Need Pest Control

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1252646152][quote author="MojoJD" date=1252642178]Which pests are you most concerned with?</blockquote>

Besides ACMPE's LOL list. I'm finding a lot more Black & Brown Widow spiders this summer and of course the ubiquitous Irvine ants.</blockquote>

If you are really trying to keep the costs down and just want to rid your place of the widow spiders, then go to the <a href="http://www.ocfarmsupply.com/news/9/35/">OC Farm Supply</a> and ask them about a treatment called "tempo" (IRCC that was the name they said). They said it was the best and it will prevent the spiders from coming back. They also said it was rather expensive, $50-$60 a pint, but you only use like a milliliter per gallon. They were out when I went there a few weeks ago, but I plan on going back to get some. The brown widow has been especially relentless this year, and if this prevents them from coming back and really works... I will recoup the cost by asking my neighbors if they want me to take care of their houses.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1252710656]For ants, I have had excellent results with the mini pod "traps" - they have little holes where the ants come in and get the poisoned food, take it back, kills the whole colony and the queen. I had the beginnings of an ant infestation at my old apt in woodbury for 2-3 straight days, but after placing these around (I think they were raid brand), the problem was over. Couldnt say the same for someone I knew in another building with the same problem, who did not use these.

They are also great if you have kids or small pets - no real poison exposure. You can also leave them in the back of a closet, kitchen cabinet, garage corner, etc. and forget about them - they keep working for many months.</blockquote>

the raid mini traps are filled with a peanut butter-like substance. my dog loves these things and ate two of them. i was horrified and called the poison control number on the back of the box.

they said not to worry because pretty much those things have tiny amts of actual poison. the biggest worry would be my dog would feel really itchy mouth for a while. indeed she spent an evening licking and smacking her lips uncontrollably and pawing at her face.

Wow, that sucks. I usually leave them underneath sinks (all the way in back) and underneath things, where they will likely be forgotten and are generally inaccessible to pets.

Back