New Homes coming to Woodbury in 2010

[quote author="rickhunter" date=1248390226]Very good question!

Now this is something TIC probably considered in their planning. I think they are trying to place a premium to live in Woodbury versus Woodbury East.

[quote author="kkanchan" date=1248329785]I was wondering why the new homes are selling for less $/sq ft compared to resales? Is it because of the mello roos and high HOAs that come with new Irvine homes? Or is because resales tend to be on bigger lots compared to new homes in communities like Woodbury?</blockquote></blockquote>

Ask bk, he said they were going to be triplex homes at $375/sqft. Not sure how you can get the triplex part wrong since the model homes have been up for over 2 years.

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1248401445][quote author="rickhunter" date=1248390226]Very good question!

Now this is something TIC probably considered in their planning. I think they are trying to place a premium to live in Woodbury versus Woodbury East.

[quote author="kkanchan" date=1248329785]I was wondering why the new homes are selling for less $/sq ft compared to resales? Is it because of the mello roos and high HOAs that come with new Irvine homes? Or is because resales tend to be on bigger lots compared to new homes in communities like Woodbury?</blockquote></blockquote>

Ask bk, he said they were going to be triplex homes at $375/sqft. Not sure how you can get the triplex part wrong since the model homes have been up for over 2 years.</blockquote>

I was projecting a triplex at $333/sf and detached homes at $375/sf. The Lyon's 4/5/6 plex project was built several year ago and I was not specifically referring to this one but some of the 6 projects that are currently on the drawing board. Triplex or higher makes a lot of sense for the land financial equation. 3-plex and 4 plex to me are very similar. 4-plex generates a higher density by having fewer side yards between buildings thus allowing prices to come down.

The Irvine Company made a smart move to lowering prices the last minute even though the media advertisement had already published prices starting from mid-high 300's. The initial success generated absorption and buying frenzy buzz necessary for a massive media campaign.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1248409870][quote author="asianinvasian" date=1248401445][quote author="rickhunter" date=1248390226]Very good question!

Ask bk, he said they were going to be triplex homes at $375/sqft. Not sure how you can get the triplex part wrong since the model homes have been up for over 2 years.</blockquote>

I was projecting a triplex at $333/sf and detached homes at $375/sf. The Lyon's 4/5/6 plex project was built several year ago and I was not specifically referring to this one but some of the 6 projects that are currently on the drawing board. Triplex or higher makes a lot of sense for the land financial equation. 3-plex and 4 plex to me are very similar. 4-plex generates a higher density by having fewer side yards between buildings thus allowing prices to come down.

The Irvine Company made a smart move to lowering prices the last minute even though the media advertisement had already published prices starting from mid-high 300's. The initial success generated absorption and buying frenzy buzz necessary for a massive media campaign.</blockquote>
What will TIC do with pricing if we go through a double dip recession due to more stress on the financial institutions?

Master Plan for Tract 17246

Floor Plan Dwelling

Unit Count Total

Square Feet Number of

Bedrooms/Bathrooms

Conventional Product (50? x 80?)

Plan 1 21 2,465 3-bed/2.5-bath

Plan 2 21 2,635 4-bed/3-bath

Plan 3 22 2,694 4-bed/4-bath

Subtotal: 64

Cottage Lane Product (Cluster)

Plan 1 24 1,770 3-bed/2.5-bath

Plan 2/2A 24 2,044 3-bed/2.5-bath

Plan 3 28 2,094 3-bed/2.5-bath

Subtotal: 76

TOTAL 140 total units are planned to be built.

I wonder if these homes are going to be classified as single family homes or detached condos. If prices are right, I may pull the trigger.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250215350]Master Plan for Tract 17246

Floor Plan Dwelling

Unit Count Total

Square Feet Number of

Bedrooms/Bathrooms

TOTAL 140 total units are planned to be built.</blockquote>

What will be the cross streets for this buildout?

[quote author="optimusprime" date=1250216115][quote author="PANDA" date=1250215350]Master Plan for Tract 17246

Floor Plan Dwelling

Unit Count Total

Square Feet Number of

Bedrooms/Bathrooms

What will be the cross streets for this buildout?</blockquote>

Optimus, I checked out the site with roundcorners two weeks ago. The surrounding roads are Long Meadows, Vintage, Regal, and Jeffery. I like this location because the development is in between Villa Rosas and Mills Fluers. You and I may become neighbors after all. I am afraid we are going to have some serious competition with chinese dudes showing up with their suit cases of cash. I have a feeling that first phase for these homes will be selling at $300 ppsf.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250216896][quote author="optimusprime" date=1250216115][quote author="PANDA" date=1250215350]Master Plan for Tract 17246

Floor Plan Dwelling

Unit Count Total

Square Feet Number of

Bedrooms/Bathrooms

What will be the cross streets for this buildout?</blockquote>

Optimus, I checked out the site with roundcorners two weeks ago. The surrounding roads are Long Meadows, Vintage, Regal, and Jeffery. I like this location because the development is in between Villa Rosas and Mills Fluers. You and I may become neighbors after all. I am afraid we are going to have some serious competition with chinese dudes showing up with their suit cases of cash.</blockquote>

Good spot. I was afraid it would be further back closer to Sand Canyon. Looks like it will be just across the street from Northwood II.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250215350]Master Plan for Tract 17246

Floor Plan Dwelling

Unit Count Total

Square Feet Number of

Bedrooms/Bathrooms

Do you know who the builder is?

AI,

I have no idea who the builders will be. If the 1750ppsf units sell at $550,000.00 I think I would pull the trigger. I am afraid that these homes will be sold out in 15 minutes like Woodbury east. That size home would be perfect size to live in for 2 years and then rent it out

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250850963]AI,

I have no idea who the builders will be. If the 1750ppsf units sell at $550,000.00 I think I would pull the trigger. I am afraid that these homes will be sold out in 15 minutes like Woodbury east. That size home would be perfect size to live in for 2 years and then rent it out</blockquote>

Most Asians think like you and this was the reason WEast was sold out in 15 minutes.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250854907]Panda, think about what you just wrote. Should you buy a home that you plan to move out of even before you move in?</blockquote>

This is the primary reason why neighbors do not invest their emotion in friendship.

This is just awful like "I plan on divorcing you in 2 years but I will marry you for the time being until I find a better wife in a few years."

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1250855772][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250854907]Panda, think about what you just wrote. Should you buy a home that you plan to move out of even before you move in?</blockquote>

This is the primary reason why neighbors do not invest their emotion in friendship.

This is just awful like "I plan on divorcing you in 2 years but I will marry you for the time being until I find a better wife in a few years."</blockquote>

I guess the old and familiar are passe.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1250855772][quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1250854907]Panda, think about what you just wrote. Should you buy a home that you plan to move out of even before you move in?</blockquote>

This is just awful like "I plan on divorcing you in 2 years but I will marry you for the time being until I find a better wife in a few years."</blockquote>

Bk... but isn't IHB Panda's neigbors where i can invest my emotion into a friend?

Actually, I was planning on getting married to a virgin (new construction) every two years, staying married with five wives for 10 years, and then divorcing (selling) 4 wives and keeping my favorite wife into retirement because Panda sucks at picking stocks.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250898418]

Actually, I was planning on getting married to a virgin (new construction) every two years, staying married with five wives for 10 years, and then divorcing (selling) 4 wives and keeping my favorite wife into retirement because Panda sucks at picking stocks.</blockquote>

Hey, that's my plan! Let me know if you find a good rental management company.

[quote author="PANDA" date=1250898418]

Actually, I was planning on getting married to a virgin (new construction) every two years, staying married with five wives for 10 years, and then divorcing (selling) 4 wives and keeping my favorite wife into retirement because Panda sucks at picking stocks.</blockquote>
The problem here, is how to afford the alimony.

In a bubble, it was easy, because you can use your first wife to marry your second... it's not going to be like that for a while... if ever.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250923715][quote author="PANDA" date=1250898418]

In a bubble, it was easy, because you can use your first wife to marry your second... it's not going to be like that for a while... if ever.</blockquote>

IHO, i will have to try to marry the second without borrowing money from the first. If recession deepens and my business suffers it may take four years. Two years is just a goal i have set for myself to acquire a new property. In a more serious note, we all have decisions in what vehicle we drive to reach our retirement goals. Bondtrader is very good with stocks so that may be his vehicle for his retirement goals. I have chosen Irvine Real Estate to be mine. The second business I've been wanting to start is a property management company that focusing on SFRs and some industrial in Irvine. I would start by initially managing my own portfolio of properties.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1250923715][quote author="PANDA" date=1250898418]

In a bubble, it was easy, because you can use your first wife to marry your second... it's not going to be like that for a while... if ever.</blockquote>

Just when I thought I'd seen it all... a housing/polygamy conceit!

-IR2 (aka alimony)

Back