Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

Perhaps they think this home is going to support the appraisal:

Well, this one has a much bigger lot, 5587 sq ft vs. 4352 sq ft, so that won't fly. Even then, the one on 303 Paradiso was way overpriced. Seller of 100 Avento is just delusional.

Edit: I just checked the photos from 303 Paradiso. It's a view lot, so $3.3M may be reasonable for it, considering it looks like they put a lot in the backyard as well. Photos for 100 Avento don't show anything, so I can't tell if it's a view lot or not, but most likely not, considering it sold for $2.36M.

Last edited:
This one genuinely shocked me...about 600k over ask.

An attached 2 level condo for 2.33m. This isn't Lake Louise or Moraine Lake... The owner better be swimming in that lake everyday for the rest of his/her life. Even then the premium is not justified.

Last edited:
Ok, this place is crazy, recently a nearby house was listed for 1.55m and sold for 1.65m, closing on 5/1. Now this place is asking $1.8m!

Closed for $1,780,000 on 06/07/23

I can see a premium on Bridgeview given the location, but $2.3m for a home that seems to still have builder original windows? No thanks.

Curious if this location has a view of the mountains on a clear day. Anyone know?

An attached 2 level condo for 2.33m. This isn't Lake Louise or Moraine Lake... The owner better be swimming in that lake everyday for the rest of his/her life. Even then the premium is not justified.

Insane. I love that neighborhood but what an insane sales price. Maybe it's the plastic surgeon down the footpath.

The thought of swimming in North Lake makes me shudder. I get the feeling it wasn't a local who bought that because I don't see anyone familiar with Woodbridge paying that much for that place...I just don't.

This closed for $400k over asking... wow
I kind of understand the selling price because it's somewhat thoroughly renovated which isn't common in TR Summit & has a decent sized backyard, but at the same time, I'm kind of surprised about the price because that street butts up to Ridgeline & the back gate. This home backs up to the gate & isn't as secluded or deep inside the gated community. I honestly thought that would make it sell for less.

I guess that happens when there's lack of inventory. If the buyer really wants to live in this community, then there isn't much of a choice.

I definitely agree with the thoughts above. This is a beautiful guard-gated neighborhood with larger homes/lots in Turtle Rock. The fact that there these are getting so much over asking makes me feel like the high end is having a resurgence in Irvine. I look forward to hearing USC's next report.

These homes are also more custom....They aren't cookie cutter homes like most of Irvine and lots are huge. You don't have windows that can look directly into your entire room....Also not an attached condo :)

And no MR......

These homes are also more custom....They aren't cookie cutter homes like most of Irvine and lots are huge. You don't have windows that can look directly into your entire room....Also not an attached condo :)

And no MR......
Eh...they're still cookie cutter tract homes made by Standard Pacific. Think of them as luxury homes though, definitely not basic. Well, the Meryton tract is more basic than the tract the Knowles home is in. The tract & floorplans that the Meryton home is in actually has been duplicated in numerous places. That being said, I love that community.

Back