New communities in Portola Springs

chasingpowder said:
Just saw the floorplan, right, they are getting worse..shouldn't have hoped at all...But I still hope they won't ruin OH4, again, maybe I shouldn't hope...

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
From 3.5 bathroom to 3 would be a bad change... like I said... 2 toilets on the first floor should be standard.

I kinda agree with this. I think it should be BA = BD + 0.5. If there's a bedroom downstairs, it should have its own bathroom and there should be a 0.5 bathroom for toilet use.

I'm fine with 4 bathrooms in my Bluffs 2 because I'm using the downstairs bedroom as office, but otherwise, I would have prefer the bathroom to be accessible from inside the bedroom rather than from outside.

Oh I'm sure OH4 will be a disaster. If IP is smart, they will make completely brand new luxurious plans for this last phase of Orchard Hills. The layout of neighborhood 4 is very nice, it reminds me of Vicara in Quail Hill. Unfortunately, I doubt we will get something as luxurious as those homes.

a while ago in TI there was an intrinsic value study for houses given everything else being the same (same square footage, location?.for an example), an additional bathroom adds the most value while 3rd story has the most negative value.

So yes an extra bathroom is valuable, but it could be cost cutting move from TIC?

chasingpowder said:
irvinehomeowner said:
From 3.5 bathroom to 3 would be a bad change... like I said... 2 toilets on the first floor should be standard.

TIC really let me down...

irviniteeee said:
chasingpowder said:
Just saw the floorplan, right, they are getting worse..shouldn't have hoped at all...But I still hope they won't ruin OH4, again, maybe I shouldn't hope...

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I kinda agree with this. I think it should be BA = BD + 0.5. If there's a bedroom downstairs, it should have its own bathroom and there should be a 0.5 bathroom for toilet use.

I'm fine with 4 bathrooms in my Bluffs 2 because I'm using the downstairs bedroom as office, but otherwise, I would have prefer the bathroom to be accessible from inside the bedroom rather than from outside.

Oh I'm sure OH4 will be a disaster. If IP is smart, they will make completely brand new luxurious plans for this last phase of Orchard Hills. The layout of neighborhood 4 is very nice, it reminds me of Vicara in Quail Hill. Unfortunately, I doubt we will get something as luxurious as those homes.

OHHH NOOOOO...IP makes me wonder again. The lots size from OH4 are ranging from 3600 sqf to 10K+ sqf. How many floorplans are they going to fit there? I mean they cannot put similar-sized homes in 3600 and 15000 lots, can they?

irviniteeee said:

IP does what it always does, max ROI. No one in Irvine will be selling new construction single loaded view lots like OH4. They can recycle old floorplans and it will still sell. If the economy tanks, they will put things on hold or slow construction until conditons improve.

iacrenter said:
irviniteeee said:

IP does what it always does, max ROI. No one in Irvine will be selling new construction single loaded view lots like OH4. They can recycle old floorplans and it will still sell. If the economy tanks, they will put things on hold or slow construction until conditons improve.

Yeah I'm sure that's what they will do, but it would be nice to see some brand new designs with a bit more luxury since they're going to be using these nice windy, single loaded streets. Maybe they will surprise us all and come out with some homes similar to Vicara in QH or past projects in Turtle Ridge. I won't hold my breath though :)

chasingpowder said:
CalBears96 said:
chasingpowder said:

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I was joking with my wife that I wanted to buy either Azul or Cielo due to our Bluffs 2 not having driveway, but looking at these floorplans, I would rather sacrifice the driveway and stay with our Bluffs 2. And Forza is even worse than Cielo. It's a real shame because Forza has the best view.
Every time I see these big big pantry right in your face right in the dining and kitchen area, I'm stunned. It's not like the dining area is sufficient. A small dining and a big pantry, why.

I'm so mad at TIC and maybe myself. I shouldn't have waited and hoped the design will get better. It's getting worse and the price is getting higher :-[ :-[ :-[ Their ability to mess up Azul, Cielo and Forza is beyond me.

Pantry is something we badly miss. Didn't have that in Petaluma and again in Fresco. We would have loved the Pantry for our lifestyle

Irvinehomeseeker said:
chasingpowder said:
CalBears96 said:
chasingpowder said:

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I was joking with my wife that I wanted to buy either Azul or Cielo due to our Bluffs 2 not having driveway, but looking at these floorplans, I would rather sacrifice the driveway and stay with our Bluffs 2. And Forza is even worse than Cielo. It's a real shame because Forza has the best view.
Every time I see these big big pantry right in your face right in the dining and kitchen area, I'm stunned. It's not like the dining area is sufficient. A small dining and a big pantry, why.

I'm so mad at TIC and maybe myself. I shouldn't have waited and hoped the design will get better. It's getting worse and the price is getting higher :-[ :-[ :-[ Their ability to mess up Azul, Cielo and Forza is beyond me.

Pantry is something we badly miss. Didn't have that in Petaluma and again in Fresco. We would have loved the Pantry for our lifestyle

I think pull out cabinets are good substitution for pantry. Good thing we paid for the upgrade and i dont miss it at all.

I think pantry is a waste of space. My old home had it 1/2 empty most of the time.

irviniteeee said:
Prototype said:
Has anyone figured out what's going to be on Big Dipper, across from Hillside/Bluffs???

There's only signage for Hillcrest Park but the lot is now fully graded with roads ready and exterior walls being built. Can't seem to find the site plan anywhere.

I was looking for something else and randomly found the floorplans and site plans for Forza. Seems like they're basically a revision of Cielo with a few tweaks here and there. I do like that IP decided to add covered decks off the master. It's not something I've seen them do before. I attached the screenshots I took. There are so many pages in the doc that it was easier to just screenshot the important parts really quick.

Do you mind sharing the full docs or link/where to find it? My partner in real estate wants to take a look and happy to share any interesting tidbits, DM me if preferred.

PSbuyer said:
irviniteeee said:
Prototype said:
Has anyone figured out what's going to be on Big Dipper, across from Hillside/Bluffs???

There's only signage for Hillcrest Park but the lot is now fully graded with roads ready and exterior walls being built. Can't seem to find the site plan anywhere.

I was looking for something else and randomly found the floorplans and site plans for Forza. Seems like they're basically a revision of Cielo with a few tweaks here and there. I do like that IP decided to add covered decks off the master. It's not something I've seen them do before. I attached the screenshots I took. There are so many pages in the doc that it was easier to just screenshot the important parts really quick.

Do you mind sharing the full docs or link/where to find it? My partner in real estate wants to take a look and happy to share any interesting tidbits, DM me if preferred.

Here's the link
https://irvine.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?event_id=1967

Scroll down to item 4 in the agenda

Sysko said:
PSbuyer said:
irviniteeee said:
Prototype said:

Here's the link
https://irvine.granicus.com/GeneratedAgendaViewer.php?event_id=1967

Scroll down to item 4 in the agenda

This is much better than where I found them. I was going through 100+ pages lol.

Ok so he did a quick review and it looks like the park has a pool, spa, kiddie pool, playground(s), and the two tennis courts as previously mentioned. Entrance through a public road (whispering hills?) and there are parking lots. Exciting to see as the Highland Park pool is often jam packed.

PSbuyer said:
Ok so he did a quick review and it looks like the park has a pool, spa, kiddie pool, playground(s), and the two tennis courts as previously mentioned. Entrance through a public road (whispering hills?) and there are parking lots. Exciting to see as the Highland Park pool is often jam packed.

Based on the attached pic, entrance to the park will be off Big Dipper

Attachments

• Park.jpg
    Park.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 184
PSbuyer said:

My son goes to Highland Park for a swim late afternoon/evening. This new park is going to be closer to my house, but I guess it won't be built for another 2-3 years?

CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

My son goes to Highland Park for a swim late afternoon/evening. This new park is going to be closer to my house, but I guess it won't be built for another 2-3 years?

Don't forget about the putting greens! That's a pretty cool addition to local parks! Thanks for the map!

The models are being framed so I'm really hoping they finish the park faster than that! In our previous purchases and recent models we've seen, the park is done before the homes are being sold. Highland, Plateau and the one near Lapis/Sierra were all done by the time the homes were being sold. We will see though!

Thanks for all of the site plans and maps everyone! Appreciate it!

Prototype said:
CalBears96 said:
PSbuyer said:

Don't forget about the putting greens! That's a pretty cool addition to local parks! Thanks for the map!

The models are being framed so I'm really hoping they finish the park faster than that! In our previous purchases and recent models we've seen, the park is done before the homes are being sold. Highland, Plateau and the one near Lapis/Sierra were all done by the time the homes were being sold. We will see though!

Thanks for all of the site plans and maps everyone! Appreciate it!

Yes, model homes for both Forza and Marea are being framed.  Somewhat surprised how quickly the models are being stoop up.

Back