Oil

If he would do that, great. But that isn’t gonna happen. The next Republican will certainly fill it up.
And who’s the Republican candidate? Trump.

And what did he say and do?
Nuff said

As the saying goes, “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.”
Why the heck would we want to believe Trump…

who said I do?…whoever it is, they will fill it…and roll back all the EV BS and green foolishness.🤜🏽🤛🏽☝🏽😂😂😂

And gas over $6 a gallon.

Forget climate change... what about just not relying on fossil fuel and being subject to the whims of big oil greed?

And gas over $6 a gallon.

Forget climate change... what about just not relying on fossil fuel and being subject to the whims of big oil greed?
You said yesterday that they are always greedy, but now you say it is a matter of whim, sometimes they are greedy and sometimes they are not, all the while ignoring the input costs that go into producing gasoline.

You said yesterday that they are always greedy, but now you say it is a matter of whim, sometimes they are greedy and sometimes they are not, all the while ignoring the input costs that go into producing gasoline.
Always taking things out of context. If you read this properly, they are always greedy... the whims part is how greedy... that is variable.

And *seasonally*, this time of year their greed goes down... but instead it has gone up.

And what happened to "work together"? You're such a contradiction.

Are they $2.00 less greedy in Florida or Texas? Because that is the difference in per gallon costs right now. Heck we are higher than Hawaii and they have to haul every drop 2500 miles….taxes and over regulation. The poor suffer the most…thanks Boy King 🤴 🤦🏽‍♂️🦄🌈

US crude production is at an all time high interestingly enough, but new permitting is where Biden tries to do the most harm
Thanks granpa joe….

Biden to Cancel Arctic Oil Drilling Rights Sold by Trump​

• Move comes after controversial approval of Willow project
  • Interior Department set to invalidate leases sold in 2021

State by State average gas prices, as surveyed by AAA

Weird how those states with regulatory constricted refinery production (red) have higher prices compared to those who do not (blue, white). It's as if the hand of the Government is somehow causing prices to climb. HoooKooodaKnown....?

The other reason why gas prices moderated from their 2022 highs was Corn Pops raiding the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to push more product forward to market. That reserve is nearly sucked dry so there will not be a "magic bullet" to save us from $7.00 gas this go-around. I'm reasonably sure EV owners will be the only ones on the road soon.....

Weird how those states with regulatory constricted refinery production (red) have higher prices compared to those who do not (blue, white). It's as if the hand of the Government is somehow causing prices to climb. HoooKooodaKnown....?

The other reason why gas prices moderated from their 2022 highs was Corn Pops raiding the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) to push more product forward to market. That reserve is nearly sucked dry so there will not be a "magic bullet" to save us from $7.00 gas this go-around. I'm reasonably sure EV owners will be the only ones on the road soon.....
We would be lower if we didn't get 60% of our gas from California. Most of the country is in the 3's WITH a hurricane coming. So........ this is why California has so many EV owners and why it's a hard sell in lower priced gas states.

Last time oil peaked at today's price (to the penny!) it dropped to $70 within a month so we'll see if it can keep going but imagine if it gets to $200. Could it? Well it was $145 in 2008 and we got inflation now. Personally I think Saudi is no fan of Biden and they intend to do what Iran did to Carter. So we'll see but we had years where the peak price was well over $100 (2011 - 2014). The difference is we have less refining capacity and more regulations and taxes so gas would have to be higher than those years.

So the easy answer is drop taxes, regulation and drill baby drill!…oh and build up refining capacity…it really isn’t that difficult…🤷🏽‍♂️ Stop chasing 🦄🌈

Who need SPR when we will have electrical tanks and other armored vehicles?

Everyone here should realize CA has ZERO pipelines feeding our refineries, meaning oil has to come in by tanker. Unless the states voters force a revolution in Sac the Dem super majority will undoubtedly drive gas above $10/gal here.

It has taken us 4 years to just get back to the production levels of 2019, Add to that the drained SPR and we have a lot of catching up to do…Drill Baby, Drill!!!

Output last year was 1.1 million bpd below the annual record of 12.3 million bpd from 2019
, just before COVID struck and forced operators to curtail production, keep a tight rein on capital expenditures, and reward shareholders before thinking of growing production.

This year, the annual average U.S. crude oil production is set to grow to 11.8 million bpd. Next year, the record annual average from 2019 will be exceeded, the EIA says, expecting 12.4 million bpd in 2023.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/US-Oil-Production-To-Hit-New-Record-In-2023.html

Pollution was measurably lower in 2020 and 2021 due to decreased travel during the pandemic.

That said, I am curious about the impact of all the electric vehicles in California on measurable air pollution. I'm sure someone in them Intarwebs has data about 2022 air quality, although I'd rather wait for 2023 data because 2022 had some forest fires from what I recall.

If Cali has 1m electric vehicles, there ought to be a quantifiable difference in YOY air quality. If not, why are we even bothering with these vehicles?

Pollution was measurably lower in 2020 and 2021 due to decreased travel during the pandemic.

That said, I am curious about the impact of all the electric vehicles in California on measurable air pollution. I'm sure someone in them Intarwebs has data about 2022 air quality, although I'd rather wait for 2023 data because 2022 had some forest fires from what I recall.

If Cali has 1m electric vehicles, there ought to be a quantifiable difference in YOY air quality. If not, why are we even bothering with these vehicles?
Because last time I check 87 unleaded is at $6 and diesel is at $7, eyes popping number.

I am going to ride my bike from now on.😀

using more electricity is only going to increase fossil fuel consumption
Depends.

In 2021, Cali had about 59% renewable/zero emission energy sources for electricity and expects that to go up.

Natural gas, which is the state's #1 single-type source, was at about 37% in 2022.

Oil doesn't even come into play for electricity so "Drill, Dummy, Drill" doesn't even help the power grid.

Back