NBA 2012-13, discuss, fantasy, Lakers, etc.

539568_10151338804242511_1532992243_n.jpg

Gonna be a must win tomorrow... If they beat the rockets, they move into 7th and face the spurs instead of OKC... go Dwight

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
... tastic!!!

Nice play in OT puts Lakers in a better position... they can beat the Spurs... esp with BlakeMamba on fire.
That was a great game...can't believe Houston hit that miracle 3 at the buzzer in regular time, but a win is a win. 

I want to personally thank Jeremy Lin for throwing up that brick near the end of regulation.  We couldn't have done it without him.

great games last night! No way the 2nd round could of started any better than those first four games.  I guess if the Warriors won, it could have been a little better.  They shouldn't of blown that lead.

I was pulling for the Warriors too... stupid me turned off the game when they were up by 18... caught the highlights on TNT.

Not too worried about the Heat dropping that game to the Bulls... they were a bit rusty and should be able to win the series.

It sucks that both the Lakers and Clips lost in the first round... I really thought the Clips were going to make it farther this year and OKC losing Westbrook gave me hope for a Finals appearance (although OKC still looks pretty good without him).

Homer: If Nate Robinson can be in the NBA... so can you. :)

I head the Lakers head coach bought a $7m home over in Manhattan Beach this morning on the radio.  Looks like we aren't getting Phil.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I head the Lakers head coach bought a $7m home over in Manhattan Beach this morning on the radio.  Looks like we aren't getting Phil.
Yeah... all the sportscasters are saying that because of that purchase, D'Antoni is a lock for next season's coach. I'm not in that camp... I think it will depend on what Phil wants to do (being courted by BKN and TOR), what Kobe wants and who they keep or get new.

From what I understand, D'Antoni's contract is guaranteed so even if they fire him, he's still getting paid so buying the house doesn't matter financially. And with Mike Brown going back to Cleveland, I think that relieves the contract from the Lakers and they may decide to "bring back Phil" since they won't be on the hook to pay THREE coaches if they do let D'Antoni go.

From what I remember when it first happened.  This relieves the Lakers from half of the Mike Brown contract, but they still owe the other half.  But I could be wrong.

edit: looks like I am wrong from google, but I do remember Brussard saying that on ESPN right when it happened.

Clippers losing is a bummer.  Why they didn't play Jamal Crawford in the final half, I have no idea.  Barnes played awesome, inserting Grant Hill was smart (he produced).  Billups was the one that seemed to underperform.  I think having Crawford in for Billups would of made a big difference.

I felt bad for Willie Green, he produced all season long then plays nothing.  I think he would of helped alot more in that series than Billups.

But watching Grizzlies/Thunder you can tell the big difference between the Thunder and Clippers (besides the obvious Durant).  Thunder can actually get stops when they need them.  I think they got 3 in a row in the last 2 minutes.  I think Clippers missed Kenyon Martin and Reggie Evans this playoff series.  Kmart would always guard the best guys at end of games.

I thought the Knicks would be the better challenge for the Heat since they got two great scorers when you need them and good team defense, but Indiana looked amazing in the first game.  Its a shame the Heat would only have to play one of them.

Hey, don't go picking on lil' Nate Robinson.  He's a Husky you know.  :)

I thought he was crazy when after a pretty good freshman season as a cornerback on the football team, he all of a sudden quit
the football team to play on the basketball team.  Shows you how much I know.  I think he would have ended up being a pro in either sport.

irvinehomeowner said:
I was pulling for the Warriors too... stupid me turned off the game when they were up by 18... caught the highlights on TNT.

Not too worried about the Heat dropping that game to the Bulls... they were a bit rusty and should be able to win the series.

It sucks that both the Lakers and Clips lost in the first round... I really thought the Clips were going to make it farther this year and OKC losing Westbrook gave me hope for a Finals appearance (although OKC still looks pretty good without him).

irvinehusky said:
Hey, don't go picking on lil' Nate Robinson.  He's a Husky you know.  :)

I thought he was crazy when after a pretty good freshman season as a cornerback on the football team, he all of a sudden quit
the football team to play on the basketball team.  Shows you how much I know.  I think he would have ended up being a pro in either sport.

irvinehomeowner said:

i remember a highlight of him blowing some dude up when he used to play football. agree, he could have gone pro in football as well.

It's just amazing to me that he can compete at his size in today's NBA.

But I guess he's taller than Mugsy, Spud and Earl Boykins... and he's a 3-time Slam Dunk Champ.

Back