Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

fortune11 said:
Villager said:
fortune11 said:
Agree re Alta Vista.  At that price point, what type of buyers is it attracting ?  I am asking because a lot of the moneyed crowd that collects W-2 income that can afford this price point generally works near the coast (ex:Newport) .  Given the lengthy commute times, would it be more self employed type people?  or am I missing something .  Thx.
Not all money is made on the coast. Even if they do work in Newport, it's not nearly as far as people pose it to be. Only a 25-30 minute drive, which seems standard for a commute.

That much time probably just to get to the orchard hills mall. and then add another 5-10 mins further to get to these homes all the way inside.  Seems to me 30-40 min is a lot of time to spend commuting each way, esp. if you can afford to spend  3.5 - 4m on a home.  Short commute times is one reason some of the doctors who work in Hoag on Sand Canyon bought in Laguna Altura and Hidden Canyon. 

But I can totally see the appeal of these fabulous homes. in Alta which make up for commute times drawback.  Just not sure what that cutoff is.

Commute times drawback?  For who?  Doctors at Hoag or anyone that buys the Vistas?  Where are you getting your information that all money works near the coast?  Might be but find that hard to believe.

If you are saying the Vistas are farther from the freeway then LA and HC, that is true.

I don't think there are many w2 earners among these Vistas buyers pool, and it is pretty common that the price tag of theses Vistas homes are less than 20% of their net worth. 

Vistas also atttracts high net worth buyers from others cities in S. Cal.  I've heard of potential buyers currently live at Tustin Estate, Yorba Linda, Country Estate in Diamond  Bar. 

lnc said:
I don't think there are many w2 earners among these Vistas buyers pool, and it is pretty common that the price tag of theses Vistas homes are less than 20% of their net worth. 

Vistas also atttracts high net worth buyers from others cities in S. Cal.  I've heard of potential buyers currently live at Tustin Estate, Yorba Linda, Country Estate in Diamond  Bar.

That answers my question . Thanks .

Anyone have info on the remaining tracts to be released within OH3 located above the recently announced 5 tracts at the Reserve?  Looked through old threads and didn't find any info.

lnc said:

I think it's probably a bit closer to 50/50 between wager earners and non-wager earners...one of my buyers at Alta Vista in the early phases is a non-W2 earner but only not a FCB or getting it from family and my other buyer at Bella Vista is a dual high income W2 earning couple.

Jcl725 said:
Anyone have info on the remaining tracts to be released within OH3 located above the recently announced 5 tracts at the Reserve?  Looked through old threads and didn't find any info.

No public info on those yet. 

And just like how TIC did with EW and Stonegate,  the lower priced/entry level products came first and higher price came out later, the remaining tracts in OH3 are larger and pricier home that will come out a year or two later. 

Only the south main gate has the guard house so I would assume only the south gate can potentially has guard. 

lnc said:
Jcl725 said:

No public info on those yet. 

And just like how TIC did with EW and Stonegate,  the lower priced/entry level products came first and higher price came out later, the remaining tracts in OH3 are larger and pricier home that will come out a year or two later.

How about non-public info? :)  Anyone know which builders?

I?m sure it will be beautiful.  But boring design and high price will have me looking elsewhere.  I can?t see any future appreciation with the price you will be paying.

Trojanman said:
I?m sure it will be beautiful.  But boring design and high price will have me looking elsewhere.  I can?t see any future appreciation with the price you will be paying.

I was actually looking forward to this neighborhood, but am really disappointed they are including detached courtyard/shared driveway products in the "Reserve at Orchard Hills".  I am sure the homes will sell regardless.  Essentially $0.4M+ for the same homes that are walking distance in from the Reserve in Neighborhood II and it's not like you're getting much of a view or bigger lots.

So its a 400k increase for IUSD only I guess.  I was hoping it would be more reasonably priced as well.  I was thinking 100-150k premium vs something similar in OH II.  I'll look but I also doubt I'll bite =)

$400k premium, you are kidding, right/

A S said:
Trojanman said:

I was actually looking forward to this neighborhood, but am really disappointed they are including detached courtyard/shared driveway products in the "Reserve at Orchard Hills".  I am sure the homes will sell regardless.  Essentially $0.4M+ for the same homes that are walking distance in from the Reserve in Neighborhood II and it's not like you're getting much of a view or bigger lots.

Back