Observations from the front lines of the Irvine housing market?

USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
He can get Chinese, but if he wants to go Korean he's going to need to drop the M3 and get a white Mercedes, hopefully E-Class or above.
The only E-class that I would consider would be an E63 AMG but man do Mercedes drive like speedboats (very little handling).  The next step up in terms of cars for me is the 997 GT3, not sure what kind of girl that car will attract though.

Asian women hate discomfort, even in a fancy sports car. You will have a hard time convincing her to sit in bolstered seats on a lowered suspension that will cause her fake eyelashes to fall out every time you hit a speed bump. I'd think twice.

IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
He can get Chinese, but if he wants to go Korean he's going to need to drop the M3 and get a white Mercedes, hopefully E-Class or above.
The only E-class that I would consider would be an E63 AMG but man do Mercedes drive like speedboats (very little handling).  The next step up in terms of cars for me is the 997 GT3, not sure what kind of girl that car will attract though.

Asian women hate discomfort, even in a fancy sports car. You will have a hard time convincing her to sit in bolstered seats on a lowered suspension that will cause her fake eyelashes to fall out every time you hit a speed bump. I'd think twice.

That's what the EDC is for in the M.  Set it to comfort mode so it won't make her teeths chatter or put it in Sport and watch her... err.. nevermind!

homer_simpson said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

That's what the EDC is for in the M.  Set it to comfort mode so it won't make her teeths chatter or put it in Sport and watch her... err.. nevermind!

Does comfort mode actually change the ride characteristics? Never driven an M3.

A picture is worth a thousands words.

Patrick J. Star said:
qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
  The next step up in terms of cars for me is the 997 GT3, not sure what kind of girl that car will attract though.

The only kind that matters, the hot kind.

I work with a girl that lusts after a GT3.  She's 26, Chinese (half Hong Kong/half Taiwanese), and so unbelievably hot it should be criminal.  Unfortunately for you, she lives in Alhambra and sneers when I have brought up Irvine before.  Not a fan.  Swears she will never want it, even after she gets wife'd with kids --- we joke about that all the time, I tell her she'll be pushing strollers around the pocket parks and talking about Kumon with FOB's.  But she's aiming for San Marino, and not the fake one in Woodbury.  I'm pretty sure she'll get it, too.  GT3 girls are in a different league.

Do you think GT3 girls go for a big bat or fat wallet?

The Motor Court Company said:

Patrick J. Star said:
qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
  The next step up in terms of cars for me is the 997 GT3, not sure what kind of girl that car will attract though.

I work with a girl that lusts after a GT3.  She's 26, Chinese (half Hong Kong/half Taiwanese), and so unbelievably hot it should be criminal.  Unfortunately for you, she lives in Alhambra and sneers when I have brought up Irvine before.  Not a fan.  Swears she will never want it, even after she gets wife'd with kids --- we joke about that all the time, I tell her she'll be pushing strollers around the pocket parks and talking about Kumon with FOB's.  But she's aiming for San Marino, and not the fake one in Woodbury.  I'm pretty sure she'll get it, too.  GT3 girls are in a different league.

irvinehomeshopper said:

Patrick J. Star said:
qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I say fat wallet as it will match her fat LV bag.

irvinehomeowner said:
Did you do the renos yourself? Or was it USCTrojDad coming out of retirement?

I can't wait to see what kind of work you had done... it's like the House Hunters 2-months after move-in scenes! :)
Nah, 95% of the renovations were done by 3rd party contractors (flooring, paint, demo, shutters, etc).  I took care of a lot of the clean up work and door handles hardware while my dad only installed bathroom lights and medicine cabinets and driving to the dump to haul away the trash.  My dad will install crownmolding next year after he gets his other hip replaced. 

Patrick J. Star said:
qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

+1000  I'm waiting for Patrick's PM with the picture.  :D

IndieDev said:
homer_simpson said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

Does comfort mode actually change the ride characteristics? Never driven an M3.

The comfort setting makes the suspension softer, you can feel the difference.  It's not as floaty or comfy as lets say the Avalon but it's more tolerable then the Sport setting on the M. 

homer_simpson said:
Martin- Let me know when you get one, I'm getting the itch to move up as well!
I'm waiting for 2 things...for the new 991 GT3s to come out and to replenish my cash levels before I begin looking around one.  I'm leaning towards getting the 997.2 one (2010+) since they bumped the HP a decent bit with the 3.8l vs. the 3.6l. 

irvinehomeshopper said:

they think they want the fat wallet. but ultimately they realize the big bat makes them happier.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

they think they want the fat wallet. but ultimately they realize the big bat makes them happier.

But the big bat won't fit in their "Purse" ;) (Insert "That's what she said" comment)

every thread at the end all somewhat turns into something either about gambling, cars, food or sex.  Irvine is the new Vice city.

dude - why the hell do you think everyone wants to make a lot of money. More money = nicer cars, nicer restaurants, and nicer house which leads to nicer/more women, if no one those things existed i would have a government job. ultimately everything comes down to sex. if i lost my penis/nuts i may as well shoot myself in the head. there is no point in living.

Here you go Trojan. put your Persian Palatial remodel on hold and keep your wallet thick. You may need to add tissues to beef up the wallet thickness and the GT3 girls do the same with their bra.

homer_simpson said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

Patrick J. Star said:
qwerty said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I say fat wallet as it will match her fat LV bag.

every thread at the end all somewhat turns into something either about gambling, cars, food or sex.  Irvine is the new Vice city.

i think most threads end with k-pop....irvine is the new teenage korean girl city

Back