New communities in Portola Springs

Prototype said:
Has anyone figured out what's going to be on Big Dipper, across from Hillside/Bluffs???

There's only signage for Hillcrest Park but the lot is now fully graded with roads ready and exterior walls being built. Can't seem to find the site plan anywhere.

There are two communities to be built there by IP, the last ones in PS:

Marea (shared driveway condos) - 122 homes (2100+ sq ft to 2400+ sq ft)
Forza (SFR) - 100 homes, most of them likely with the best views in PS (~2900 sq ft to 3200+ sq ft)

I'm looking forward how the 19176 lot floorplan will look like. Or maybe I shouldn't. But I notice the plan1 and 2 only have 3 bathroom, not 3.5, meaning at least they are making some changes.

Attachments

• image_2022-07-20_141149401.png
    image_2022-07-20_141149401.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 112
irvinehomeowner said:
From 3.5 bathroom to 3 would be a bad change... like I said... 2 toilets on the first floor should be standard.

I kinda agree with this. I think it should be BA = BD + 0.5. If there's a bedroom downstairs, it should have its own bathroom and there should be a 0.5 bathroom for toilet use.

I'm fine with 4 bathrooms in my Bluffs 2 because I'm using the downstairs bedroom as office, but otherwise, I would have prefer the bathroom to be accessible from inside the bedroom rather than from outside.

We have another rule of toilets = # of people living in the house... because you never know when we will all have a case of bad KBBQ. :)

Prototype said:
Has anyone figured out what's going to be on Big Dipper, across from Hillside/Bluffs???

There's only signage for Hillcrest Park but the lot is now fully graded with roads ready and exterior walls being built. Can't seem to find the site plan anywhere.

I was looking for something else and randomly found the floorplans and site plans for Forza. Seems like they're basically a revision of Cielo with a few tweaks here and there. I do like that IP decided to add covered decks off the master. It's not something I've seen them do before. I attached the screenshots I took. There are so many pages in the doc that it was easier to just screenshot the important parts really quick.

Attachments

• Forza1.png
    Forza1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 202
  • Forza4.png
    Forza4.png
    310.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Forza5.png
    Forza5.png
    356.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Forza3 (1).png
    Forza3 (1).png
    220.2 KB · Views: 165
Just found Marea right now as well. Pretty standard run of the mill plans from IP. These plans seem like they might be tweaked Hillsides but a bit wider? There are some very nice sized lots in Marea. Attached some screenshots for you guys.

Attachments

• Marea2.png
    Marea2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
  • Marea3.png
    Marea3.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
Marea Floorplans attached.

Attachments

• Marea4.png
    Marea4.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Marea5.png
    Marea5.png
    167 KB · Views: 119
  • Marea6.png
    Marea6.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Marea7.png
    Marea7.png
    172.4 KB · Views: 125
Yeah, pretty much from what I remember, Marea is similar to Hillside, and Forza is like Ravello 4, 5, and 1/2.

You know how it is. IP homes are just cookie cutters.  ;D

irvinehomeowner said:
We have another rule of toilets = # of people living in the house... because you never know when we will all have a case of bad KBBQ. :)

We have 3 people living in the house and 4 toilets.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
Yeah, pretty much from what I remember, Marea is similar to Hillside, and Forza is like Ravello 4, 5, and 1/2.

You know how it is. IP homes are just cookie cutters.  ;D

Yes lol. I do like some of the changes they made though. The Marea lots are nice too. IP has been generous with the lots lately.

The California Court Company said:
honesty for 2300 to 2400 sqft I would expect to have a downstairs bedroom...

Right.

Marea Plan 4 is 2410 sq ft, but doesn't have downstairs bedroom. 3 bedroom/loft/2.5 baths. This one seems to use up too much space for master bath and closet.

Bluffs 1, on the other hand, is 2413 sq ft and has bedroom and bathroom downstairs. 4 bedrooms/4 baths.

Just saw the floorplan, right, they are getting worse..shouldn't have hoped at all...But I still hope they won't ruin OH4, again, maybe I shouldn't hope...

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
From 3.5 bathroom to 3 would be a bad change... like I said... 2 toilets on the first floor should be standard.

I kinda agree with this. I think it should be BA = BD + 0.5. If there's a bedroom downstairs, it should have its own bathroom and there should be a 0.5 bathroom for toilet use.

I'm fine with 4 bathrooms in my Bluffs 2 because I'm using the downstairs bedroom as office, but otherwise, I would have prefer the bathroom to be accessible from inside the bedroom rather than from outside.

chasingpowder said:
Just saw the floorplan, right, they are getting worse..shouldn't have hoped at all...But I still hope they won't ruin OH4, again, maybe I shouldn't hope...

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I was joking with my wife that I wanted to buy either Azul or Cielo due to our Bluffs 2 not having driveway, but looking at these floorplans, I would rather sacrifice the driveway and stay with our Bluffs 2. And Forza is even worse than Cielo. It's a real shame because Forza has the best view.

CalBears96 said:
chasingpowder said:

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I was joking with my wife that I wanted to buy either Azul or Cielo due to our Bluffs 2 not having driveway, but looking at these floorplans, I would rather sacrifice the driveway and stay with our Bluffs 2. And Forza is even worse than Cielo. It's a real shame because Forza has the best view.
Every time I see these big big pantry right in your face right in the dining and kitchen area, I'm stunned. It's not like the dining area is sufficient. A small dining and a big pantry, why.

I'm so mad at TIC and maybe myself. I shouldn't have waited and hoped the design will get better. It's getting worse and the price is getting higher :-[ :-[ :-[ Their ability to mess up Azul, Cielo and Forza is beyond me.

irvinehomeowner said:

This happened to me one time at our old house.  My family got food poisoning at a Christmas party, that I somehow avoided.  (Maybe it was the nasty marshmallow casserole.. I can't stand those!)  So I was up all night managing four barfers with only two toilets.  It was pure chaos.  Good times!

Back