New Listing - View Lot Home in Lake Forest @ Baker Ranch (33 Heliotrope)

It's crazy even attached condos (both walls attached) are going for ~1.1m in LF.... Insane. way too expensive if you ask me and not worth the price.

That's insane especially for Lake Forest. I have heard that the buyers who are priced out of Irvine consider Lake Forest as the "next best thing" even with the subpar school district in Lake Forest which doesn't seem to be making any difference to the home prices there.

That's insane especially for Lake Forest. I have heard that the buyers who are priced out of Irvine consider Lake Forest as the "next best thing" even with the subpar school district in Lake Forest which doesn't seem to be making any difference to the home prices there.
If school district is a problem, the amount you save buying in LF will easily help fund your kid for private school. Why pay a premium for a public school?

If school district is a problem, the amount you save buying in LF will easily help fund your kid for private school. Why pay a premium for a public school?
I heard that's what some of the buyers who bought at the Meadows recently are doing and sending their kids to private schools instead of the assigned public schools in Lake Forest.

This assumes private school > public school. Not necessarily the case given the private school choices in this part of the county. If you’re doing white flight out of Irvine or priced out, the better choice would be to move a smidge more south and do Capo Unified. Way better schools than Saddleback. But that… new… home…. smell.

OC has only 1 high end private - Sage Hill. The rest are nothingburgers, wastes of tuition $$ for less competitive atmospheres than ET High. Also, in LF you can send your kid to MV or Capo.

This assumes private school > public school. Not necessarily the case given the private school choices in this part of the county. If you’re doing white flight out of Irvine or priced out, the better choice would be to move a smidge more south and do Capo Unified. Way better schools than Saddleback. But that… new… home…. smell.
Wouldn't Rancho Mission Viejo serve this purpose, with that new home smell? 😂 There's a real estate agent on YouTube saying it's the new Irvine when she was promoting several new builds in Rancho Mission Viejo.

White flight?! Lol

RMV is in the boonies and the HOAs are way too high.
Well, everything is in the boonies until it isn't. I'm sure North Irvine was kind of the same in the beginning. I mean, according to some people, PS is far away from everything, right? 😂 Aren't the high HOAs for condos, though? I'm sure that SFRs should be somewhat lower.

Well, everything is in the boonies until it isn't. I'm sure North Irvine was kind of the same in the beginning. I mean, according to some people, PS is far away from everything, right? 😂 Aren't the high HOAs for condos, though? I'm sure that SFRs should be somewhat lower.
PS being in the boonies of Irvine is totally different than RMV. Unless you're in Sendero, you're wayyyy out there. One of my old colleagues bought out there and it's like going to another state :ROFLMAO:.

Detached homes have an HOA of 300 there. Pretty high MR too. Tax rate is about 2% in the newer parts of RMV.

I know what it is, but I haven't heard that being used in recent years so I was taken aback.
old news - started in San Marino and Arcadia in the 80s and Silicon Valley has been this way for a while. Ever heard the term Chan Marino? Who do you think goes to the Catholic/Christian high schools? Even now in Cupertino a buddy (white) pulled his kids out of Monta Vista, the most desired HS in Si Valley, to go to a high school program (Middle College High) at DeAnza JC as it's less intense.

Wouldn't Rancho Mission Viejo serve this purpose, with that new home smell? 😂 There's a real estate agent on YouTube saying it's the new Irvine when she was promoting several new builds in Rancho Mission Viejo.
That real estate agent must be comparing apples to oranges!

I have seen some agents on Youtube who target their videos to foreign buyers telling them that Orchard Hills is walking distance to the lake even though it is a reservoir! 🤣

I’ve been very clear about my personal thoughts of schooling. There isn’t that many ways to teach 1+1 or calculating a derivative. I’d rather focus my efforts on having my kid be gritty than have 4.0 GPA but will be useless when they are in the real world solving real problems

Back