New communities in Portola Springs

I was talking to Cielo sales lady this morning when an agent brought in his client to look at the model homes. Sales lady confirmed that Cielo priority list is now closed because they got overwhelming interest.
I think they should cut you a check because you have been promoting Cielo for the last couple of years

Ahh... I was using the VillagesOfIrvine.com website and in the past you could see all pricing and even search by pricing. They must know LL is mad at the high prices so they took it off for him. :)
I'm not mad at the high prices. I feel bad for the people being duped into paying them.

I think they should cut you a check because you have been promoting Cielo for the last couple of years
I didn't realize that sharing information means promoting. I guess I should stop posting information about Arbor, Azul, Olivewood, too, then? Oh wait, I guess I'm promoting Portola Springs.

I know that you're Irvine hater like Liar, so you could just NOT read any topic in the Irvine Real Estate sub-forum. I'm just sharing information for people who are interested in new constructions in Portola Springs, since this is what this thread is about.

Q1 - Are most of these new home community releases 2CG or 3CG (Tandem)? I ask because in 7-10 years when the kids in these homes start wanting to drive, where will all the additional parking come from? I live in a 3CG community and most owners have their garages stuffed and not parking cars in them. When their kids started driving it was a mad dash to find parking each day.

Q2 - Was there a significant markup in pricing from IP's baseline to where Shea and others are pricing their homes? Yes, "upgrade" pricing is wildly out of line depending on the builder, but was there "more than just inflation" adjustments from builder 1 to builder 2 on release?

I didn't realize that sharing information means promoting. I guess I should stop posting information about Arbor, Azul, Olivewood, too, then? Oh wait, I guess I'm promoting Portola Springs.

I know that you're Irvine hater like Liar, so you could just NOT read any topic in the Irvine Real Estate sub-forum. I'm just sharing information for people who are interested in new constructions in Portola Springs, since this is what this thread is about.
Relax. I probably worded it poorly. It was meant as a joke..it is more like you were showing your affection for Cielo such that you became an unofficial salesman

BTW I don’t hate Irvine and it will still be a place for me live if I need to live in Orange County. Just that I find it is overvalued for me.

As much as you thought/hoped they would? Let's see if you have the integrity to admit that.
I said all along that this downturn would be a cross between the early 80's & early 90's downturns and so far that has proven true. It's just what I thought was most likely to happen. Hope has nothing to do with it, since my pocketbook goes up or down along with the market, just like it does for you.

I did try to prevent some people from making horrible mistakes, but of course they didn't listen and have branded me a "hater" for correctly predicting this downturn.

Median sales price: $1,440,000
From around 900,000 in 2019 to 1,440,000 today.

Prices currently higher than the past 5 years.
If you hang on the ceiling like a bat and look at the graph you could say it's a downturn.

Median sales price: $1,440,000
From around 900,000 in 2019 to 1,440,000 today.

Prices currently higher than the past 5 years.
If you hang on the ceiling like a bat and look at the graph you could say it's a downturn.

Even CareBears has the integrity to admit the peak was in April 2021, and your chart confirms that. Since the April 2021 peak, Irvine has not kept pace with inflation, so in real terms prices are down, just like they were during the early 80's downturn... and which I predicted a repeat of on this forum.

IHO wants to pretend this doesn't matter, but in a city where lots of people pay cash, losing money to inflation is a loss of wealth, and that doesn't even include the operating loss due to taxes, insurance, HOA, mello and maintenance.

According to redfins chart, we are currently peaking.
It's not my chart...argue with redfin.

Real prices and nominal prices is getting too detailed for this forum.
Just stick to smooth brained monkey nominal prices.

Redfin chart shows as follows:
2019 ~ Median price ~ $900,000
2022 ~ Median price ~ $1,400,000
2023 ~ Median price ~ $1,440,000

Last edited:
Hello Liar Loan, remember this print screen?
This is a conflicting statement from you 😂
Now, did it go up or down 🤣?
Sure I remember it. It has nothing to do with this thread.

@usctrojancpa made an unsupported statement about Irvine that I demonstrated was incorrect using real data. Even lowly Santa Ana outperformed Irvine.... Sad!

And meanwhile you've been sweating losing your parents' down payment money for years now. Has the stress really been worth it?

Back