Once again...nothing to be done but prayers and thoughts

Yet , no One is willing to talk about why NRA TV is dead

Anyways ? Keep clutching to your old world views - you guys can afford to since many of you are self employed and can live out your fantasies on right leaning forums like these and likeminded Facebook groups etc .

But out in the real world , norms are changing fast and there is only so much change you can hold off clinging on to a thin undemocratic senate majority. 

Just think of all the stuff you guys took for granted even 10 years ago that is no longer acceptable.

fortune11 said:
Just think of all the stuff you guys took for granted even 10 years ago that is no longer acceptable.

the self-serving, sjw way of life that took course over the past 10 years is what brought us all trump, and clutching to failed emotionally-driven way of life will lead to another 4 years of the big t  8)

Kings said:
fortune11 said:

the self-serving, sjw way of life that took course over the past 10 years is what brought us all trump, and clutching to failed emotionally-driven way of life will lead to another 4 years of the big t  8)

It's always darkest before the light...last gasp of the old guard.  In 20 years...demographics will make the country permanently democratic and progressive.  GOP using every page in the book including gerrymeandering and voting fraud to keep in power but the day will come when the dinosaurs die.

US was where California was 30 years ago...same demographic shift...same reactionary grasping of pearls. 

Who care about NRA TV?  Certainly not me. It is not needed. As I told you. Nothing has changed, no need to push back against air. Like the start of this thread, no changes.

fortune11 said:
You mean like:
Evidence
Responsibility
Logic
Humor
Patriotism
Etc.?

Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:

It's always darkest before the light...last gasp of the old guard.  In 20 years...demographics will make the country permanently democratic and progressive.  GOP using every page in the book including gerrymeandering and voting fraud to keep in power but the day will come when the dinosaurs die.

US was where California was 30 years ago...same demographic shift...same reactionary grasping of pearls.
History has shown over and over again that predictions based on the conventional wisdom is usually wrong.

Happiness said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Kings said:
fortune11 said:

History has shown over and over again that predictions based on the conventional wisdom is usually wrong.

It's not conventional wisdom...it's history and math.  Go back to the 1980s and the California was going through the same cultural debate that the country is having...we had our own anti-immigrant era with Pete Wilson and 187/215.  California was solidly Republican between 1952 and 1992 (exception of JFK) and then it wasn't...now the GOP is almost gone.

Orange County was a GOP bastion and now, it's purple leaning blue...it will be solid blue in a few more years. 

At that time, prayers and thoughts to those old guards.

I can tell you this ? there is certainly a difference between normal Americans and MAGA clan represented here. For instance ,

If the New York / Southern district Epstein case proves Bill Clinton is a child rapist, normal Americans will turn against Bill Clinton

But if the same Epstein case proves Trump is a child rapist, Trump supporters will turn against the SDNY ...

And Fox News / drudge / breitbart will provide ready made permission slips in form of new conspiracy theories so these crusty old supporters can merrily continue believing what they want to be true instead of actual reality

morekaos said:
I agree, you wanna change gun laws then you have to amend the constitution..not gonna happen.  All this is spin and talk. In the end nothing will change we move on to the next cycle.  Someone will trot out my most hated quote "This is not us" or "this is not who we are" when in actuality..."this is exactly us!", learn to live with it.

Any bets on loads of talk and nothing of substance being done again?  Nothing changes.

"No Way To Prevent This"

says the only country on earth where this regularly happens

I guess mass shootings are a small price to pay for the freedom to carry out mass shootings.

Unfortunately the mass shootings are far more complex than people want to think about.  Gun control works great in some places, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and not so great in others, I,e most of Latin America.

Some things, IMHO, are just stupid, I.e. GA?s buy and walk out the door with gun and ammo in under 30 minutes.  And frankly, private sale, gun show loopholes requiring no checks.

I know plenty of gun owners with AR style 5.56 rifles.  They?re safe, responsible and I?d trust them with it around me.  There are a few others that it?s a glorified macho toy and they have about as much respect for it as the guy down the block chugging a twelve pack of brews and lighting off illegal firework mortars on 4th of July.  I?ll be busy if the offer to go out shooting comes up. 

While many have quite a few guns of various sorts, none have branched over to the realm, to my knowledge, of collecting mass quantities of ammo, hordes of high capacity magazines, body armor, gear mods like bump stocks or enough tactical weapons and gear to outfit a platoon.

To me it seems like background checks on all gun transfers and some reasonable thresholds for tracking on total numbers or speed of acquiring should warrant a follow up in person screen.

morekaos said:
Nothing will change on this topic till this generation dies out.  Just going to have to wait.

Same problem and no real solution (Just what is an assault rifle?)...will have the same outcome...nuttinhoney.

Biden's Gun Control Proposals Make Little Sense As a Response to the Mass Shooting in Boulder
It is hard to see how an "assault weapon" ban or expanded background checks could have prevented this attack.

President Joe Biden has revived his call for a new federal "assault weapon" ban and expanded background checks following yesterday's mass shooting at a grocery store in Boulder, Colorado, which killed 10 people. "We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines," Biden tweeted today. "We can close loopholes in our gun background check system. This is not a partisan issue?it's an American issue that will save lives. Congress needs to act." As usual, those proposals make little sense as a response to a crime that supposedly illustrates the need for them.

According to the arrest affidavit, the suspect in the Boulder attack was armed with an AR-15-style "rifle" and a "semiautomatic handgun." The affidavit says he bought a Ruger AR-556 pistol, which has a 10.5-inch barrel and a "stabilizing brace," six days before the shooting. While it's not clear whether that was the "rifle" described by police and witnesses, either the Ruger pistol or an AR-15-style rifle would have been covered by the latest federal "assault weapon" bill and by a local ban that a Colorado judge blocked earlier this month.

https://reason.com/2021/03/23/bidens-gun-control-proposals-make-little-sense-as-a-response-to-the-mass-shooting-in-boulder/

nosuchreality said:
Unfortunately the mass shootings are far more complex than people want to think about.  Gun control works great in some places, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and not so great in others, I,e most of Latin America.

Some things, IMHO, are just stupid, I.e. GA?s buy and walk out the door with gun and ammo in under 30 minutes.  And frankly, private sale, gun show loopholes requiring no checks.

I know plenty of gun owners with AR style 5.56 rifles.  They?re safe, responsible and I?d trust them with it around me.  There are a few others that it?s a glorified macho toy and they have about as much respect for it as the guy down the block chugging a twelve pack of brews and lighting off illegal firework mortars on 4th of July.  I?ll be busy if the offer to go out shooting comes up. 

While many have quite a few guns of various sorts, none have branched over to the realm, to my knowledge, of collecting mass quantities of ammo, hordes of high capacity magazines, body armor, gear mods like bump stocks or enough tactical weapons and gear to outfit a platoon.

To me it seems like background checks on all gun transfers and some reasonable thresholds for tracking on total numbers or speed of acquiring should warrant a follow up in person screen.

It is a complex issue.

Support for common sense safety laws like background checks & red flag laws is bipartisan and now have close to 90% American support.

But those will only help marginally. They won't do much to stop mass shootings. Not in a country with 350 million - 400 million firearms.

IMO, we won't make meaningful progress until the majority of conservatives decouple gun ownership from US conservatism.

American conservatism is a weird hodgepodge of ideas and values from the outside looking in.

Australia's strict gun control laws were passed by a conservative right wing party. Universal healthcare in Taiwan was passed by a ultra capitalist conservative party.

But there's hope if you look at recent polling trends. Massive increased levels of support for more stringent gun laws can be found among young Americans regardless of political affiliation.

This is very similar to same sex marriage. The hill just reported on a poll showing majority of Republicans support same-sex marriage for the first time in history. The significant change is coming from young Republicans not older ones.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/5...-support-same-sex-marriage-for-the-first-time

Real meaningful change will take a long time, probably multiple decades. It's not happening until the old and stubborn dies off. We probably won't even live to see it, but hopefully my kid and yours will.

Taa-daaaa!  Take a big bite of the nothing burger and hope and pray more.

Biden Pushes Gun Control, But Legislation Is Unlikely

Biden Pushes Gun Control, But Legislation Is Unlikely
.By Philip Wegmann - RCP StaffApril 09, 2021
Biden Pushes Gun Control, But Legislation Is Unlikely(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
The White House Rose Garden was an idyllic setting on Thursday -- incongruously so, given the brutal problem being addressed. There, President Biden announced a slate of executive actions to combat what he called an ?epidemic? of gun violence.

?Let me say it again,? he told the assembled mothers and fathers of children horrifically killed at Newtown, Conn., and Parkland, Fla. ?Gun violence in this country is an epidemic.? Those gathered signaled their approval with applause as Biden added that, what?s more, ?it is an international embarrassment.?

Biden ran as a gun control candidate, someone with a record of both successes and failures on the issue. As a senator, he helped pass the Brady Handgun Violence Protection Act in 1993 and the Assault Weapons Ban in 1994. He could not get more comprehensive changes into law as vice president.

?I know it's painful and frustrating that we haven't made the progress that we'd hoped for,? Biden admitted Thursday as cherry blossoms swayed in the spring breeze behind him. ?But it took five years to get the Brady bill passed, and it took even more years to work to pass the assault weapons ban.  And it saved lives.?

His message, now as president, is that he is willing to work with Congress, but he is also moving on his own. Flanked by Vice President Harris and Attorney General Merrick Garland, Biden announced half a dozen actions.

He will tighten regulations around ?ghost guns? -- firearms assembled by hobbyists from parts that often lack serial numbers -- requiring that buyers go through a background check. He also called on the Department of Justice to propose a rule that could outlaw pistol brace devices, specialty slings that replace standard stocks, like the one used last month in a Boulder, Colo., mass shooting.

PROMOTED CONTENT
Mgid
Mgid
Biden also ordered the DOJ to issue an annual report on firearms trafficking and to draft legislative templates for states to follow in passing ?red flag? laws that would allow family members or law enforcement to remove firearms from anyone a court determined to be at risk to themselves or others.

The president also announced his intention to nominate David Chipman, a gun-control activist and law enforcement veteran, to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

All of those actions, Biden argued, were meant to fulfill his duty to protect public safety. ?My job, the job of any president, is to protect the American people,? he said. ?Whether Congress acts or not, I'm going to use all the resources at my disposal ? to keep the American people safe from gun violence.? In the end, though, he may be limited to what he can do from the Oval Office.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/04/09/biden_pushes_gun_control_but_legislation_is_unlikely_145560.html

5 years of retrospect and guess what?  Nothing changed...as I predicted...People are so easy to read... ;D ;D >:D

Can Gun Control Stop Mass Shootings? Most Voters Say ?No?

In the aftermath of a teenage gunman?s deadly spree in Buffalo, most voters remain unconvinced that more gun control laws can prevent such mass shootings.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 40% of Likely U.S. voters believe stricter gun control laws would help prevent shootings like the recent one in Buffalo. Fifty percent (50%) don?t think stricter gun control would help, while another 10% are not sure. These findings are almost identical to an April survey after a mass shooting on a New York City subway train. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu...ontrol_stop_mass_shootings_most_voters_say_no

morekaos said:
fortune11 said:
Why is it so hard for people to admit they are wrong :)

I can easily say ? I told you so?  many weeks ago when I said ?this time is different?  but whatever has happened so far , even if ?small?  in your opinion, is magnitudes bigger than anything that happened after similar events over the last 10 years . Especially after sandy hook . And it is not even  finished yet .

And this is happening with a NRA-hostage republican party?s peak of the power in White House , senate and House to boot !

And yet it is the kids and millennials who are deemed immature and unworthy of dealing w logic ...

Not true. It's not different this time. Sandy Hooke had a very similar national reaction that led to the same incremental but useless legislation and the real goal of assault weapons bans were never achieved...same as this incident.  The same outcome will be achieved. Failure.

How gun laws have changed in the 5 years since Sandy Hook

The state level is where the majority of the action on gun legislation has happened in the past five years. All told, since Sandy Hook, there have been 210 laws enacted to strengthen gun safety, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

That includes background check laws in four states that didn't have them before and expansions of existing background check laws in seven others, bringing the total to 18 states and the District of Columbia with background checks in place, according to the center.

The 2013 failures of the Assault Weapons Ban and the Manchin-Toomey Amendment stand out as the two biggest blows to federal gun control legislation, but gun rights advocates have celebrated other legislative wins since the Sandy Hook shooting as well.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gun-laws-changed-years-sandy-hook/story?id=51668726

I find this interesting…

A 35-year-old and a 15-year-old were arrested for shooting 9 CHILDREN at a Georgia gas station 10 days ago. Why haven't you heard about this mass shooting?

You read that headline right. A 35-year-old and a 15-year-old have been arrested for committing a mass shooting of 9 CHILDREN at a Columbus, Georgia gas station 10 days ago. The youngest victim was just 5 years old.

Last edited:
So, here we are coming up on 6 months since the shooting and what? Where is the sweeping change, where is the mass moment to get evil assault rifles off the streets? Where are all the new gun control laws passed by majority votes?...ANSWER: nowhere...nothing has changed...just as I predicted. What happend to the youthful exuberant leaders? Nice hypocrites.

David Hogg protests outside NRA HQ ? protected by armed guards?

Anti-gun protester David Hogg hates guns ? but apparently not enough to not be protected by them.

Hogg and a collective of anti-Second Amendment agitators protested outside the NRA headquarters on Saturday, and as the group points out, he was protected by armed guards.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/david-hogg-protests-outside-nra-hq-protected-by-armed-guards/
Don’t mind being idealistic….Cant stand a hypocrite🤦🏽‍♂️🙄😆

Yikes. New Video Shows Gun-Grabbing Twink David Hogg Enjoying an Afternoon at the GUN Range Shooting Off GUNS​

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...afternoon-at-the-gun-range-shooting-off-guns/

Back