Observations from the front lines of the Irvine housing market?

Patrick J. Star said:
Say what you want about the Big 4, but the talent level is always top notch.

yeah, that is one of the things i miss the most about the big 4. the biz dev women were always hot as well.

qwerty said:
Patrick J. Star said:

yeah, that is one of the things i miss the most about the big 4. the biz dev women were always hot as well.
And so were the girls that worked in HR/recruiting.  Although, I remember this really hot girl in the tax department at PwC.

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
Patrick J. Star said:

And so were the girls that worked in HR/recruiting.  Although, I remember this really hot girl in the tax department at PwC.

tax always had the least attractive woman.

I'm proud of you for not doing it, P. Star. Nice to see a guy be considerate when tempted not to be. You're a good guy.

qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
Patrick J. Star said:

Yeah, that's why it was so shocking....she was the biggest exception to the rule out there.  The Orange County PwC office did not have many attractive women who worked on the audit side either.  You'd have to go to the Valuation Group and HR for that.

Patrick J. Star said:
qwerty said:

Not at my Firm.  But I'm at the downtown mothership now, so everything is better than it was at the OC outpost.
There was definitely more attractive women in the tax and audit department at PwC's downtown LA office, the OC office just could not compete.

ps99472 said:
For some reason loud exhaust never woke up my toddler, more high pitched, sharp noises...
I'm glad I don't wake everyone up with my exhaust when I drop by the post office by you.  haha

ps99472 said:
For some reason loud exhaust never woke up my toddler, more high pitched, sharp noises...

When I get my car back, I'm gonna rev the heck out of my car in front of your home LOL.. If the exhaust doesn't wake her up the whining from the SC will! LOL JK!

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
Patrick J. Star said:

There was one in the Deloitte downtown office as well...sat on the 7th floor. Hottest chick at Deloitte was in the OC office. She and I interviewed in the same group, started on the same day, went to all the same out of town trainings, and ended up w/ the same specialty. never have I seen someone get hit on as much as her. Waiting for the plane, in line to board the plane, sitting in the plane, exiting the plane, cab driver, bars, clubs, etc etc.  yet she was still down to earth and the coolest girl.

One christmas party my wife said, "there aren't any fat, ugly, and/or social misfits here, everyone is either decent looking, dress well, or are super outgoing and friendly. Never really noticed until my wife said that, but thereafter realized it made sense. we had to be presentable to clients since we were on-site almost everyday, something generally not required for tax.

having said all this, nothing beats my time in apparel/retail. eye candy is through the roof, especially when it gets hot.

MovingOnUp said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
Patrick J. Star said:

There was one in the Deloitte downtown office as well...sat on the 7th floor. Hottest chick at Deloitte was in the OC office. She and I interviewed in the same group, started on the same day, went to all the same out of town trainings, and ended up w/ the same specialty. never have I seen someone get hit on as much as her. Waiting for the plane, in line to board the plane, sitting in the plane, exiting the plane, cab driver, bars, clubs, etc etc.  yet she was still down to earth and the coolest girl.

One christmas party my wife said, "there aren't any fat, ugly, and/or social misfits here, everyone is either decent looking, dress well, or are super outgoing and friendly. Never really noticed until my wife said that, but thereafter realized it made sense. we had to be presentable to clients since we were on-site almost everyday, something generally not required for tax.

having said all this, nothing beats my time in apparel/retail. eye candy is through the roof, especially when it gets hot.
PwC didn't have a big office in OC and about 90% of the people in audit were guys (lot of guys from BYU).  I think most of the new grads from UCLA & USC preferred to work in the LA office.  Most of the attractive women at the clients were in marketing/PR, HR, sales, and admin/receptionists. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
Oh No you didn't buy the 714 Irvine!

I once knew someone who lived in "714", he was a crass, and somewhat unintelligent fellow. Definitely a product of his environment.

P.S. Although I already said so privately, congrats again to Trojan on the attainment of the new residence.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Did you do the renos yourself? Or was it USCTrojDad coming out of retirement?

I can't wait to see what kind of work you had done... it's like the House Hunters 2-months after move-in scenes! :)
Nah, 95% of the renovations were done by 3rd party contractors (flooring, paint, demo, shutters, etc).  I took care of a lot of the clean up work and door handles hardware while my dad only installed bathroom lights and medicine cabinets and driving to the dump to haul away the trash.  My dad will install crownmolding next year after he gets his other hip replaced. 
Are the renovations finished yet? From what I saw... it was looking very nice.

Back