Northpark Flip: 2 Malibu

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
I would go, but then I don't know if I could contain my laughter if the listing agent is on site.
Mike, nah....Mike will be too busy trying to pitch another seller to try to list with him at a nice high price.

It's better to be busy like Mike than sitting in front of a computer and pitching business to new TI members, even though most of them already have agents.

Good thing for referrals then or else I'd be a homeless and hungry realtor.  ;)

NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
I would go, but then I don't know if I could contain my laughter if the listing agent is on site.
Mike, nah....Mike will be too busy trying to pitch another seller to try to list with him at a nice high price.

I don't get that guy. Why waste his time like this? He list a house way over what the market would actually accept, has it lingering on the MLS for 38 days, and drives to it every Saturday morning hoping some foreign asian sucker puts a suitcase of money in front of him?

Am I missing something with his business plan?

If you are so sure the house is way over the market, why don't you take my $10k bet and run away like a coward? What you miss is the intelligence to understand his business.

Okay tough guy, how do I get my money from you? Are you going to give me an address and some personal info or are you going to be like edhne and bet that it will close for this price in 25 years?

kool_105-albums-animated-gif-s-picture16345t-eating-popcorn.gif

IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

I don't get that guy. Why waste his time like this? He list a house way over what the market would actually accept, has it lingering on the MLS for 38 days, and drives to it every Saturday morning hoping some foreign asian sucker puts a suitcase of money in front of him?

If you are so sure the house is way over the market, why don't you take my $10k bet and run away like a coward? What you miss is the intelligence to understand his business.

Okay tough guy, how do I get my money from you? Are you going to give me an address and some personal info or are you going to be like edhne and bet that it will close for this price in 25 years?

Enter the octogon....

IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

I'd recommend using the admin as a 3rd party escrow company to hold both of your funds until the dust settles.  I still think a good jesture would be to donate a portion of the winnings to a worthy charity or two.

davenlei said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

Enter the octogon....

I'd do this. Let's raise it to $20,000 payable as soon as someone taps out.

USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

I'd recommend using the admin as a 3rd party escrow company to hold both of your funds until the dust settles.  I still think a good jesture would be to donate a portion of the winnings to a worthy charity or two.

Which escrow company do you recommend?

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

To not incur any fees, I would suggest the admin of this site (SoCal78, just PM her) which would be as neutral party as we can get.

IndieDev said:
davenlei said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

Enter the octogon....

You can raise it to $100k if you want. But I don't want to take advantage of you and you'd better talk to your wife or kids before making such a decision. Also you may need some professional advices.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/5-Pasadena-92602/home/5772704
Call Gary and ask him why he is wasting his time for a similar and even more overpriced house. That house is not back on Culver. Would it command $100k+ premium just for it?

NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
davenlei said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

Enter the octogon....

You can raise it to $100k if you want. But I don't want to take advantage of you and you'd better talk to your wife or kids before making such a decision. Also you may need some professional advices.http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/5-Pasadena-92602/home/5772704
Call Gary and ask him why he is wasting his time for a similar and even more overpriced house. That house is not back on Culver. Would it command $100k+ premium just for it?

Yeah yeah yeah, $100,000... $200,000... these are just numbers on a messageboard. How can I even get in contact with you? Do you have an accountant? A home number? Even an e-mail address?

If I win, I'm going to donate my $10,000 to teaching kids in Santa Ana about the relationship between economic fundamentals and markets.

USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

To not incur any fees, I would suggest the admin of this site (SoCal78, just PM her) which would be as neutral party as we can get.

I would also suggest you to join the bet for a small amount ($3000?). Without your professional advices, Indie won't be in such a situation. You should share gains and losses with him.

USCTrojanCPA said:

I'm not sending any money to an escrow until I find out that NonFCB isn't a 13 year old asian kid living in Woodbury pretending to be his dad. There is no such thing as a legal contract with some skinny asian kid typing away on his daddy's computer playing tough guy.

If he is 18 and over, I want to go through my personal accountant. He has over 1,500 clients in Irvine/Tustin, he's legit. I want to make sure NonFCB actually has $10,000 in his piggybank. If he doesn't, I should be able to put a lien on his busted Civic with the fart can exhaust, or his Schwinn bicycle.

Also here are the basic terms of the bet as I see it:

- If it closes at 1,100,000 or above, NonFCB wins.
- If it closes for a single cent below that figure, IndieDev wins.
- If the house lingers on the market for months, and is taken off the market because it can't sell, then NonFCB still loses and must pay the $10,000.
- If the house is on the MLS for 120 days, and still hasn't sold (because of stubborn seller), then NonFCB loses.
- If it goes into contract, but falls out, the bet continues until it actually closes, or is taken off market which in that case NonFCB loses.

IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

I'm not sending any money to an escrow until I find out that NonFCB isn't a 13 year old asian kid living in Woodbury pretending to be his dad. There is no such thing as a legal contract with some skinny asian kid typing away on his daddy's computer playing tough guy.

If he is 18 and over, I want to go through my personal accountant. He has over 1,500 clients in Irvine/Tustin, he's legit. I want to make sure NonFCB actually has $10,000 in his piggybank. If he doesn't, I should be able to put a lien on his busted Civic with the fart can exhaust, or his Schwinn bicycle.

You are just playing like a kid and is bullshit here. Should I also investigate you, your wife and your ancestors?? You don't even let other people know which part of Irvine you live.
Also here are the basic terms of the bet as I see it:

- If it closes at 1,100,000 or above, NonFCB wins.
Agree
- If it closes for a single cent below that figure, IndieDev wins.
Agree
- If the house lingers on the market for months, and is taken off the market because it can't sell, then NonFCB still loses and must pay the $10,000.
It's a tie and end of bet. The seller can decide to delist for whatever reasons, which is out of my control.
- If the house is on the MLS for 120 days, and still hasn't sold (because of stubborn seller), then NonFCB loses.
Change 120 day to 365 day
- If it goes into contract, but falls out, the bet continues until it actually closes, or is taken off market which in that case NonFCB loses.

It's a tie and end of bet. The seller can decide to delist for whatever reasons, which is out of my control.
No way. We know a seller won't delist if they have a flurry of activity on the property. This property has been listed for 39 days. If it gets delisted now, we both know it's because the seller couldn't find some foreign asian sucker to gouge at his asking price, which is a lose for you because it totally trashes your original claims about how well priced this house is.

You're kidding right? Markets can change in WEEKS, let alone months. I'm not going to give you an entire year to see if some sucker is going to come along and maybe validate your claim, the entire market could be different in a year.

I'm already giving you 4 months to prove your theory correct which I feel is more than fair. If you can't prove it in that time frame, then you're simply wrong that the home was priced right for the "current" market, in which case you owe me $10,000 big ones.

NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
NonFCB said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:
NonFCB said:
IndieDev said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
IndieDev said:

I would also suggest you to join the bet for a small amount ($3000?). Without your professional advices, Indie won't be in such a situation. You should share gains and losses with him.
Ok, you talked me into it....same terms as Indie spelled out.

IndieDev said:
TustinRanchResident said:
Looks like Indie has finally met his match!!

We'll see! NonFCB has about 3 months to prove his point.
Can you add $3,000 for my side bet with NonFCB with your accountant/financial advisor....PM me where I need to send the check.

IndieDev said:
No way. We know a seller won't delist if they have a flurry of activity on the property. This property has been listed for 39 days. If it gets delisted now, we both know it's because the seller couldn't find some foreign asian sucker to gouge at his asking price, which is a lose for you because it totally trashes your original claims about how well priced this house is.

You're kidding right? Markets can change in WEEKS, let alone months. I'm not going to give you an entire year to see if some sucker is going to come along and maybe validate your claim, the entire market could be different in a year.

I'm already giving you 4 months to prove your theory correct which I feel is more than fair. If you can't prove it in that time frame, then you're simply wrong that the home was priced right for the "current" market, in which case you owe me $10,000 big ones.
How about we split the middle and say that it has to close by Labor Day 2011?  That's another 3.5+ months.

Back