Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

$680/mo HOA fees more than make up for MR though. :ROFLMAO:

Ravello at OH, $299/mo HOA + $300/mo MR = $600/mo total.
Same for Cetera at OH.

Still less than $680/mo HOA.

Can't argue with huge lots though.

$680/mo HOA fees more than make up for MR though. :ROFLMAO:

Ravello at OH, $299/mo HOA + $300/mo MR = $600/mo total.
Same for Cetera at OH.

Still less than $680/mo HOA.

Can't argue with huge lots though.
The HOA at TR Summit doesn't even make sense...They only have 1 pool. I'm guessing it has to do with the abundance of community landscape or something because otherwise I'm stumped. I don't know if you've ever been inside the community, but there aren't any real amenities that justify their HOA.

Not an Irvine home, but a WTF, reach for the sky, I have no shame list price.

Closed July 2022 - $15.5m
Listed
July 2023 - with zero improvements... $28.5m

MAX ROI BAYEE BEEEE

Three Arch Bay is always crazy with its prices, but 28M for 4k square feet?!

Bridgeview was smaller, but an end unit which carries more value. This one on Lakeview has a plenty of "view" for that eye watering price, but being a middle unit is sometimes a "No" for a buyer. I'm gonna stick with no more than the list price as to where it will close.

Final offer.

Bridgeview was smaller, but an end unit which carries more value. This one on Lakeview has a plenty of "view" for that eye watering price, but being a middle unit is sometimes a "No" for a buyer. I'm gonna stick with no more than the list price as to where it will close.

Final offer.
Bridgeview is also more like an attached SFR versus this one being a true townhouse between two people so I'm curious to see how much it goes for.

lol were all the upgrades done by the current owner including landscape? selling it for 1m+ more in 2months with no upgrades done seems a bit ridiculous.

lol were all the upgrades done by the current owner including landscape? selling it for 1m+ more in 2months with no upgrades done seems a bit ridiculous.
I feel like its bunch of investors treating these homes like stocks. Someone is hyping up investors, closing these deals, and selling again to the next group of investors.

I checked the Title ... It's a condo - not a townhouse.
Yeah, I kind of take classifications with a grain of salt because it can vary per person. I said it's LIKE a true townhouse because it's 2 levels and smack dab between two people. Lots of people would say that's a townhouse. But whatever floats your (or the title's) boat!

Last edited:
Yeah, I kind of take classifications with a grain of salt because it can vary per person. I said it's LIKE a true townhouse because it's 2 levels and smack dab between two people. Lots of people would say that's a townhouse. But whatever floats your (or the title's) boat!
The difference is significant when buying Real Estate. When you buy a townhouse that means you're buying the inside, outside and land. But the major part is how lenders view them - townhomes don't have special qualification parameters - they're similar to Single Family Residences.

When you buy a condo you're buying only the inside - you don't own the outside or land, and lenders have restrictions with them ... they need to be approved first or you can't receive financing, which impacts marketability and liquidity. With conventional financing they need to be approved with Fannie/Freddie. With FHA they need to be approved by HUD, every two years. With VA it's a one time approval but they still need to fit VA's guidelines. And when you get a loan, they take a hit in pricing and/or interest rates - just because it's a condo.

The difference between condos and townhomes is significant and shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt.

The difference is significant when buying Real Estate. When you buy a townhouse that means you're buying the inside, outside and land. But the major part is how lenders view them - townhomes don't have special qualification parameters - they're similar to Single Family Residences.

When you buy a condo you're buying only the inside - you don't own the outside or land, and lenders have restrictions with them ... they need to be approved first or you can't receive financing, which impacts marketability and liquidity. With conventional financing they need to be approved with Fannie/Freddie. With FHA they need to be approved by HUD, every two years. With VA it's a one time approval but they still need to fit VA's guidelines. And when you get a loan, they take a hit in pricing and/or interest rates - just because it's a condo.

The difference between condos and townhomes is significant and shouldn't be taken with a grain of salt.
I'm referring to personal classifications. The same way people say they live in a "house" but it's really a detached condo. That's their own personal classification. I'm not talking about the technical ins and outs.

Back