• New forum software - please post issues in this thread

Newer Irvine listings with crazy WTF asking prices from equity sellers

usctrojancpa

I believe it was the last episode, they were doing a summary and someone said he had a house in Irvine they were listing soon at $8.8. Now it is listed at $8.8 and I hear they received some offers above $8 already

That other one on Trailmaster has been sitting for a bit already. Doubtful if they get much over $3m at this point let alone mid $3m. The one at 203 Trailmaster was listed 10 days after they purchased it from Shea homes at $3,677,000, just enough time to stage it and take pictures. haha

sleepy5136

Some of us will be happy if this goes for asking (myself included).
Cetara Plan 2 w/ big lot but backyard/frontyard needs to be done (extra $300-500k needed?)

Homes like these are difficult to sell without landscaping done. Especially in this market.

sleepy5136

That other one on Trailmaster has been sitting for a bit already. Doubtful if they get much over $3m at this point let alone mid $3m. The one at 203 Trailmaster was listed 10 days after they purchased it from Shea homes at $3,677,000, just enough time to stage it and take pictures. haha
wow. IP made Shea charge a huge lot premium on 203. 211 sold for 2.65m but their lot is quite small.

Goriot

I believe it was the last episode, they were doing a summary and someone said he had a house in Irvine they were listing soon at $8.8. Now it is listed at $8.8 and I hear they received some offers above $8 already
This listing went pending. Curious what the sold price would be.

usctrojancpa

I know this one has a slightly bigger lot but come now, this price is nuts....

I doubt they'll even get $2.5m (the owner are Portola Springs agents) so they should know better.

usctrojancpa

Ummmm this seller didn't get the memo that prices are down from 6 months ago or maybe they drank too much eggnog...

There was a larger Plan 4 corner that closed a few days ago on Nov. 22nd for $2.34m....

The seller will get in the low $2s and will take months and months to get there.

CalBears96

Ummmm this seller didn't get the memo that prices are down from 6 months ago or maybe they drank too much eggnog...

There was a larger Plan 4 corner that closed a few days ago on Nov. 22nd for $2.34m....

The seller will get in the low $2s and will take months and months to get there.
Some sellers are just delusional.

CalBears96

Not only that, but they are also only offering a 1.50% buyer agent commission when every other listing in Orchard Hills is offering 2% or more to buyer agents.
Isn't that more of a seller agent problem though? I mean, the seller agent charges a certain % and then (s)he decides how to split it. Could be a greedy agent that charges 4% and then only gives 1.5% to buyer agent.

someguy

Isn't that more of a seller agent problem though? I mean, the seller agent charges a certain % and then (s)he decides how to split it. Could be a greedy agent that charges 4% and then only gives 1.5% to buyer agent.
Possible for an inattentive seller, though the amount paid to the buyer's agent's broker can be specified on page 1 section 3 D of the residential listing agreement in terms of %, $, or seller's agent's broker's policy. I would hope the seller reviews this before signing the RLA and bet all good agents discuss this with the seller in advance.

usctrojancpa

Chances are that if the buyer agent is getting 1.50% then the listing agent is only getting 1.50%. Some buyers will consult their realtor which home they would recommend if they like more than one home so those agents will steer their buyers to homes that are offering a higher commission amount.

irviniteeee

They just purchased this home in LA for 3.05M in April and are now selling it for 3.339.

CalBears96

They just purchased this home in LA for 3.05M in April and are now selling it for 3.339.

They seem to be forgetting that April was the peak. :ROFLMAO:

Maserson

10/2021 Listed for 3.6, sold 3 weeks later for 3.7
4/2022 Listed for 4.28, sold 1 month later for 4.6
7/2022 listed for 4.99, relisted again for same.

What's up with the churn? Getting money out of China?