New forum software - Issues

admin

Administrator
The forum migration took a lot longer than expected but things overall seemed to have been completed. There are always going to be issues with this sort of thing.

If you are experiencing any issues, please post them here or send me a Private Message (called Conversations in this software) by clicking the Mail icon in the top right.

A heads up would have been nice. :)

This one is similar to some of the other forums I'm on... what's nice about this is I can cut and paste screen shots directly:

1665551778350.png

I like it.

I saw it posted at the top of the home page yesterday. It just wasn't in the purple font that normally catches your attention :)

Is there a dark mode...its too bright.
It doesn't seem that there is a dark mode out of the box. There are add-ons that provide this functionality but I'm trying to minimize add-ons to make maintenance easier. I'll continue looking into it.

Yeah... XenForo doesn't have a dark mode, it has themes but not as good.

You can use a browser plugin to do pseudo dark mode on non-dark mode sites.

What time zone is this forum on? IHO's post shows 5:53 PM and I don't know how long ago that was, maybe 1:53 PM Pacific Time...

This post was made at 2:05 PM Pacific Time.

If you add the https it gives you description of the link:

Could use an easier to find "Log Out" button.
I work with a lot of UX/UI stuff... it's moving toward how it's implemented here... your user icon/profile is where you usually will find the Log Out/Sign Out link. Web portals trying to limit dedicated space to more needed functions.

Back