NBA 2017-18

Oh come on... They aren't going to win the finals anyway. 

Also, he didn't lose the game for them.  He really had two options, either take a contested jumper or try to pass to an outside shooter.  If neither of those shots fell, the end result would have been the same.  Maybe he could have gotten fouled, but the refs tend to swallow their whistles in those situations.

Despite his mistake, the game was still tied and went to overtime.  Not the end of the world.  Cleveland lost as a team.

gotta feel for lebron after last night

in just the last 2 minutes

• clean strip on kd called a foul + 2 FT
  • looney "strip" on lebron not called a foul despite getting all arm
  • charging foul on kd reversed and called a block
  • hill missing go ahead free throw
  • JR not knowing what the score was and running the clock out

Kings said:
gotta feel for lebron after last night

in just the last 2 minutes

• clean strip on kd called a foul + 2 FT
  • looney "strip" on lebron not called a foul despite getting all arm
  • charging foul on kd reversed and called a block
  • hill missing go ahead free throw
  • JR not knowing what the score was and running the clock out

See I don't think you can count on the refs to help you win playoff basketball, so I can't feel bad about #1-3.  Of course, missing the free throw was horrible.  You could tell he was going to miss it by the look on his face.  Too much pressure.  If that free throw sinks nobody cares about J.R. Smith.

Despite what the ratings say, I don?t think a sweep is good Finals basketball. The Game 4 blowout was even worse.

It?s funny because I was pro-Warriors until they got KD.

So where will LBJ end up?

irvinehomeowner said:
Despite what the ratings say, I don?t think a sweep is good Finals basketball. The Game 4 blowout was even worse.

It?s funny because I was pro-Warriors until they got KD.

So where will LBJ end up?

I thought you were a Clippers fan or something.
Let?s go Lakers.  ;)

nba needs to go with a hard salary cap.  over 75% of all teams went over the soft cap in the nba last year, with the best teams in the league clearly at the top.  the warriors, cavs, and thunder each spent 40% more than the cap.  these teams are all "super teams" and since basketball only has 5 guys on the court at a time, if you have 2-3 all stars you're pretty much guaranteed to be a top team.  nhl has a hard cap and everyone has a chance to win it all.  keep the soft cap in the nba and we'll be seeing the warriors vs. eastern lebrons in the finals again next year.

Okay, parade is over.

Time to talk about LBJ free agency and the draft.

If you were Lebron, where do you go?

I don?t think he can make a team in LA to beat the Warriors, the only place West is probably Houston but what happens when CP3 gets injured again?

I don?t think he will fit in Philly and it would be weird for him to go to Boston (esp with Kyrie there).

Once again, the pundits are saying this is the deepest draft... they say that every year. I think Lonzo is too injury prone, good thing they got Kuzma.

Lots of bigs this year.

irvinehomeowner said:
Okay, parade is over.

I don?t think he can make a team in LA to beat the Warriors, the only place West is probably Houston but what happens when CP3 gets injured again?

I don?t think he will fit in Philly and it would be weird for him to go to Boston (esp with Kyrie there).

Once again, the pundits are saying this is the deepest draft... they say that every year. I think Lonzo is too injury prone, good thing they got Kuzma.

Lots of bigs this year.

i think he'll go to the warriors

Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Okay, parade is over.

Lots of bigs this year.

Lebron signs a 1-year with the Cavs
Cavs trade K-Love, Clarkson, Hood and cap filler to OKC for Carmelo and PG-13 (sign-and-trade 1-yr @ max) - who says no on this trade?

LBJ has been to 8 straight Finals...that's a big part of legacy.  Why would he want to go to the West and end that streak?  And obviously, he's not going to the Warriors as Kings "thinks".

paydawg said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Okay, parade is over.

Lots of bigs this year.

Cavs trade K-Love, Clarkson, Hood and cap filler to OKC for Carmelo and PG-13 (sign-and-trade 1-yr @ max) - who says no on this trade?

LBJ has been to 8 straight Finals...that's a big part of legacy.  Why would he want to go to the West and end that streak?  And obviously, he's not going to the Warriors as Kings "thinks".

Carmelo sucks and PG is a FA.  Sign and trade is for the benefit of the team so no trade deadweight needed. 

Irvinecommuter said:
paydawg said:
Kings said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Okay, parade is over.

Lots of bigs this year.

Carmelo sucks and PG is a FA.  Sign and trade is for the benefit of the team so no trade deadweight needed.

I agree that Carmelo sucks, but one man's trash is another man's treasure.  LBJ and Melo are tight.  What if LBJ stated that he would re-sign with Cleveland if he can have his buddy and PG13?  The sign-and-trade would be necessary for OKC to actually acquire Love. 

I really want LBJ to come to LA but even if he has PG13 with him, neither the Lakers or the Clippers have enough of anyone else to challenge the Rockets/Warriors.

LBJ and Wade are really good friends and lebron got wade shipped off to Miami early in the season. Staying with the Cavs and bringing Carmelo would be an unmitigated disaster.

Not entirely sold on Paul George either. I don?t think you can with him as your number one. If I were the lakers I only sign George if they can land lebron or someone better than George

qwerty said:
LBJ and Wade are really good friends and lebron got wade shipped off to Miami early in the season. Staying with the Cavs and bringing Carmelo would be an unmitigated disaster.

Not entirely sold on Paul George either. I don?t think you can with him as your number one. If I were the lakers I only sign George if they can land lebron or someone better than George

If LBJ wants to win...he will go to Philly, Spurs, or NO.  Boston and Warriors of course but I doubt either are viable. 

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:

If LBJ wants to win...he will go to Philly, Spurs, or NO.  Boston and Warriors of course but I doubt either are viable.

i like NO.  bron + AD would be a dangerous combo and eat the warriors alive in the paint

I bet he stays in CLE. Always easier to stay then to leave. Plus there?s more money.

Buttttt that finals probably pissed him off.  So who knows. I?m already getting Lebron fatigue. Hopefully we don?t get THE decision 2.0.

bones said:
I bet he stays in CLE. Always easier to stay then to leave. Plus there?s more money.

Buttttt that finals probably pissed him off.  So who knows. I?m already getting Lebron fatigue. Hopefully we don?t get THE decision 2.0.

Money is better if he stays in CLE but that's a small part compared to if he goes to LA and does off-the-court stuff.  Question is whether he wants to "win" or set himself up for the future

Not sure if he can win another ring in Cleveland, he can probably get to the Finals again, but needs more than just KLo and ex-Lakers. I think even if he still had Kyrie, the Warriors with KD is just unfair to everyone.

Rockets had the best chance to upturn the Warrior cart but then CP3 had his typical injury of the season and messed that up for a better Finals.

He might just opt in for 1-year, get PG13 over to Cleveland for a 1+1 but PG13 really wants to play in LA. I don't blame him... Westbrook is an awesome player, but I don't think they'll ever get to the Finals in OKC. If I were PG13, I would settle for vet's minimum from the Warriors, Iggy is getting old... now that would be a super team.

I don't think LBJ has as many options as people think, in the East, it's either stay home or go to Boston (Canada is not an option). I hear Philly and NY but does LBJ really want to go anywhere else in the East?

In the West, join the Rockets or roll the dice in LA (either with Lakers or Clippers).

Back