NBA 2017-18

Call it what you want Q but Celtics kept making repeated bad decisions.  On purpose?  I suppose not but the game plan needed to change on the outside shots.  Just like the Rockets tonight, ya your down by 8 or 9 but three point shootout is not going to get it done son, drive the freakin hoop.  Even CP3 was yelling at his team to drive and stop shooting outside shots... in the end it was the death of them.  Guess they didn?t want it bad enough ;)

aquabliss said:
Call it what you want Q but Celtics kept making repeated bad decisions.  On purpose?  I suppose not but the game plan needed to change on the outside shots.  Just like the Rockets tonight, ya your down by 8 or 9 but three point shootout is not going to get it done son, drive the freakin hoop.  Even CP3 was yelling at his team to drive and stop shooting outside shots... in the end it was the death of them.  Guess they didn?t want it bad enough ;)

I don?t think I?ve ever seen a worst 3 point shooting performance in my life. 7 for 44 on 3 point shots. Couldn?t beleive they didn?t drive more.

@aqua - you may be confusing stupidity vs effort (wanting it bad enough). Their lack of adjustments to me is just stubbornness from the coaching staff and probably not being in these close games enough to get experience in game adjustments. Similar to how golden state screwed up the finishes to games 4 and 5. When you play the result the winner is the one who always wants it bad enough.

I can?t wait for the Celtics to take out golden state next year. Houston may have an off chance of beating them if healthy but Paul will just be one year older. The spurs may have a shot if Leonard is healthy, POP seems to get the most out of his players.

the celtics saturday with rozier going 0/10 from 3 and the rockets 0/27 in a row at one point last night is why i hate this new generation of "chuck it up from 3" ball.  live by the 3, die by the 3

Kings said:
the celtics saturday with rozier going 0/10 from 3 and the rockets 0/27 in a row at one point last night is why i hate this new generation of "chuck it up from 3" ball.  live by the 3, die by the 3

I tend to agree.  It works for Golden State because they have some of the most elite shooters.  It's not something easily replicated by other teams.

Kings said:

If cp3 played, the rockets would be going to the finals

I take it the other way actually.  D'Antoni has just proven you can win a championship with 3's...not his fault his team went 0/27 in a row.  Cp3 would've never let that happen with his elite mid range game and decision making.  With cp3 out, they had to dig team into their bench and give minutes to Ryan Anderson, who was like a -12 in like 8 minutes I think.  Steph cooked him non stop.  Mbah moute or whatever was not 100% and Joe Johnson didn't play too well. 

That being said, Warriors in 5 I think.  Cavs barely beat the C's in 7 when their best offensive option was a rookie Tatum.  Their defense has been awful most of the season and playoffs. Good luck stopping kd/curry/Thompson.

The threes of today are why I enjoy watching lebron - although he settles for a bunch of lazy 3s lately, I guess it is somewhat understandable given how much he plays and the burden he has. He still drives and brings some level of artistry to the game. Kobe was by far the best at putting on a full display of athleticism with his drives to the basket.

AW said:
I don't remember ever seeing one player carrying a team as much as LBJ, amazing

That?s why he is the greatest of all time. Switch out any player for lebron and put them on the Cavs and no way they would make the finals.

qwerty said:
AW said:

That?s why he is the greatest of all time. Switch out any player for lebron and put them on the Cavs and no way they would make the finals.

Agree. But if he doesn't win this year, I do think he makes the move to Houston next year. Greatest of all time still needs more rings than he has now (three) and he probably has only 3 or 4 tops good years left at peak performance. 

qwerty said:
AW said:

I agree.  Even though he has fewer rings, I think his career surpasses Jordan's at this point.

i think everyone trying to play "warrior 3 ball" has left a huge void in dominant big man, bang in the paint kind of play.  if you try to match up 3 for 3 with the warriors they're just going to smoke you.  however, if you go in with a 7 footer at 300 lbs, start posting up against these easily frustrated hot heads like green, you're going to see a lot more success.  it's too bad those players have been phased out by the current generation.

Kings said:
i think everyone trying to play "warrior 3 ball" has left a huge void in dominant big man, bang in the paint kind of play.  if you try to match up 3 for 3 with the warriors they're just going to smoke you.  however, if you go in with a 7 footer at 300 lbs, start posting up against these easily frustrated hot heads like green, you're going to see a lot more success.  it's too bad those players have been phased out by the current generation.

Agree - Kobe and Shaq would have smoked these warriors. It would be interesting to see lebron/embid/Simmons take on the warriors.

irvinehomeowner said:
Need to find that thread where everyone was saying that LBJ wasn't that good. :)

How long ago was that?

I remember when people used to debate whether Kobe was better than Jordan or not, but thinking that LeBron was already better than Kobe based on the raw stats you could lookup on NBA.com.  For some reason, the sports media has always been slow to give LeBron credit for how good he really was.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Need to find that thread where everyone was saying that LBJ wasn't that good. :)

How long ago was that?

I remember when people used to debate whether Kobe was better than Jordan or not, but thinking that LeBron was already better than Kobe based on the raw stats you could lookup on NBA.com.  For some reason, the sports media has always been slow to give LeBron credit for how good he really was.
yeah, i remember that thread, who said that....
(going to pull a YF and delete all my old threads now) haha
man.. too lazy...

Back