Observations from the front lines of the Irvine housing market?

Irvine Dream said:
bones said:
Irvine Dream said:
bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
All I got from these last 2 or 3 pages is that Irvine > Tustin.

#SorryQwerts

Haha. I got that as well as 1) gasman needs therapy and 2) why isn't qwerty getting out too?  Place sounds terrible. #sorryqwerts

Well from experience I can tell you this, If you don't like where you live, get out before your kids join school.  We are in TUSD and that was one of the primary reason we couldn't take the plunge on PP.  If we had I would be sitting on a ton of equity now :D.  Eventhough it is only about 5 miles from School, with two people working, every minute is a premium in the mornings on school days.

Confused. Bc you don't want your kid to switch schools?  Or they can stay at the same school, but the drive would be longer?

We did't want the kids to switch school.  Our hope was that since they have only a few years left to finish (and since they are loved by the teachers  ;D) they will let  them stay where they are, a risk I know but I was ready to take that risk.  But when adding the commute time, the risk became intolerable for my spouse. :'(

Another takeaway:I think the only ppl that wears pants on this forum is me and socal 8)

bones said:
I love how you end your posts with "buy my house" after you sell it SO well  >:D

But in all seriousness, hope you get out and get into what you want.  Thanks for the education into CS esp since I don't know much about it at all.

:) I really don't think my pool of potential buyers is on TI.  Honestly, if I went out of the way to sell this area, I'd probably need to change my name to Paris<3sCS. jk

bones said:
Another takeaway:I think the only ppl that wears pants on this forum is me and socal 8)

One more takeaway: The people on this forum who don't wear pants are the progressive thinkers that subscribe to the idea important decisions are a no-go if both don't agree

(also another takeaway, eventhough I hate to admit it - If you can't buy the property on your income alone you are forced to become a progressive thinker  :'(

qwerty said:
im only going on two years and my place doesnt back to edinger, our location is very good within columbus square, we dont have any road noise from edinger/red hill.  i really like our house, our floor plan is one of the better ones out there. 3,000 sq ft, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, loft, great room, dining room, 3 car garage. we also really like the central location. getting to target/costco takes less than 5 minutes, south coast plaza is less than 10 minutes, plenty of food places around, quick freeway access. im not hung up on IUSD like most folks here, a really nice sports park is opening summer of 2016 as well.  if the local elementary school doesnt open up by fall of 2018 then i will have to trek to myford or one of those TUSD in northern Tustin/Irvine but that is not for another 3 years.  i actually dont mind the lack of development, except the strip mall with the grocery store on kensington/edinger that hasnt happened because we do have to go to the ralphs on jamboree or culver. otherwise less neighbors/traffic.

Damn, you're doing well for a 37 yr old.  A lot of 37 yr olds nowadays still live with their parents.  Just go to Whole Foods instead of driving all the way to Ralphs, prices are not that different.

qwerty said:
its not as bad as it sounds [...]
Justify!!!

i actually dont mind the lack of development, except the strip mall with the grocery store on kensington/edinger that hasnt happened because we do have to go to the ralphs on jamboree or culver. otherwise less neighbors/traffic.
Why not get groceries at the Walmart? Be with your people!

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
its not as bad as it sounds [...]
Justify!!!

i actually dont mind the lack of development, except the strip mall with the grocery store on kensington/edinger that hasnt happened because we do have to go to the ralphs on jamboree or culver. otherwise less neighbors/traffic.

Bc he's white on the inside!!!  Too brown to shop at WF. Too white to shop at Walmart. Thus Ralph's :)

His yellow better half can do all 3 :)

Happiness said:
Damn, you're doing well for a 37 yr old.  A lot of 37 yr olds nowadays still live with their parents.  Just go to Whole Foods instead of driving all the way to Ralphs, prices are not that different.

i hate whole foods, its not about the prices. the food sucks here. i bought cinnamon roles once here and even those sucked.

irvinehomeowner said:

im always trying to run away from my people. the only thing that would get me to move out of columbus square is if i started seeing hispanics in the neighborhood  :)

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

im always trying to run away from my people. the only thing that would get me to move out of columbus square is if i started seeing hispanics in the neighborhood  :)
I am surprised that Hispanics are already not in your neighborhood.  At LA Fitness in Jamboree, I could tell that there has been a slow but steady influx of Hispanics and now they are probably the majority there.

Irvine Dream said:
bones said:

One more takeaway: The people on this forum who don't wear pants are the progressive thinkers that subscribe to the idea important decisions are a no-go if both don't agree

(also another takeaway, eventhough I hate to admit it - If you can't buy the property on your income alone you are forced to become a progressive thinker  :'(

Sooooooo what you are saying is you really don't wear the pants.... :)

bones said:
Irvine Dream said:
bones said:

Sooooooo what you are saying is you really don't wear the pants.... :)
No, I am claiming to be enlightened and a progressive thinker

qwerty said:

iStock_000009031296XSmall-1-1.jpg

Irvine Dream said:
qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I am surprised that Hispanics are already not in your neighborhood.  At LA Fitness in Jamboree, I could tell that there has been a slow but steady influx of Hispanics and now they are probably the majority there.

I am glad someone noticed that too :)

Got a lot of the older vatos using the squat rack to curl... Come on homie take that crap back to 24 hour fitness by south coast

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Guess I'll tell my low rider club that we shouldn't meet at the District this weekend.

qwerty said:

Does gardeners count? :)

lnc said:
qwerty said:

Does gardeners count? :)

i was going to qualify it for the gardeners, of course they dont count, where would i live?

Back