Need New Washing Machine & Dryer

[quote author="IACRenter" date=1236859742]I also read on CR that the average time for a wash cycle is a lot longer in a front loader vs top loader...again not sure if true since I never owned one.

</blockquote>
I missed this initially but I'm not sure if this is true.

1. Less water so less fill time.

2. Less water so less spin time.

Even if it were to take longer, the decrease in drying time makes up for it.

And one other thing... it is quieter than top loaders during the wash cycle.

This thread has made me look into the mold issue... bleach and Sunlight huh?

My front loader has so many different cycles but if you use the basic "speed wash" cycle, it is only 30 minutes. I have a "sanitary" cycle which can take up to 2 1/2 hours depending on other options. It is true that the dry time is much less also.

[quote author="mimi" date=1237561026]Any comments for Bosch? Thanks!</blockquote>

Yes, my comments for Bosch are not great due to their service. Their machines are great........until something goes wrong. Our dishwasher wasn't drying well and so I tried to get service for it. The Bosch service comes at a very steep price ($75 service call, plus $2 PER MINUTE after that). If you do buy a Bosch, buy it from a well known company and get the extended service contract and keep renewing it. Our dishwasher is super quite but the racks don't make much sense and they keep falling apart. I don't know what appliance you are looking for but I would avoid the dishwasher unless they've made significant improvements in the last three years.

Back