NBA 2014-2015

I think it should have been co-MVP with Draymond and Curry. :)

So... uh... yaliu... seeing that the Lakers will have to get through GSW for the next 5 years... don't you think they should draft smaller?

Mozgov and Thompson were effective, but again, only 2 points to GSW's treys.

per my previous posts, i DO think AI is great.  and he did a great job on LBJ.  However, i still will rank LBJ > Curry > AI.  keep in mind LBJ avg 40 pts, 10 reb and 10 asts...

btw, I dislike (almost hate) LBJ... 

yaliu07 said:
per my previous posts, i DO think AI is great.  and he did a great job on LBJ.  However, i still will rank LBJ > Curry > AI.  keep in mind LBJ avg 40 pts, 10 reb and 10 asts...

btw, I dislike (almost hate) LBJ...

I hope you don't mean Allen Iverson #3.  :)

irvinehomeowner said:

So... uh... yaliu... seeing that the Lakers will have to get through GSW for the next 5 years... don't you think they should draft smaller?

Mozgov and Thomas were effective, but again, only 2 points to GSW's treys.

still believe in BIG MAN... OKAFOR

btw, GWS is luckiest team ever.. or should I say Curry is luckiest player ever.
1st round: Jure Holiday (PG) injured
Semi Final: Mike Conley (PG) injured
Conf Final: Patrick Beverley (PG) injured
Final: Kyrie Irving (PG) injured

yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Mozgov and Thomas were effective, but again, only 2 points to GSW's treys.

still believe in BIG MAN... OKAFOR

btw, GWS is luckiest team ever.. or should I say Curry is luckiest player ever.
1st round: Jure Holiday (PG) injured
Semi Final: Mike Conley (PG) injured
Conf Final: Patrick Beverley (PG) injured
Final: Kyrie Irving (PG) injured

Maybe but every championship team has some sort of luck and were healthier than their opponent.  Cavs faced a Bulls team with a hobbled Rose and Gasol being hurt.  The Hawks were depleted by injuries as well.

One of the things that Kerr did was to limit the minutes of his starters and play his bench.  A lot like what Pop does in SA.  That reduced the risk of injuries on any one of his players and created a team that is 10 deep.  Those two factors greatly contributed to the Warriors winning the championship.

As I think about it more... I think Curry was slighted.

As good as Iggy may have been... Kerr had to take him out in the 4th because of his FT%. You don't do that to an MVP.

Curry was the guy who not only closed deficits, but kept the Cavs busy because they had to switch or double him... and then he daggered them with a well-timed 3ball.

The Finals MVP is really an empty award but Curry really was the core of the team... esp because Klay disappeared.

irvinehomeowner said:
As I think about it more... I think Curry was slighted.

As good as Iggy may have been... Kerr had to take him out in the 4th because of his FT%. You don't do that to an MVP.

Curry was the guy who not only closed deficits, but kept the Cavs busy because they had to switch or double him... and then he daggered them with a well-timed 3ball.

The Finals MVP is really an empty award but Curry really was the core of the team... esp because Klay disappeared.

Agree.  I'm definitely not a basketball expert, but I was pretty shocked to see the vote results.  How can Curry get 0 votes?  Did everyone watch a different series? 

Twitter is so funny:

CH5kyk_UwAA6Gep.jpg

AD signed an extension with NO... not a smart move, he should have waited until next year when there was more money.

Looks like Kawhi is re-upping with the Spurs.

Aldridge/DeAndre/Love/Lakers rumors still swirling around.

irvinehomeowner said:
AD signed an extension with NO... not a smart move, he should have waited until next year when there was more money.

The deal doesn't kick in until 2016-2017 so it will actually be under the higher cap. That is why the estimated average is like $29m per year ( 5 years 145m). They said the final offer will be the highest allowed amount under the new higher salary cap. So it's a pretty smart move to lock in the contract now.

How do they know how high they can go before the TV deal is solidified? I would have still waited if I was AD and if I were the Pels, I would also wait because you also want to sign some other free agent and not blow it all on one guy (aka The Kobe-yashi Maru).

irvinehomeowner said:
How do they know how high they can go before the TV deal is solidified? I would have still waited if I was AD and if I were the Pels, I would also wait because you also want to sign some other free agent and not blow it all on one guy (aka The Kobe-yashi Maru).

The deal is already done.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11652297/nba-extends-television-deals-espn-tnt

The cap is a % of basketball related income. Im sure the nba and teams have a pretty good idea of what the cap is going to be for the 16-17 season.

irvinehomeowner said:

Unless he gets injured next year and get nothing...$145 million is plenty of money.  Most players get money through endorsements now anyways.

Irvinecommuter said:
Unless he gets injured next year and get nothing...$145 million is plenty of money.
True... and it's not like AD is the sturdiest of players (bigs seem to get hurt quite a bit).

Back