishing the drive to marry? Is SK seeing a similar epidemic of low testosterone that we're witnessing with the younger generation here, driven by too much vegetarianism, stress and lack of physical activity?

People don't wanna have kids, because it's become way too expensive and way too stressful.
To get into UC Irvine these days require the following:

$6,000 per year volleyball club
$85 per hour music lessons
$500 per month KUMON
$10,000 for college counselor so their chances of getting into college goes up.
Thousands of dollars in university summer schools.

So why would anyone wanna have a kid...or even 2?

It's the weaponization of education.
Educational Industrial Complex.

It's why I'm against education.

If you're not paying for this shit, someone else is doing it...and your kid has now fallen behind.

Last edited:
Sarang Design: Receiving the Holy Spirit
Designer: Panda
Inspiration: Design inspired by 1 John 2:27

As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

02.jpg

Back