New Ravello at The Groves - No Sewer Pipe in Backyard

Lanelgn

Hi,

I'm currently working on the landscape for my new Ravello at The Groves, and I've just discovered that there is no sewer pipe or sewer inlet (aka exterior waste access) in my backyard.

This means that I need to demo the driveway and run a long drain from my backyard to the front yard. This is a major unexpected expense and inconvenience, and I'm very disappointed that the builder did not install a sewer pipe in the backyard during construction.

I'm wondering if anyone else in The Groves has had this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? I'm also open to any advice on how to minimize the cost and disruption of installing the new drain.

In addition, does anyone familiar with the building code about the location of the sewer inlet?

Thanks,

Do you have your lot exhibit? Area drain are usually marked on them (see below an example of Cielo lot plan).

1697174577232.png

Do you have a curb in front of your house? You can usually trace back a landscape drain pipe from the outlet in the curb.

I didn’t have one in Cetera either but luckily I wanted to redo my driveway. Does seem like a major inconvenience for my neighbors though who opted not to do demo their driveway

I didn’t have one in Cetera either but luckily I wanted to redo my driveway. Does seem like a major inconvenience for my neighbors though who opted not to do demo their driveway
It's fortunate that you're content with the current driveway setup. I don't want to demo the driveway because of Ravello's limited front yard space. Regarding the drain, have you experienced any issues with its functionality? I'm wondering if there might be a need for a lengthy channel connecting it to the driveway. Additionally, do you think there's enough slope for proper drainage?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info!

Back