Orchard Hills 4 - "The Summit" Updates

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone had any more information on the final orchard hills community being constructed at the intersection of Jeffrey and Portola. I can barely find anything about it online, and after driving past it on Portola it seems to still be in the grading and land-prepping stage.

Irvine recently released information about the "Gateway Preserve," a large park that would not only extend the Jeffrey Trail but also include new trails that would connect out to the Saddleback Mountains, and a housing development right above Stonegate alongside Jeffrey to pay for the costs of removing the Asphalt Plant. The gateway preserve is right above the new Orchard Hills construction but they didn't give any new information in regards to that construction.

I've attached a jpg of the neighborhood map (expected) and the gateway preserve map.

Attachments

• VT19020_Legend.jpg
    VT19020_Legend.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180
  • Gateway-Preserve-Map.jpg
    Gateway-Preserve-Map.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 150
Ratchet, you should be relieved that they haven't started building, because if they had started building during this market, it could only mean the builder was Lennar, which would be a very very bad thing (and I mean on the same level as KB Home bad). In fact, if the builder were Lennar, they'd probably already be at Phase 3 or 4.

If it's more info on OH4 that you want, I would direct you to the Frank R. Bowerman Landfill website.

Ratchet, you should be relieved that they haven't started building, because if they had started building during this market, it could only mean the builder was Lennar, which would be a very very bad thing (and I mean on the same level as KB Home bad). In fact, if the builder were Lennar, they'd probably already be at Phase 3 or 4.

If it's more info on OH4 that you want, I would direct you to the Frank R. Bowerman Landfill website.
Seems like Lennar doesn't do business with IP, though, being a large shareholder of FivePoint. So far, Lennar only builds in GP and LF.

Wow you seem to despise this construction. Interesting because the other thread was highly praising it. Aside from the proximity to AAA I don't see a reason to dislike.

What about the proximity to the landfill?
I laughed but out of curiosity I looked at how bit it really is.

"Opened in 1990 near Irvine, CA, it is one of the largest landfills in the state and the ninth largest in the U.S. The property spans approximately 725 acres of Irvine hillside with 534 acres allocated for waste disposal. It is permitted for 11,500 tons per day (TPD) maximum with an 8,500 TPD annual average. The landfill has enough projected capacity to serve residents and businesses until approximately 2053."

Yup...

I laughed but out of curiosity I looked at how bit it really is.

"Opened in 1990 near Irvine, CA, it is one of the largest landfills in the state and the ninth largest in the U.S. The property spans approximately 725 acres of Irvine hillside with 534 acres allocated for waste disposal. It is permitted for 11,500 tons per day (TPD) maximum with an 8,500 TPD annual average. The landfill has enough projected capacity to serve residents and businesses until approximately 2053."

Yup...
after 2053 we will get a golf course or some affordable housing on this site?

Just like Lambert Ranch, Stonegate, Portola Springs, Orchard Hills... landfill proximity doesn't matter anymore
Except I have done what no one else here has done. I tracked wind direction not daily but virtually almost hourly for a few months and found that the wind almost never moves toward the south and even more rarely toward the south east, which means the safest places in PS include PS3, PS5, and PS4.

When the wind does move toward the south or south east, it's almost always late in the evening or early in the morning for only a few hours and going at 3 to 7 mph. BTW, the wind direction in all weather apps indicates the direction from which the wind is coming. So if it says ENE, that means it's moving toward the west and south west directions.

Except I have done what no one else here has done. I tracked wind direction not daily but virtually almost hourly for a few months and found that the wind almost never moves toward the south and even more rarely toward the south east, which means the safest places in PS include PS3, PS5, and PS4.

When the wind does move toward the south or south east, it's almost always late in the evening or early in the morning for only a few hours and going at 3 to 7 mph. BTW, the wind direction in all weather apps indicates the direction from which the wind is coming. So if it says ENE, that means it's moving toward the west and south west directions.
That means you and I are in a good spot. 😂

Wow you're out here doing god's work. I have rarely heard or read of complaints of the landfill odor from existing OH communities though. Hopefully the smell isn't as bad as it might seem.

I've never met anyone who could smell COVID or cancer or evil.
Not even gonna try to interpret that and figure out how it's comparable. If you can't smell or see the landfill then who cares if you're living next to it. It's not like the traffic can get any worse for these new homes anyways.

Not even gonna try to interpret that and figure out how it's comparable. If you can't smell or see the landfill then who cares if you're living next to it. It's not like the traffic can get any worse for these new homes anyways.
Not even the cancer part? Still doesn't compute? AAA is a concern but landfill isn't? Umm, ok.

Last edited:
Back