NEW WOODBURY EAST OPENING DATE

IRVINITEEEE_IHB

I was just on the Irvine website and now Woodbury East is opening in 2009. When i was just there at the Celadon Models, the guy said Summer of this year. I guess Irvine moved the date. Those model homes that have been sitting over there are gonna be ancient by Summer 2009...

[quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1208755001]I was just on the Irvine website and now Woodbury East is opening in 2009. When i was just there at the Celadon Models, the guy said Summer of this year. I guess Irvine moved the date. Those model homes that have been sitting over there are gonna be ancient by Summer 2009...</blockquote>

Yeah! Buy a new home that's 3 years old!

I remember reading in the blog that 2 or 3 homes had been purchased. Wondering if these people are still waiting to move-in!

They must have just moved the date. A month ago they were going to "open" (really, reopen) WBE in Summer 2008 according to the website. I had thought that this project was designed for more affordable housing. I wonder if the City gave them some kind of extension to build?

Well, Orchard Hill was coming Summers (or was it Fall?) 2008, then Summer 2009, and now 2011! Lets see if that 2009 becomes 2011 soon.

but hey, at least Woodbury still has those two new apartment complexes coming

I feel bad for Sienna by Cal Pac. It is a good project but postponed because the neighboring project has not sold. I seldom make recommendations of worthy projects and I did like this project when I walked it right before Cal Pac roofed the homes. I hope they will be priced right!

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1208915232]I feel bad for Sienna by Cal Pac. It is a good project but postponed because the neighboring project has not sold. I seldom make recommendations of worthy projects and I did like this project when I walked it right before Cal Pac roofed the homes. I hope they will be priced right!</blockquote>
With your recommendation, bk, I am sure they will sell well to IHB'ers if they price it within reason.

They are detached townhomes. Here's the thread that raymond started:

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/413/">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/413/</a>

Sienna does look like a good project. Some people like detached condos but are looking for a bigger version. I think this project would sell if opened and priced nicely.

[quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1208938086]Sienna does look like a good project. Some people like detached condos but are looking for a bigger version. I think this project would sell if opened and priced nicely.</blockquote>

in the past detached condos were smaller than attached townhouses. Consumers did like the benefit of a detached home but would like to have more space. Some bought townhomes for this reason also are willing to put up with shared walls. Sienna is the biggest detached condo project so far and will certainly satisfy the footage appetite of the traditional townhome buyers. Pricing would be the key to its success.

The difficult part is how to have enough differential price differences for numerous attached homes directly below this segmentation like the neighboring Celadon project. If the price of Sienna is too low then it is really hard to separate pricing niche for the lower line products.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1208946718][quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1208938086]Sienna does look like a good project. Some people like detached condos but are looking for a bigger version. I think this project would sell if opened and priced nicely.</blockquote>

in the past detached condos were smaller than attached townhouses. Consumers did like the benefit of a detached home but would like to have more space. Some bought townhomes for this reason also are willing to put up with shared walls. Sienna is the biggest detached condo project so far and will certainly satisfy the footage appetite of the traditional townhome buyers. Pricing would be the key to its success.

The difficult part is how to have enough differential price differences for numerous attached homes directly below this segmentation like the neighboring Celadon project. If the price of Sienna is too low then it is really hard to separate pricing niche for the lower line products.</blockquote>

Yeah that's a good point. Hmmm, I just wish they would open Woodbury East and lower prices. IRVINE NEEDS TO GET OVER THEMSELVES. I don't know if they don't want to lower prices because they don't want "certain" people moving in, or if they're just idiots....lol

[quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1208951119][quote author="bkshopr" date=1208946718][quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1208938086]Sienna does look like a good project. Some people like detached condos but are looking for a bigger version. I think this project would sell if opened and priced nicely.</blockquote>

The difficult part is how to have enough differential price differences for numerous attached homes directly below this segmentation like the neighboring Celadon project. If the price of Sienna is too low then it is really hard to separate pricing niche for the lower line products.</blockquote>

Yeah that's a good point. Hmmm, I just wish they would open Woodbury East and lower prices. IRVINE NEEDS TO GET OVER THEMSELVES. I don't know if they don't want to lower prices because they don't want "certain" people moving in, or if they're just idiots....lol</blockquote>

"They" are no idiots. "they" are not trying to prevent "certain people" moving in. That is not the motive. The underlining reason is profit. As "certain people" become wealthy they are welcome regarless of moral or criminal history.

Very perceptive. Yes, in Woodbury, the detached townhomes are smaller and the ceilings are lower. While the attached townhomes are just the opposite.

So I can still drive down Sand Canyon for a couple more years without having to put up with loads of traffic like there are on Culver? I like that.

[quote author="reason" date=1208955282]Very perceptive. Yes, in Woodbury, the detached townhomes are smaller and the ceilings are lower. While the attached townhomes are just the opposite.</blockquote>

Good observation Reason. The smaller scale proportion is what gives the detached condos their charm just like the structures on both sides of Main Street in Disneyland. The structures are taller and wider at the Train Station with tall towers and the buildings get progressively narrower and shorter toward the Castle. Doors, windows, and porches are also reduced in scale as well.

This forced perspective gives a illusion that Main Street is much longer and grander toward the Castle. By the end of a long exhausting day from standing in line and walking as people leave the theme park the Main Street appears to be shorter looking back toward the Train station.

The classical proportion of the detached condos is taller at the ground floor and slightly shorter at the upper floor in avoiding the top heavy McMansion proportion that we all hate so much. All classical structures have a much taller ground floor and reduced proportion for the subsequent levels above.

I see human body and building the same way. We all can tell immediately when a human body has unusual proportion and building should be viewed the same way. Long legs or taller ground floor has better aesthetic appeal! Long waist and short legs are the townhomes that Reason described.

Women can wear heels to improve the longer leg proportion but the townhouse could not be jacked up today. This is the reason many older structures were built with raised foundations and several steps walking up to the front door because it is a much better proportion and also solved flooding and snow problems.

Back