New Homes coming to Woodbury in 2010

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1245118022][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073436][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1245073087]Laguna Crossing in 2013!</blockquote>
I predict that Laguna Crossing will still be full of weeds in 2013....maybe 2015 homes will be ready for sale.</blockquote>

Good prediction.

I'm saying 2014 for Laguna Crossing, and 2018 for Orchard Hills. At this pace that's about right. More businesses need to move in before we can support more developments. And NO, mortgage companies aren't the type of businesses I mean. :p</blockquote>
I think they would open Orchard Hills first because the shopping center is already built out. TIC should have some duty to the tenants there to provide a customer base.

Speaking of, what is that building they are finishing behind Settler's Park in Orchard Hills?

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1245131655][quote author="PadreBrian" date=1245118022][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1245073436][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1245073087]Laguna Crossing in 2013!</blockquote>
I predict that Laguna Crossing will still be full of weeds in 2013....maybe 2015 homes will be ready for sale.</blockquote>

Good prediction.

I'm saying 2014 for Laguna Crossing, and 2018 for Orchard Hills. At this pace that's about right. More businesses need to move in before we can support more developments. And NO, mortgage companies aren't the type of businesses I mean. :p</blockquote>
I think they would open Orchard Hills first because the shopping center is already built out. TIC should have some duty to the tenants there to provide a customer base.

Speaking of, what is that building they are finishing behind Settler's Park in Orchard Hills?</blockquote>

It's a TUSD K-8 School. Here is a link to the <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4261/">thread</a>.

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1245132303]

It's a TUSD K-8 School. Here is a link to the <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4261/">thread</a>.</blockquote>
Yet another reason to open up Orchard Hills before Laguna Crossings.

The issue is that Laguna Crossings isn't as desirable lots as Orchard Hills...thus Bren wanting to sell the lower end first. The market can't support 1-4 million dollar Orchard Hill house lots right now. 600-900k, yeah sure.

I went to an open house today in Quail Hill and talked to the selling agent about these homes, he said that he knows some people on TIC board so asked him about these homes.

He mentioned that there will be 2 builders, one is Taylor Morrison, the other other is TBD. Also he thought models would be open either September of this year (which seems way early being as I don't even see framing yet), or spring of next year (more likely).

Also he said that TIC was previously planning to open Orchard Hills in 2012 but as of the last couple weeks they have moved up the date to late 2010.

Don't know the accuracy of either of these but thought I'd share...

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1245556052]The issue is that Laguna Crossings isn't as desirable lots as Orchard Hills...thus Bren wanting to sell the lower end first. The market can't support 1-4 million dollar Orchard Hill house lots right now. 600-900k, yeah sure.</blockquote>

Couldn't they make Lagune Crossing more desirable? It's a really nice location (5, 405, 133), close to Laguna beach, South OC and North OC, Irvine Spectrum, etc. Is it only a matter of the size of the lots?

What's so hot about Orchad Hills?

[quote author="Roo" date=1248126139][quote author="PadreBrian" date=1245556052]The issue is that Laguna Crossings isn't as desirable lots as Orchard Hills...thus Bren wanting to sell the lower end first. The market can't support 1-4 million dollar Orchard Hill house lots right now. 600-900k, yeah sure.</blockquote>

Couldn't they make Lagune Crossing more desirable? It's a really nice location (5, 405, 133), close to Laguna beach, South OC and North OC, Irvine Spectrum, etc. Is it only a matter of the size of the lots?

What's so hot about Orchad Hills?</blockquote>
Well, LC is right up against a very busy freeway and busy highway so you'll be hearing cars zooming by 24/7. OH is about 3+ miles away from the freeway.

[quote author="Roo" date=1248126139]

the weather. It's practically in Corona.

I don't know what everyone's fascination is with a development that has yet to be built. Who knows what the Irvine Company will do. They might decide to cram tens of thousands of tiny townhomes into a small space and still price it at a premium because of this pent-up desire to live in a new "prestigious" community. TIC definitely has branding and marketing down to a science.

[quote author="ABC123" date=1248128138][quote author="Roo" date=1248126139]

the weather. It's practically in Corona.

I don't know what everyone's fascination is with a development that has yet to be built. Who knows what the Irvine Company will do. They might decide to cram tens of thousands of tiny townhomes into a small space and still price it at a premium because of this pent-up desire to live in a new "prestigious" community. TIC definitely has branding and marketing down to a science.</blockquote>

The equipment they have out at Laguna Crossing is just sitting. No movement this morning at all. I sure hope they dont put more cookie cutter condos up. Just looking at that nightmere of a complex across the 405 in the Park at Spectrum makes me ill. The density is just incredible. Its going to be like living on a cruise ship. NO THANKS.

Where are the people that are going to rent those things going to work ? I just done see

it in this current economy.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1248126746][quote author="Roo" date=1248126139][quote author="PadreBrian" date=1245556052]The issue is that Laguna Crossings isn't as desirable lots as Orchard Hills...thus Bren wanting to sell the lower end first. The market can't support 1-4 million dollar Orchard Hill house lots right now. 600-900k, yeah sure.</blockquote>

Well, LC is right up against a very busy freeway and busy highway so you'll be hearing cars zooming by 24/7. OH is about 3+ miles away from the freeway.</blockquote>
I dunno... I think farther back you would get the same noise as Quail Hill which isn't that bad... indoors you can't hear anything.

I like the LC location better too, elevated, close to the ocean and centrally located... I just think the land seems a bit small for anything really sizable.

[quote author="Aqua Bliss" date=1248096121]I went to an open house today in Quail Hill and talked to the selling agent about these homes, he said that he knows some people on TIC board so asked him about these homes.

He mentioned that there will be 2 builders, one is Taylor Morrison, the other other is TBD. Also he thought models would be open either September of this year (which seems way early being as I don't even see framing yet), or spring of next year (more likely).

Also he said that TIC was previously planning to open Orchard Hills in 2012 but as of the last couple weeks they have moved up the date to late 2010.

Don't know the accuracy of either of these but thought I'd share...</blockquote>

Thanks for sharing. I was told the same thing when i called. Of course they would not disclose any prices.

Just curious, anyone here planning on buying in the new detached Woodbury homes this fall? After seeing the Woodbury east townhomes all sold out in 15 minutes, I am afraid the same thing is going happen to these homes. I guess we'll have to camp out in front the sales office with our tents so that we'll be there before the chinese dudes, who will be coming with their suit cases of cash.

But what if the Chinese dudes continue to come until 2030. What are we supposed to do? I had a cold sweat nightmare last night where 80% of all Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossing residences end up being Chinese? I started to scream.

This was how the buying frenzy started during the last bubble era. Many Chinese Pandas were lining up to buy a home in Irvine. Then a Korean from Atlanta was very nervous, in cold sweat and afraid of missing out on a home. He disguised himself in a panda costume. He was caught as a fake panda and was thrown out. From then on he took on persona PANDA dreaming of Irvine.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1248170214]This was how the buying frenzy started during the last bubble era. Many Chinese Pandas were lining up to buy a home in Irvine. Then a Korean from Atlanta was very nervous, in cold sweat and afraid of missing out on a home. He disguised himself in a panda costume. He was caught as a fake panda and was thrown out. From then on he took on persona PANDA dreaming of Irvine.</blockquote>

Huh? I don't get it. Too many pandas in every sentence. I am very confused.

[quote author="xoneinax" date=1248162464]When the Chinese dudes stop coming, that is the time to begin thinking of buying.</blockquote>

Except they outnumber americans 4 to 1.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1248170214]Then a Korean from Atlanta was very nervous, in cold sweat and afraid of missing out on a home.</blockquote>

Anyone else notice the heavy machinery on Long Meadow and Vintage... from the looks of it, TIC is really progressing with the land prep. From a lay-mens perspective, looks like they are digging the streets and laying to lay down sewer lines. Really loud construction on a Saturday morning...

I was wondering why the new homes are selling for less $/sq ft compared to resales? Is it because of the mello roos and high HOAs that come with new Irvine homes? Or is because resales tend to be on bigger lots compared to new homes in communities like Woodbury?

Very good question!

Now this is something TIC probably considered in their planning. I think they are trying to place a premium to live in Woodbury versus Woodbury East.

[quote author="kkanchan" date=1248329785]I was wondering why the new homes are selling for less $/sq ft compared to resales? Is it because of the mello roos and high HOAs that come with new Irvine homes? Or is because resales tend to be on bigger lots compared to new homes in communities like Woodbury?</blockquote>

Back