New Homes coming to Woodbury in 2010

kayochan_IHB

Just read in the March issue of the Woodbury community newsletter that new homes will be coming to Woodbury in 2010. (See the woodburyhoa.org site for more info.). They are planning to build 140 homes (1785-2743 sqft) with a "California" room as well as a flex room. (By the way, what is a California room?)

California Room translates to: Builder wants to reduce costs every where they can, less drywall = less costs = giant rooms with no walls.

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1236346192]Then what's a flex room?</blockquote>

It's a "flexible" multi-purpose room. You can use it as a master bedroom, media center, master bathroom, laundry room or a ball room.

Is this in the southeast corner off of where Mille Fleur's last phase was? I think that's the only vacant are in WB and I thought they were going to be smaller CalPac homes.

*If* these do get built in 2010... what do you guys think the starting prices would be? With Villa Rosa still asking $1m... how low can these go?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1236351754]Is this in the southeast corner off of where Mille Fleur's last phase was? I think that's the only vacant are in WB and I thought they were going to be smaller CalPac homes.

*If* these do get built in 2010... what do you guys think the starting prices would be? With Villa Rosa still asking $1m... how low can these go?</blockquote>

The new WB homes will be near the corner of Long Meadow & Vintage per the <a href="http://woodburyhoa.org/show_file.php?id=20760">announcement</a>. I think IUSD decided to put the middle school near the corner of Trabucco & Jeffery.

There are still several large vacant areas in WB. CalPac was supposed to start building Andalucia (basically Campanile plans on smaller lots and IUSD) at the corner of Sand Canyon & Trabucco. Now the model homes sit empty waiting for a market recovery or maybe the whole project will be scrapped.

There area also two large areas near the WB Elementry School, one near Great Lawn & Revival and the other near Great Lawn & Hallmark--that was supposed to be the rest of the La Casella town homes by Lennar. They shut that project down midstream and now the lots sit empty and the models were sold off.

There are also empty areas along Town Gate but I think those are ?future John Laing Four Quartets homes. The areas along City Stroll I am not sure but I think they are designated for another builder already.

Typical... replacing a school site with more homes... I think they did that with Calpac homes in Northpark Square.

Is there even space on Sand/Trabuco for the new middle school?

Didn't know about the other projects shutting down... is Villa Rosa even sold through yet?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1236351754]Is this in the southeast corner off of where Mille Fleur's last phase was? I think that's the only vacant are in WB and I thought they were going to be smaller CalPac homes.

*If* these do get built in 2010... what do you guys think the starting prices would be? With Villa Rosa still asking $1m... how low can these go?</blockquote>

I just hope it's not 2005-2006 pricing. :)

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1236390288]Typical... replacing a school site with more homes... I think they did that with Calpac homes in Northpark Square.

Didn't know about the other projects shutting down... is Villa Rosa even sold through yet?</blockquote>

There's a ton of new area in the new development... Across the street from Woodbury.

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1236408241]There's a ton of new area in the new development... Across the street from Woodbury.</blockquote>
Are you talking about Woodbury East? Isn't that smaller condo type homes?

And Stonegate isn't slated for purchases yet... only thing opened there now is apartments.

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1236408241][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1236390288]Typical... replacing a school site with more homes... I think they did that with Calpac homes in Northpark Square.

Didn't know about the other projects shutting down... is Villa Rosa even sold through yet?</blockquote>

There's a ton of new area in the new development... Across the street from Woodbury.</blockquote>

The area bounded by I5, Sand Canyon, Jeffrey, & Trabuco is called Planning Area 40...here is <a href="http://www.pa40update.com/index.aspx">great link</a> giving you details on TICs plan for basically Woodbury II but more freeway and train noise.

It should also contain the IUSDs newest middle school for the area at the corner of Jeffrey & Trabuco.

Here is also the link to IHBs old thread on <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/202/#Item_1">PA40</a>.

You think they'll do WBII before Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossing?

I don't know how LC is going to be... looking at the area they have mapped out for it... seems like the roads/neighborhood/home placement is going to be weird.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1236409554]You think they'll do WBII before Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossing?

I don't know how LC is going to be... looking at the area they have mapped out for it... seems like the roads/neighborhood/home placement is going to be weird.</blockquote>

The timing for all these projects have been significantly delayed due to the downturn in the economy. I am surprised that they are starting such a big project in WB as soon as 2010. I don't think the economy or the RE market will be anywhere near a recovery by then. If I remember right OH and LC are delayed until 2011. That sounds about right to me. I would think WBII would be around that time as well at the earliest.

Although new construction has dried up significantly in the area I am not sure what the demand will be. I guess if the price is right people will buy. But I am doubtful they will price it aggressively enough to compete with resales/REO in the area by 2010. Their only hope is the home layout and features are spectacular and the price premium is minimal.

Maybe someone can check whether this is true...the MelloRoos for the new WB area might not be as bad as the surrounding WB SFRs since the land was originally designated for a school. I believe there is no MR at Campanile but just the 1915 AD BOND MY as a special assessment~$2K. They are not that high for new construction and those properties were built in 2007 on land designated for TUSD to build a school at Northpark Square. Are the fees less for this type of land?

The empty space on City Stroll was supposed to be Esplanade by Taylor Woodrow Homes. I don't know if you remember, but a few years back they were supposed to have one of those townhomes in the home raffle. They never got built though. Also, I wonder if these new homes in Woodbury are going to be built by Calpac because it says "submitted by The Irvine Company", and they run Calpac right?

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1236417312]Why would land designed for future school have a lower MR than surrounding communities?</blockquote>

Not sure either but if you look at Campanile homes versus the surrounding SFR built earlier in NorthParkSq, they pay MR portion on their tax bills but NOT in Campanile. The only major difference is that Campanile was built on designated TUSD school grounds. Maybe CalPac negotiated a better rate after the land was given back from TUSD to Irvine. I would hope they could repeat it in WB. That would certainly help sales there if the special assessments were cut in half.

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1242193740][quote author="IRVINITEEEE" date=1242193021]They started grading the land</blockquote>
What part?</blockquote>
The whole plot of land

Back