Obama/Clinton/MCain Position on Housing Issues

sorry to redrudge the topic...

alan, you brought up rising costs such as drugs and imaging. i'm curious to your opinion of why those costs do not go down? if pharmaceutical and imaging use is more and more common, why isn't it getting cheaper?

conversely, how come the costs of lasik, cosmetic surgery, and other elective procedures have gone down so dramatically?

[quote author="acpme" date=1209008502]sorry to redrudge the topic...

alan, you brought up rising costs such as drugs and imaging. i'm curious to your opinion of why those costs do not go down? if pharmaceutical and imaging use is more and more common, why isn't it getting cheaper?

conversely, how come the costs of lasik, cosmetic surgery, and other elective procedures have gone down so dramatically?</blockquote>
They have fire insurance. Duh.

Gee I was wondering whatever happened to Johnny & Luther Htoo, guess they immigrated to Irvine after their guerrilla army disbanded... ;p

Anyhow, Taiwan's national health care, NHI, has a virtual monopoly. Imagine if you're the supplier, and NHI buys 98% of your products. When bargaining with NHI, the supplier/provider is the one doing the begging.

Other countries pay less for medical care, because we (Americans) subsidize the industry by paying more for their profits. They pay less for more, we pay more for less. We pick up the tab for expensive medical R&D;and investor profits.

[quote author="momopi" date=1209013014]Gee I wondering whatever happened to Johnny & Luther Htoo, guess they immigrated to Irvine after their guerrilla army disbanded... ;p</blockquote>

Yet another Asian Invade Irvine Housing Blog.

Cheers......

Johnny, what exactly did you mean by that? Momo's a regular....(as long as no more shrimp paste enters the picture....)

Back